• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

Should the extra music stay in the build, or become a separate, optional component ("DLC")?

• Yes, I like the songs, but it would free up space for other things.

Votes: 228 60.5%
  • Yes, I don't like the songs / amount of songs you included.

Votes: 22 5.8%
  • No, I like the songs you added the way they are.

Votes: 107 28.4%
  • No, just remove some of them, and don't make it DLC.

Votes: 20 5.3%

• Total voters

Celuan

Smash Rookie
I think you downloaded the HD pack instead of the music DLC. You are trying to install the music DLC, right?
No, I didn't download the HD pack in fear it would lower my FPS, and the download I got for the music was the projectm folder.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
OK, here's what I downloaded.
Untitled.png

The zip contains the music DLC. The folder above it is extracted from the zip itself.
Untitled.png

When you open the projectm folder, you see a folder named pf, and on opening that, you should see 3 folders (info2, menu2, sound). On opening these folders, you should see the files I was talking about earlier. Follow the previous post and you should be good to go. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

MemeBoy

Smash Rookie
I finally did it! This is by far the best Project M build out there, just as i expected.
If someone has a modded wii and still have issues with the black screen, here's how to fix it:
-Get an SD formatted to FAT32 of any size.
-Put the homebrew version into the root of the sd and CFG USB loader.
-Boot the homebrew channel, then go to cfg usb loader.
-Select smash, go to options and set: Language to english, ios to 249, Block ios reload off, Ocarina ON and set hook type to vbi and then play.
Thanks david for this awesome build.

Nova_Plus

Smash Rookie
NNID
Luigitime15
hey can someone send me a link or explain how to install this on dolphin with the music "dlc" and hd pack please.

Edit: i got the music in but i have no idea how to replace the texture with the hd ones

Last edited:

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Nova_Plus Nova_Plus follow this guide.
https://www.smashladder.com/guides/view/264y/project-m/project-m-netplay-the-sd-method

It's for installing P:M netplay. If your internet can't handle the 2 gig SD.raw download, follow this guide.

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Virtual_SD_Card_Guide

Also, download winimage. It allows you to edit SD.raw files.

To play legacy, just open the SD.raw with winimage and delete everything, if anything is in there. On the menu bar, click on inject->inject a folder and navigate to where you extracted the legacy zip file. If you follow the first link correctly, you should be good to go.

For music DLC, I made a post about that. Winimage works like how a normal folder works.

For HD stuff, this thread should be useful.

http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-3-hd-remix-the-thread.412242/

Last edited:

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Seriously Panudroid Panudroid is killing it right now.

MemeBoy MemeBoy so glad you got it working. Thanks for documenting the steps.

@iPM4N51 Thank you!! So glad you're liking it!

And thank you everyone in this thread for helping each other out. It really is encouraging and fun to see.

schettinoman

Smash Rookie
I found a Crash problem, i was playing an Iron man match with the all star mode and the game crashes, the specs of the matches were like this:

• 41 Stocks
  • All-star mode
  • no time limit
  • Every character in the stocks
  • two players
hopefully this can get fixed, I remeber doing this in the regular Project M 3.6 and this didnt happen, good luck David and keep up the good work.

I finally did it! This is by far the best Project M build out there, just as i expected.
If someone has a modded wii and still have issues with the black screen, here's how to fix it:
-Get an SD formatted to FAT32 of any size.
-Put the homebrew version into the root of the sd and CFG USB loader.
-Boot the homebrew channel, then go to cfg usb loader.
-Select smash, go to options and set: Language to english, ios to 249, Block ios reload off, Ocarina ON and set hook type to vbi and then play.
Thanks david for this awesome build.
You have no idea how much I struggled with this, as an ultimatum, you can also change the wii sytem to english just in case the music sounds distorted

ratmon19

Smash Cadet
Thank you so much for all of your hard work. But maybe you could release a non-legit version with Ridley mod? Oh my god I would pee on myself.

Ps running on go to options and set: Language to english, ios to 249, Block ios reload off, Ocarina ON and set hook type to vbi and then play. (usb loader gx) it freezes on the end of the opening movie(of course I could always just skip it).

Nova_Plus

Smash Rookie
NNID
Luigitime15
https://www.smashladder.com/guides/view/264y/project-m/project-m-netplay-the-sd-method

It's for installing P:M netplay. If your internet can't handle the 2 gig SD.raw download, follow this guide.

To play legacy, just open the SD.raw with winimage and delete everything, if anything is in there. On the menu bar, click on inject->inject a folder and navigate to where you extracted the legacy zip file. If you follow the first link correctly, you should be good to go.

For music DLC, I made a post about that. Winimage works like how a normal folder works.

Thanks so much for your help man il let you know if everything goes well when I get the chance

MemeBoy

Smash Rookie
I found a Crash problem, i was playing an Iron man match with the all star mode and the game crashes, the specs of the matches were like this:

• 41 Stocks
  • All-star mode
  • no time limit
  • Every character in the stocks
  • two players
hopefully this can get fixed, I remeber doing this in the regular Project M 3.6 and this didnt happen, good luck David and keep up the good work.

You have no idea how much I struggled with this, as an ultimatum, you can also change the wii sytem to english just in case the music sounds distorted
Thanks for the tip man, and you're welcome. I changed the castlevania tune with the Castle Dracula's theme from Symphony of the Night, and sometimes the song stops and the original sounds for like 5 seconds, and it's quite annoying, so i hope your recommendation could fix it.

SilverCTS

Smash Rookie
Hey there. Thanks for using my Ryan voice pack! It's nice to know I did good enough to get used in such a huge project such as this.

SilverCTS

Smash Rookie
About the pack, Up-B's too quiet.
Yeah... I made that a while ago and I didn't think I would upload it onto KC-MM, let alone have it used in Legacy. I got a PM about the sound issues but I've yet to fix it. I'll get around to it as soon as I can and ask David or someone else to have it replaced.

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
How do I do blastzone-less stamina mode in this, if I even can?

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
C Chaos_Knight I made a post about that sometime back.

Last edited:

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Afaik, there isn't a PAL specific version, so you probably need to hack your Wii.

Chaos_Knight

Smash Cadet
So I downloaded the sd in the download to use in Dolphin and it worked just fine.

Now, I wanted to use some mods for my personal build. I used winimage to swap out a costume, saved it, and when I brought it back up, it didn't show any mods and only loaded up vanilla Brawl.

Celuan

Smash Rookie
OK, here's what I downloaded.
View attachment 105082
The zip contains the music DLC. The folder above it is extracted from the zip itself.
View attachment 105077

When you open the projectm folder, you see a folder named pf, and on opening that, you should see 3 folders (info2, menu2, sound). On opening these folders, you should see the files I was talking about earlier. Follow the previous post and you should be good to go. Hope this helps.
Ya that's what I got, my problem is I don't know where the Legacy projectm file is to replace with the stuff from the Music DLC projectm file.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
For dolphin, you need to download winimage which allows you to open SD.raw files.
SD.raw files go in My Documents->Dolphin->Wii.

I made a post sometime back about installing on dolphin and on some basic winimage functions, so check it out

Last edited:

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
So I downloaded the sd in the download to use in Dolphin and it worked just fine.

Now, I wanted to use some mods for my personal build. I used winimage to swap out a costume, saved it, and when I brought it back up, it didn't show any mods and only loaded up vanilla Brawl.
Did gecko give any errors? Send me a link to the costume you downloaded. Also, when you say you swapped costumes, you dropped the .PAC and the .pcs in the appropriate location?

Last edited:

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
So gecko says "not SD card found" or something similar?
Also, revert your changes and load P:M again

Last edited:

Chaos_Knight

Smash Cadet
Last edited:

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
Hi! Thank you for this awesome mod pack!

I had an error, but solved it eventually.

I wanted to ask you just one question: where does that strange Roy alt costume come from?

Also, is the 2GB limit you warn us about in the readme file present in Dolphin? I wanted to use the Music DLC!

BTW, does the HD texture pack decrease performance in Dolphin? Or is it almost negligible?

Last edited:

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Also, is the 2GB limit you warn us about in the readme file present in Dolphin? I wanted to use the Music DLC!
Dolphin cannot handle Virtual SD cards larger than 2 GB, so yes. This could be worked around if you built an ISO using Legacy.

BTW, does the HD texture pack decrease performance in Dolphin? Or is it almost negligible?
It can affect performance, really depends on your PC.

Pyro Gaming

Smash Apprentice
Game crashed on me, playing on Z-alt for Pokemon Stadium with me playing as Mega Charizard, and two CPU's as Mega Mewtwo and Mega Lucario. Everything was going smoothly, until I preformed a fully-charged forward smash that hit Lucario, and the game hard froze. Using a Gamecube controller on a Hackless Wii.

WildWings

Smash Rookie
I got the homebrew version working on my wii u but its only in 4:3 any help?

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
Dolphin cannot handle Virtual SD cards larger than 2 GB, so yes. This could be worked around if you built an ISO using Legacy.

It can affect performance, really depends on your PC.
Thank you very much! However, I suspect that building an ISO could affect many other things, couldn't it?

I'll skip HD textures for now until I update my motherboard an CPU.

BTW, do you know where do these come from?

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
The only one I know of is Kamina Roy
Which is based of Kamina from the Gurren Lagann anime.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
The only one I know of is Kamina Roy
Which is based of Kamina from the Gurren Lagann anime.
That's kind of disappointing. I would have loved if Legacy would preserve some rules about Nintendo universe. I mean, something like alt costumes that are based on actual character designs or clothes along his/her games. I love cosplay, but with meaningfully justified, such as same series cosplay. Alt costumes that change character's identity or include elements outside of Nintendo and/or video gaming are things I don't actually like, to tell you the truth.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
can anyone tell me how to access the dark link room stage in 1.3? i know details are in the credit.txt, but it doesnt seem to match up with whats in game.

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
That's kind of disappointing. I would have loved if Legacy would preserve some rules about Nintendo universe. I mean, something like alt costumes that are based on actual character designs or clothes along his/her games. I love cosplay, but with meaningfully justified, such as same series cosplay. Alt costumes that change character's identity or include elements outside of Nintendo and/or video gaming are things I don't actually like, to tell you the truth.
it's simon, not kamina.
sorry i had to.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-meLwc2WCR...QvrVO4/s1600/simon+the+digger+Anime+cheks.png

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, it's nice to see someone think of new and innovative ideas for costumes. Most of the obvious Nintendo based alts have already been done at this point, plus not all characters have alternate designs floating out there which are from Nintendo.

Also, if you really don't like them, you can replace them with something you like.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, it's nice to see someone think of new and innovative ideas for costumes. Most of the obvious Nintendo based alts have already been done at this point, plus not all characters have alternate designs floating out there which are from Nintendo.

Also, if you really don't like them, you can replace them with something you like.
Well, that's a personal opionion. Mine is that I feel more comfortable playing a Smash hack with visuals and souns that pretend to be an actual game. Anime and other media references kind of take me out of that idea of simulating a real Smash game. It just makes it too obvious that it is a mod.

I am not criticizing those who have made those alt costumes — I have to say they are pretty elaborate. What I meant is I personally cannot see that as an almost official release. That's something I loved of PMDev art, for instance.

Top Bottom