• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

Should the extra music stay in the build, or become a separate, optional component ("DLC")?

• Yes, I like the songs, but it would free up space for other things.

Votes: 228 60.5%
  • Yes, I don't like the songs / amount of songs you included.

Votes: 22 5.8%
  • No, I like the songs you added the way they are.

Votes: 107 28.4%
  • No, just remove some of them, and don't make it DLC.

Votes: 20 5.3%

• Total voters

iPM4N51

Smash Rookie
I have a problem that I can't solve myself ...

Whenever I go to the classic mode character select screen the game crashes immediately .. :(
I'm using a 2GB non-SDHC Card formatet in FAT32. I added no other mods only the original legacy 1.3 version .. (and the music dlc but I think thats not the issue)

And by the way: I love Super smash bros legacy ! Great works :):):)

Last edited:

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Netplay usually refers to playing online on the Dolphin emulator, but there is something called wiimmfi which allows you to play online on the Wii. I don't know if it works with legacy. (it should, imo)

Kulty

Smash Ace
Hey David,

I tried Legacy over the past week, and I can say that you've done a great job. By the way, for the next update, can you consider these alternate skins?:
1) Darkspine Sonic from Sonic and the Secret Rings
2) Replace Dark Palette Mario to Flying Mario from Super Mario Galaxy 1
3) Replace the blue skin by the Ice Flower skin for Mario from New Super Mario Bros. Wii
I hope that you'll consider this. Again, great job. Btw, when does the Homebrew instructions will come out?

EDIT: I do have problems for installing the DLC music. I tried to download the homebrew version of PM legacy, and it went just fine. However, I wanted to add the DLC music. After I extracted all the files from the zip folder to my SD card, what should I do and how should I do to add the DLC music after I downloaded it from mediafire? When I tried to copy the sound file to the SD card, there was just no more space since I only use a 2GB SD card. Help will be really appreciated, because I really want to play Legacy with its new soundtracks since I do care about music in Smash.

Last edited:

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
I do have problems for installing the DLC music. I tried to download the homebrew version of PM legacy, and it went just fine. However, I wanted to add the DLC music. After I extracted all the files from the zip folder to my SD card, what should I do and how should I do to add the DLC music after I downloaded it from mediafire? When I tried to copy the sound file to the SD card, there was just no more space since I only use a 2GB SD card. Help will be really appreciated, because I really want to play Legacy with its new soundtracks since I do care about music in Smash.
Either get a bigger SD card, or figure out what Music you want to not include, and delete it until you've made more room.

Kulty

Smash Ace
Either get a bigger SD card, or figure out what Music you want to not include, and delete it until you've made more room.
1) Does a bigger SD card like 16GB work?
2) I just tried messing up a bit with the files. Can get the songs work, but some songs like X-Naut from Paper Mario Thousand Year Door just crashes after it loops. How do I fix that?
3) Can I replace the updated files from the DLC music pack to the extracted files from the homebrew files? Replace the info2, menu2 and sound pack?
EDIT: 4) I messed up with the files again. I managed to get the DLC songs work, but the names of the soundtrack don't correspond to the actual song. For example, the name of the song is Sonic Boom and instead it plays I Am All of Me from Shadow the Hedgehog. How do I fix this?

Last edited:

azzinothflame

Smash Rookie
For those who have the black screen error, (Homebre method) try these settings on your loader, IOS: 249. Language: english. Block IOS reload: off. Ocarina: on. Hook type: VBI. I´m using a fat 32, 8GB micro SD with adapter
and I made a very easy tutorial in my youtube channel.
The friend that was helping me said me the same but he missed the lenguaje and off the Block IOS.
Finally it did work!
Muchas gracias.

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
1) Does a bigger SD card like 16GB work?
2) I just tried messing up a bit with the files. Can get the songs work, but some songs like X-Naut from Paper Mario Thousand Year Door just crashes after it loops. How do I fix that?
3) Can I replace the updated files from the DLC music pack to the extracted files from the homebrew files? Replace the info2, menu2 and sound pack?
EDIT: 4) I messed up with the files again. I managed to get the DLC songs work, but the names of the soundtrack don't correspond to the actual song. For example, the name of the song is Sonic Boom and instead it plays I Am All of Me from Shadow the Hedgehog. How do I fix this?
1) It will work for Homebrew, not hackless
2) Reformat your SD card, then re-add everything
3) Move the default files to the SD, then move the DLC to the SD. Overwrite the original with the DLC.
4) That's because you are missing the info.pac and other files from the music pack.

Kulty

Smash Ace
1) It will work for Homebrew, not hackless
2) Reformat your SD card, then re-add everything
3) Move the default files to the SD, then move the DLC to the SD. Overwrite the original with the DLC.
4) That's because you are missing the info.pac and other files from the music pack.
I managed to solve all of the issues by myself, but the only thing I'm kinda sad about is that X-Naut from Paper Mario Thousand Year Door crashes the audio a few seconds after I started. It's not that big of an issue for me, but can't I just redownload again the DLC music pack again and replace the old song file to the new one? Or will it still just crash the audio like before? If that doesn't work, that means that I have to reformat and redo the process all over again right?

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
I managed to solve all of the issues by myself, but the only thing I'm kinda sad about is that X-Naut from Paper Mario Thousand Year Door crashes the audio a few seconds after I started. It's not that big of an issue for me, but can't I just redownload again the DLC music pack again and replace the old song file to the new one? Or will it still just crash the audio like before? If that doesn't work, that means that I have to reformat and redo the process all over again right?
If it's creating static noise, the only known fix is reformatting. In fact, replacing the file oftentimes makes it worse.

azzinothflame

Smash Rookie
I have the same problem of music with different name. i have info.pac and other files from the music pack in the right place.
And, for some reason, the Legacy menu that appears in Homebrew Channel does not work (black screen), and i have to use the loader gx to make it work.

Last edited:

DeKu Skrub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadixREBORN
3DS FC
1650-2649-2219
Switch FC
SW-1122-3127-2057
The problem for me when loading up backless versions of PM is the randomly sped-up original music.
Btw, Whenever I load up a stage from the far left or right, and load another stage from the far left or right, the 2nd stage always has the first stages music.
Ex: Subspace Bomb Factory loaded first, Gannon's tower loaded second, Gannon's tower has Subspace Bomb Factory Music

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
For music problems, it's best if you first defrag your SD card or delete all the songs and put them in again like soopercool101 soopercool101 said a few posts back

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
davidvkimball davidvkimball One problem with the music pack, there are tracks that are already in the normal build. When I installed both of them, it required me to replace the BRSTMs which made them corrupted in-game. And some tracks have incorrect names.

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
davidvkimball davidvkimball One problem with the music pack, there are tracks that are already in the normal build. When I installed both of them, it required me to replace the BRSTMs which made them corrupted in-game. And some tracks have incorrect names.
Replace them on your hard drive, then move the full build to a reformatted SD card.

azzinothflame

Smash Rookie
For some reason, it does works only opening the game in usb loader gx and not in the Legacy Homebrew Icon (black screen)
Is there something to fix that?

CaptainUnicornPants

Smash Rookie
So i love this mod but there are quite a few stages that I will probably never use (the walk off ones). And I am almost completely out of space on my sd card ( I added a lot of my own custom music). Is there a way to delete those stages without breaking the game? If so how may I do it

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
So i love this mod but there are quite a few stages that I will probably never use (the walk off ones). And I am almost completely out of space on my sd card ( I added a lot of my own custom music). Is there a way to delete those stages without breaking the game? If so how may I do it
You can replace those stages with stages you can download from places like brawl vault and modulous.

schettinoman

Smash Rookie
Hey there, Thanks for the mod, I been playing it since the 1.0 release and me and my comptetitive friends love it, tough I encountered a problem where some of the stages load, but some elements are missing like the background or the whole stage, like if all the sudden the characters are fighting in the dark, I cant seem to find the solution, I have installed the mod for the third time with an SD card fat32, so im not sure what seems to be causing it.

Also a few things worth mentioning

• the SD im using for Legacy is a standard 2GB
  • I added the DLC songs (minus some songs due to capacity limit)
  • the Brawl version Im running is NTSC from an USB drive around 4 GB
  • I load Brawl from USBGX loader and use the ocarina hook with NextAFrame hook type (I dont exactly remember the hook name fbut it was similar)
  • some of the stages that go missing are standard Shadow Moses and Alternate Animal Crossing
  • It freezes when the alternate Z animal Crossing stage is selected
Hopefully this helps since i just enjoy this mod a lot and i tried a lot of stuff already to fix it. thanks a lot Legacy team for the PM love.

Last edited:

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Hey there, Thanks for the mod, I been playing it since the 1.0 release and me and my comptetitive friends love it, tough I encountered a problem where some of the stages load, but some elements are missing like the background or the whole stage, like if all the sudden the characters are fighting in the dark, I cant seem to find the solution, I have installed the mod for the third time with an SD card fat32, so im not sure what seems to be causing it.

Also a few things worth mentioning

• the SD im using for Legacy is a standard 2GB
  • I added the DLC songs (minus some songs due to capacity limit)
  • the Brawl version Im running is NTSC from an USB drive around 4 GB
  • I load Brawl from USBGX loader and use the ocarina hook with NextAFrame hook type (I dont exactly remember the hook name fbut it was similar)
  • some of the stages that go missing are standard Shadow Moses and Alternate Animal Crossing
  • It freezes when the alternate Z animal Crossing stage is selected
Hopefully this helps since i just enjoy this mod a lot and i tried a lot of stuff already to fix it. thanks a lot Legacy team for the PM love.
If I recall correctly, on a 2GB SD card, the limit for Brawl is not actually 2 GB, but around 1.75. Beyond 1.75GB or so files start loading incorrectly. Reformat again and add in stuff with this limit in mind.

schettinoman

Smash Rookie
If I recall correctly, on a 2GB SD card, the limit for Brawl is not actually 2 GB, but around 1.75. Beyond 1.75GB or so files start loading incorrectly. Reformat again and add in stuff with this limit in mind.
Tried that and the problem is still there, I researched a little more and Maybe is a faulty ISO of brawl that wasnt correctly ripped, I didnt had any problems when I used my original Brawl copy (that one is currently missing) so This must be it, Im gonna search for a more stable ISO and report the progress back.

Last edited:

DaSolarNeko

Smash Rookie
I'm not very smart, so lemme get this straight:
If I don't use the DLC song pack, there will still be songs on the stages, right?

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
But can I straight up delete them so I can get more space for custom music?
As far as I know, no. You can't delete stages.
Edit: you could delete stages present in stgcustom slots, I'm not sure.

I'm not very smart, so lemme get this straight:
If I don't use the DLC song pack, there will still be songs on the stages, right?
Yeah there are songs on the stages without the DLC pack.

Last edited:

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
Interesting, so that's why PM freezes randomly.

schettinoman

Smash Rookie
]
Tried that and the problem is still there, I researched a little more and Maybe is a faulty ISO of brawl that wasnt correctly ripped, I didnt had any problems when I used my original Brawl copy (that one is currently missing) so This must be it, Im gonna search for a more stable ISO and report the progress back.
OK so problem solved! it WAS a faulty ISO Brawl, I noticed the moment I saw a different file size between each file, hopefully this helps someone with the same problem in the future.

Interesting, so that's why PM freezes randomly.
I actually filled my SD to the limit with the songs DLC, to be quite honest I didnt have any problems what so ever with my working Brawl copy, what Im gonna do now is try the 4GB SD card to see if it works with no complications and the full DLC

Celuan

Smash Rookie
I like this build, I have a few questions though. Where to I put the additional music folder for 1.3? Also is there a way to change music for the extra stages, like Bell Tower, I would love to replace the song there for this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i-kRg7yNis
And how do I find the secret stages, I couldn't find one or a guide anywhere, all I need is like a hint in the right direction.
Anyways, thanks for listening, probably gonna have some late nights going on lvl 9 winning streaks and try to take on my friends.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
I like this build, I have a few questions though. Where to I put the additional music folder for 1.3? Also is there a way to change music for the extra stages, like Bell Tower, I would love to replace the song there for this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i-kRg7yNis
And how do I find the secret stages, I couldn't find one or a guide anywhere, all I need is like a hint in the right direction.
Anyways, thanks for listening, probably gonna have some late nights going on lvl 9 winning streaks and try to take on my friends.
Songs ( the files that end in .brstm) go in projectm->pf->sound->strm
The info.pac and info_training.pac go in the info2 folder and mu_menumain.pac in the menu2 folder

There should be a readme in the same folder as the songs. That will tell you which song to replace.

Secret stages.....uhh....
You need to hold start. Btw, the entire stage list is given in credits.txt

Last edited:

DaSolarNeko

Smash Rookie
Ok...so I have another question. If I want to play as a character in rainbow mode, do I just press Z ONCE at the CSS? Or do I have to hold Z until we get to the stage select, or until we finish selection of the stage?

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
I've got trouble with My Music. Metal Cavern's list affected my save file and my build with vBrawl no longer show the first 3 songs. This is coming from Legacy's codes that change the playlist for custom stages and show the song name, but the default stage expansion doesn't do that.

Last edited:

MemeBoy

Smash Rookie
Sorry for posting again the same issue, but i tried basically everything, loading hackless, homebrew, hackless with the method of 4 gb sd card and with CFG usb loader, without memory card, with music dlc, without music dlc... but nothing works, there's somebody here that had the same issue? (the black screen) and found the solution?
I really want to try this build out, because it looks like the only one with actual support of the dev, and it just looks great.

sealedinterface

Smash Rookie
NNID
einsteinsci
Which stage does the Good Egg/Beat Block Galaxy stages replace? It's not in PM and I want to set some custom music for it.

Celuan

Smash Rookie
Songs ( the files that end in .brstm) go in projectm->pf->sound->strm
The info.pac and info_training.pac go in the info2 folder and mu_menumain.pac in the menu2 folder

There should be a readme in the same folder as the songs. That will tell you which song to replace.
(End Quote)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the help, but I'm slightly confused. I downloaded the music file and it came in a folder called projectm with everything set up how you described it. So where should I place this folder, or do I have to replace the song files manually; because I can't find the song files for Project M and am fairly certain they are encoded into the game to the point where I probably can't change them.

Last edited:

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Celuan Celuan In the legacy build, first go to projectm->pf->sound->strm and delete all the .brstm files in there. Then, in the legacy build, go to projectm->pf->menu2 and replace mu_menumain.pac with the one in the music DLC. Then, in the legacy build, go to projectm->pf->info2 and replace info.pac and info_training.pac with the ones in the music DLC. Finally, in the music DLC, go to projectm->pf->sound->strm and copy all the .brstm files there. Then, in the legacy build, go to projectm->pf->sound->strm and paste all the files.

Hope this helps.

Celuan

Smash Rookie
Celuan Celuan In the legacy build, first go to projectm->pf->sound->strm and delete all the .brstm files in there. Then, in the legacy build, go to projectm->pf->menu2 and replace mu_menumain.pac with the one in the music DLC. Then, in the legacy build, go to projectm->pf->info2 and replace info.pac and info_training.pac with the ones in the music DLC. Finally, in the music DLC, go to projectm->pf->sound->strm and copy all the .brstm files there. Then, in the legacy build, go to projectm->pf->sound->strm and paste all the files.

Hope this helps.
I can't seem to find a projectm file already in the my Legacy folder, when I open it up it looks like a bunch of standard Dolphin files with some legacy things here in there. The files are Games, Languages, System, User (Found Brawl & Project M textures under load in this one). Those are all the folders, the rest are all Application extensions, Text Documents, Launchers, and a CONF called: qt.conf. And I realized that the projectm file I downloaded is probably the only one on my computer since it didn't put a (1) on it or ask to replace a pre-existing folder. You downloaded your from the same link right?

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
I think you downloaded the HD pack instead of the music DLC. You are trying to install the music DLC, right?

Top Bottom