• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

Should the extra music stay in the build, or become a separate, optional component ("DLC")?

• Yes, I like the songs, but it would free up space for other things.

Votes: 228 60.5%
  • Yes, I don't like the songs / amount of songs you included.

Votes: 22 5.8%
  • No, I like the songs you added the way they are.

Votes: 107 28.4%
  • No, just remove some of them, and don't make it DLC.

Votes: 20 5.3%

• Total voters

StephenCP

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3866-9132-6299
hey there! just wanted to say that i absolutely LOVE this pack, dude! i'm glad you took the time to put this together for everyone to enjoy. it's really solid, and deserves more attention. can't wait for future updates! keep up the fantastic work!

MemeBoy

Smash Rookie
Reading the text file you included in the 1.3, now i think that, after all, my Adata 2 gb sd card isn't compatible with this mod, and, well, getting 2gb sd card these days it's kinda difficult, or at least where i live in, so, are you planning to make your mod HC compatible? that would be awesome.

Hungrymaelstrom

Smash Rookie
Pretty good package you guys got here!

2 things I'd like to ask?
1. Some songs get distorted before completing a loop? I'm not sure if that's a unique error or not so I'm going to put it out there.

2.How would I go about adding more songs to the tracklist of a custom stage; For example, adding a Castle Siege song to Arena Ferrox? (There are way to many good FE tracks to only listen to ID~purpose lol)

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Pretty good package you guys got here!

2 things I'd like to ask?
1. Some songs get distorted before completing a loop? I'm not sure if that's a unique error or not so I'm going to put it out there.

2.How would I go about adding more songs to the tracklist of a custom stage; For example, adding a Castle Siege song to Arena Ferrox? (There are way to many good FE tracks to only listen to ID~purpose lol)
1) Reformat your SD card and reinstall
2) It can be done using the Custom sound engine, but last I checked that wasn't fully working with P:M (and it is pretty difficult to get to work anyway)

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Reading the text file you included in the 1.3, now i think that, after all, my Adata 2 gb sd card isn't compatible with this mod, and, well, getting 2gb sd card these days it's kinda difficult, or at least where i live in, so, are you planning to make your mod HC compatible? that would be awesome.
Well, you have 2 options.
1. Hack your wii and then download the homebrew version of the mod.
2.There is a way to play hackless with a 4gig SD card, but it only works with the p:m launcher and not Gecko. So, you'll have to mess around with some files.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
What Panudroid Panudroid said. You could also try LetterBomb. http://please.hackmii.com/

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Are the HD dolphin textures the same ones from the HD texture project? ( https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-super-smash-bros-hd-retexture-project-v4-0-3-august-2015 )

If not, would using these textures replace any of the legacy textures or just complement them?
Yep, the HD texture pack for Legacy is based upon Yami's texture back that you linked.

If you added those textures to Legacy, they wouldn't do anything since the file names don't match to any of the textures in Legacy (except the ones that are already used).

Gifted

Smash Cadet
NNID
QueenGifted
This looks really really nice.
I hope you make a Brawl Minus variation, sometime.
Good luck.

D

Deleted member

This looks really really nice.
I hope you make a Brawl Minus variation, sometime.
Good luck.
That would literally be the greatest thing ever, and it would bring fame to a mod that deserves attention.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Hey guys! I'd like to come out of my Smashboards hidey-hole to say this:
This mod is friggin' amazing! The music is great, the choice of skins is awesome while somehow staying professional, and all & all it's an awesome pack!
Also, I agree with Gifted Gifted , a Brawl Minus variation would be great as well.

Good luck on your future modding endeavors! I'll be sure to reccomend this build to all of my friends.

See ya around!

CyberMario

Settle It
3DS FC
3351-4726-1926
Could you add in your instructions how to add the DLC Music pack into sd.raw for Dolphin? I have the HD Pack installed and it's rendered at 1080p. I just need to cram in the music and it'll be all set for playing with my friends.

MemeBoy

Smash Rookie
Well, you have 2 options.
1. Hack your wii and then download the homebrew version of the mod.
2.There is a way to play hackless with a 4gig SD card, but it only works with the p:m launcher and not Gecko. So, you'll have to mess around with some files.
Yep, the HD texture pack for Legacy is based upon Yami's texture back that you linked.

If you added those textures to Legacy, they wouldn't do anything since the file names don't match to any of the textures in Legacy (except the ones that are already used).
Well, the problem is that my wii is already modded, and i launched legacy through the homebrew channel, after i realize it didn't work out, i tried with the hackless method, again with the same results. So for now, my only solution is to get another 2 gb sd card, i'm going to check where i can get one, but, if there's a way to play this with a 4 gb sd card, i really want to know it, but i get it's a lot of work and i don't know anything about, well, this, you know.
Thanks for the reply and keep up the awesome work.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Well, the problem is that my wii is already modded, and i launched legacy through the homebrew channel, after i realize it didn't work out, i tried with the hackless method, again with the same results. So for now, my only solution is to get another 2 gb sd card, i'm going to check where i can get one, but, if there's a way to play this with a 4 gb sd card, i really want to know it, but i get it's a lot of work and i don't know anything about, well, this, you know.
I haven't hacked my wii, so I can't help you there, but check out this link(it's for option 2)
https://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2119co/tutorial_how_to_get_hackless_project_m_to_work_on/

Hungrymaelstrom

Smash Rookie
I Use an 8gb SD Card despite the implied complications with using over 2gb cards... I believe the Model of the Wii as well as the type of SD you're using is important. (I have a black Wii). copy your homebrew files to you 4gb and see if it shows up on your modded Wii.. With that being Said http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/SD/SDHC_Card_Compatibility_Tests
go there to help cut the adventure short.

1) Reformat your SD card and reinstall
2) It can be done using the Custom sound engine, but last I checked that wasn't fully working with P:M (and it is pretty difficult to get to work anyway)
1)Thanks, it worked, do you know the specifics behind why this works btw?
2)No thanks I'll just deal with it lol

And may I ask, ...how did the Mewtwo alts make this package? Comparatively speaking they aren't quite polished.

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
If I recall correctly, basically, it has to do with how data is handled by computers. Normally, data isn't deleted completely; the data still exists but the computer doesn't know how to find it. One way or another, Brawl does manage to arbitrarily load some of this data sometimes when playing songs (usually if you replace songs in the SD card with a different one of the same name). Reformatting an SD card completely removes all data as well as references to it.

Hungrymaelstrom

Smash Rookie
If I recall correctly, basically, it has to do with how data is handled by computers. Normally, data isn't deleted completely; the data still exists but the computer doesn't know how to find it. One way or another, Brawl does manage to arbitrarily load some of this data sometimes when playing songs (usually if you replace songs in the SD card with a different one of the same name). Reformatting an SD card completely removes all data as well as references to it.
This makes so much sense, thanks for the reply... I figured it had to do with replacing files under the same name, after you told me to reformat.

MemeBoy

Smash Rookie
I haven't hacked my wii, so I can't help you there, but check out this link(it's for option 2)
https://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2119co/tutorial_how_to_get_hackless_project_m_to_work_on/
I actually modded my wii with the bannerbomb exploit so i don't know if it can be used a second time with the wii already hacked. i'll try check that out.
I Use an 8gb SD Card despite the implied complications with using over 2gb cards... I believe the Model of the Wii as well as the type of SD you're using is important. (I have a black Wii). copy your homebrew files to you 4gb and see if it shows up on your modded Wii.. With that being Said http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/SD/SDHC_Card_Compatibility_Tests
go there to help cut the adventure short.

2)No thanks I'll just deal with it lol

And may I ask, ...how did the Mewtwo alts make this package? Comparatively speaking they aren't quite polished.
My wii is a 4.3u white wii, the 4 gb sd card i have available it's a Kingston's, with an adapter of the same brand, and my 2gb sd card, well, is an adata, and it's quite strange because it can run any other homebrew app with no problems. I'll try Legacy with it, to check if works, but i don't think it would, because if i can recall, the first time i tried to get legacy to run i was using a 4gb sd card.

azzinothflame

Smash Rookie
Hello. I gave up with the hackless method and I hacked my wii and now i have the Homebrew channel.
I have a 4gb hc card, 2 pendrives of 4 gb , a normal 2gb sd card and a original copy of brawl. I got the legacy thing in the homebrew channel but when i open it and then put play in the pm menu, the screen is all black (again).
I have all ( homebrew, usb loader, pm legacy homebrew version ) in the 4 gb hc card.
Help me please.

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
Hello. I gave up with the hackless method and I hacked my wii and now i have the Homebrew channel.
I have a 4gb hc card, 2 pendrives of 4 gb , a normal 2gb sd card and a original copy of brawl. I got the legacy thing in the homebrew channel but when i open it and then put play in the pm menu, the screen is all black (again).
I have all ( homebrew, usb loader, pm legacy homebrew version ) in the 4 gb hc card.
Help me please.
You don't need the homebrew files in your sd card after installing homebrew. All you need on the sd card is the pm legacy homebrew version files, unless maybe if you are using a usb loader, but i don't know that much about how usb loaders work. Maybe it'll free up space if you get rid of the other things. Maybe it's because you're using an hc card. Unless that was a typo, i think you can only use sd cards.

azzinothflame

Smash Rookie
I used homebrew, copy of brawl and 2 gb sd card (non hc) Going Legacy menu, then pm penu, put play and Black screen again.

I formated fat 32. No memory inserted. Regular pm (hackless) worked, but not hackless Legacy.

Help, please.

Last edited:

MemeBoy

Smash Rookie
Well, i tried the letterbomb method with a 4gb sd card with 4096 of cluster, with no music dlc, with no memory card inserted and with my hard drive unplugged, and well, the screen just goes black, again. Well, at least i now know it's not a problem of my 2gb SD. Somebody knows what's going on with that issue?

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Is it just a black screen and nothing else after you press play on the launcher?

MemeBoy

Smash Rookie
Is it just a black screen and nothing else after you press play on the launcher?
In the hackless method without letterbomb the wii starts reading the disc, with homebrew it's the same story. With letterbomb i thinked it would work, because the screen twinkled a couple of times before going totally black. It's quite odd that this is happening to me and some other users that downloaded Legacy while with other people it works fine. I tried with 1.1, 1.2 and with the latest version, and the black screen just doesn't go away.

42rockjock

Smash Cadet
Hey has anyone had the problem of the hidden stages appearing on random even though no one has hit the button combination because it happens every now and then to me. Is there a fix for this by any chance?

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
This is my first post here so hopefully I dont mess anything up. Anyways, what i need to ask is if its possible to add music to "DONT PRESS A" Stages. I am specifically referring to Inferno, as there are numerous songs I want to add. If so, could someone tell me how to add the songs? Hopefully this isnt just something really stupid that I overlooked...

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
This is my first post here so hopefully I dont mess anything up. Anyways, what i need to ask is if its possible to add music to "DONT PRESS A" Stages. I am specifically referring to Inferno, as there are numerous songs I want to add. If so, could someone tell me how to add the songs? Hopefully this isnt just something really stupid that I overlooked...
It can be done using the Custom sound engine, but last I checked that wasn't fully working with P:M (and it is pretty difficult to get to work anyway)
Adding additional songs without replacing anything is extremely difficult. Replacing whatever song is currently on those stages is not, however.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Exactly what soopercool101 soopercool101 said. You can just look in the sound > brstm folder and find the "_COMPLETE SONG LIST.txt" file and look up the ID of the song you want to replace, and replace from there. :)

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
I am not at my computer so I cant test this out right now. I wanted to add songs, but it looks like I can only replace them. Just so I know when i get back to my computer, is there a limit (Besides the SD Card storage limit) for how long a song could be? If not, then I can combine the songs I wanted into one. (If you want to know, all of the songs on Umbra Clock Tower, http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_SSB4_Music_(Bayonetta_series) )

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
I am not at my computer so I cant test this out right now. I wanted to add songs, but it looks like I can only replace them. Just so I know when i get back to my computer, is there a limit (Besides the SD Card storage limit) for how long a song could be? If not, then I can combine the songs I wanted into one. (If you want to know, all of the songs on Umbra Clock Tower, http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_SSB4_Music_(Bayonetta_series) )
I believe you'll be fine, as far as I know .brstms do not have a file size limit.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
That's impossible. I'm pretty sure that you're using the music DLC, since music files take up the most space.

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
What Panudroid said (beat me to the punch). When I downloaded it (Nthing else, 2 GB), I had space left. If you cant download it hackless (which shouldnt happen), delete songs. Guide in the Original Post.

DeKu Skrub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadixREBORN
3DS FC
1650-2649-2219
Switch FC
SW-1122-3127-2057
I got it to work this time, but I had to transfer each individual character file one at a time. Strange.

Top Bottom