• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

Should the extra music stay in the build, or become a separate, optional component ("DLC")?

• Yes, I like the songs, but it would free up space for other things.

Votes: 228 60.5%
  • Yes, I don't like the songs / amount of songs you included.

Votes: 22 5.8%
  • No, I like the songs you added the way they are.

Votes: 107 28.4%
  • No, just remove some of them, and don't make it DLC.

Votes: 20 5.3%

• Total voters

Cold To The Touch

Smash Rookie
Nope. SSB Legacy 1.3 is broken for me. Great. And the cat isn't helping me. Awesome. I can live without Legacy anyways.

Last edited:

YoHeKing

Smash Master
NNID
YoHeKing
3DS FC
1504-5702-2379
I cant get the Netplay 1.3 working. Instructions are not clear enough and I did try connecting to wifi.

Edit: Fixed.

Last edited:

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
This looks amazing, keep up the great work on the build! Oh and I have a question, how are the renders made? They just look so amazing!

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
This looks amazing, keep up the great work on the build! Oh and I have a question, how are the renders made? They just look so amazing!
Thanks! I pose it in BrawlBox, export as .dae and edit in 3DS Max before I render it in the same program. :)

CaptainUnicornPants

Smash Rookie
"The archive is either in unknown format or damaged" Anyone else getting this when trying to extract the hackless?

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Re-download and try again. That happens with all zip or rar files sometimes

D

Deleted member

Which version of the dark characters code did you use? Emerald Spectrum or no spectrum?

CaptainUnicornPants

Smash Rookie
So after downloading hackless and following the guide, when i go to stage builder and it loads the boot, it restarted the game to the "please secure wrist strap". When i go to stage builder again it wont read that I have an sd card. Any thoughts?

CaptainUnicornPants

Smash Rookie
Want to add that I also tried loading 1.21, which also restarted to the wrist strap safty thing. Is there something im forgetting? I reformat the SD card, and drag everything into the SD card. Ive been playing PM for a month now and just discovered this mod. Thanks

devnew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevNew
Want to add that I also tried loading 1.21, which also restarted to the wrist strap safty thing. Is there something im forgetting? I reformat the SD card, and drag everything into the SD card. Ive been playing PM for a month now and just discovered this mod. Thanks
Is your sd unlocked

devnew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevNew
Im not sure what you mean by that, could you explain?
On the side of an sd there is usually a slide lock. Most of them has the unlock closes to the reader side (the side with the pins[The gold thingys]) If your sd is locked pm wont load at all or correctly.

CaptainUnicornPants

Smash Rookie
On the side of an sd there is usually a slide lock. Most of them has the unlock closes to the reader side (the side with the pins[The gold thingys]) If your sd is locked pm wont load at all or correctly.
My SD card is not locked, as I have loaded PM before, I just can't get any version of legacy to work. Any other ideas? Thanks for the reply by the way!

SpeedBoost

Smash Journeyman
Just a recommendation, I would remove the custom voice to characters like diddy kong and luigi. Honestly their default voices are better.

Last edited:

Krigeris

Smash Rookie
My FPS drops on dolphin when I get to the character select screen SOMETIMES, anyone know the fix?

Krigeris

Smash Rookie
Yeah well when it runs at 100% half the time and 30% half the time, I know its not my pc. Anyone have any ideas?

CaptainUnicornPants

Smash Rookie
When in stage select, if i click on y (which x'es all of the non legal stages) dream land gets x'ed out. Is this legacy doing this or does dream land naturally get x'ed out? Also sometimes when I click on a stage it plays music that is meant for a different stage. Any fix?

alex9918

Smash Cadet
Sure, I have a forum on KC-MM that are CSPs: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=76058.msg1354426#msg1354426
I've posted a few renders on my Deviantart: http://sylveongives.deviantart.com/
But if you really wanted to see all of the renders I've made I can make them into a folder in Dropbox
There's a few things you can do to make your renders better. (I'll be using this as a base for my critique) So, You need to make the colors stand out more. It's something i've been struggling with lately, and i figured you should try the same. Also try to make some characters eyes pop more. On sonic you have kind of a flat blue, Try using some highlights to make the colors on his spikes pop more.

alex9918

Smash Cadet
When in stage select, if i click on y (which x'es all of the non legal stages) dream land gets x'ed out. Is this legacy doing this or does dream land naturally get x'ed out? Also sometimes when I click on a stage it plays music that is meant for a different stage. Any fix?
Project M Does that, Click Z to wipe all the banned stages and Y to ban a stage. It's for tournaments.

Ness1994

Smash Rookie
Hi!
Smash Bros Legacy seems awesome, good job!
By the way, I'd like to know if I can make it work in Wii with a Brawl iso or if I must have the CD?
Because I tried to launch it this way and it doesnt really seem to work, I immediately get a black screen

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
Hi!
Smash Bros Legacy seems awesome, good job!
By the way, I'd like to know if I can make it work in Wii with a Brawl iso or if I must have the CD?
Because I tried to launch it this way and it doesnt really seem to work, I immediately get a black screen
Load up the game with ocarina codes "on"

Last edited:

CaptainUnicornPants

Smash Rookie
Project M Does that, Click Z to wipe all the banned stages and Y to ban a stage. It's for tournaments.
I thought dreamland was a starter though? Why would it be marked when pressing Y? And doesn't X ban a stage while Y bans all non-legal stages?

devnew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevNew
I thought dreamland was a starter though? Why would it be marked when pressing Y? And doesn't X ban a stage while Y bans all non-legal stages?
Go into Rules>More Rules>Random Stage Switch and turn on the stage, this is all I can think of as to why it isn't letting you pick it. Also could be the fact that it could be a custom stage (not sure because I dont play legacy but a thought.)

Kannon

Smash Rookie
Hey, i recently downloaded 3.1 and I can't access any of the alternate stages. Is there an extra file that needed to be downloaded or a file that was downloaded that needs to be dragged into one of the folders in order for the extra stages to be accessed. Other than that, the mod is fantastic and really freshened Project M for me.

Gabriel - Jthor

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2981-6298-8464
I'm having a problem with the portable netplay version. It just freezes on a white screen after the logo and website thing(i think it should ask for saves or something at this point based on normal netplay builds of Project M). Anyone knows what may be causing it?

EDIT:
Just ignore this, somehow my brawl iso got corrupted(don't know how since i used it to build the netplay iso some time ago and netplay on that works just fine). I'm gonna "burn" a new one...

Last edited:

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Hey, i recently downloaded 3.1 and I can't access any of the alternate stages. Is there an extra file that needed to be downloaded or a file that was downloaded that needs to be dragged into one of the folders in order for the extra stages to be accessed. Other than that, the mod is fantastic and really freshened Project M for me.
You need to hold specific buttons on the GC controller to access alternate stages.

Eksergian

Smash Rookie
I have the same issue than Ness1994, I get a black screen. I have Ocarina ON, no GC memory cards... Normal project M works fine but Legacy shows the black screen before start. I have tried to isolate the problem keeping the Project M 3.6 files and replacing all the files one by one in order to find the problem. The folder "Menu" seems to be the culprit, so copying all folders of Legacy except "Menu", using the Menu folder provided by Project M 3.6.

This makes Legacy work in my Wii (BTW i use backup from a USB because my Wii lens is broken). But I have another problem: Most of the extra stages doesn't work, even holding the R,L or Z button. Despite, some of them do work. In addiction, the new skins doesn't appear. I can guess that I have extra slot locked or something, but if the case I don't know how to do it.

Someone knows how to solve this issues? Thanks :)

EDIT: Nevermind, since I copied the folders one by one I forgot "Codes". I hope my first paragraph would be of use for someone.

Last edited:

Kannon

Smash Rookie
You need to hold specific buttons on the GC controller to access alternate stages.
I do but the only time any alternate stages load is because they're the PM alternates rather than the Legacy alternates. I've tried all the necessary buttons to load the stages, but they either load the default stage or the PM alternate.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
I do but the only time any alternate stages load is because they're the PM alternates rather than the Legacy alternates. I've tried all the necessary buttons to load the stages, but they either load the default stage or the PM alternate.
What about stages like Bell Tower? Does bell tower and it's alt load properly?

Top Bottom