• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

Should the extra music stay in the build, or become a separate, optional component ("DLC")?

• Yes, I like the songs, but it would free up space for other things.

Votes: 228 60.5%
  • Yes, I don't like the songs / amount of songs you included.

Votes: 22 5.8%
  • No, I like the songs you added the way they are.

Votes: 107 28.4%
  • No, just remove some of them, and don't make it DLC.

Votes: 20 5.3%

• Total voters

EonGenesis

Smash Cadet
Great! Well, spoiler alert, it's been just me putting this mod together until 1.2. So any feedback you have, you can post it here, send me a message, or use the website smashbroslegacy.com. But soon, I'll have a number of folks you can reach out to.
Alrighty! Thank you so much! Here are a few I'd like to share that should be in this mod.

Bowser's Keep (SMRPG Stage)

Booster (SMRPG Wario Skin)

Nintendo Japanese Redesigns (YouTube video)

Shadow Kirby Skin (YouTube video)

Shadow Dedede (YouTube video)

Masked Dedede (Skin)

Yarn Kirby (Skin)

Boo Kirby (Skin)

Kirby Smash Wii U 8th Costume (Skin)

Mario - MP2 Cowboy Outfit (Skin)

Wrecking Crew Mario (Skin)

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Every single one of you right now:

azzinothflame

Smash Rookie
Hello. I have problems with the mod. I use the hackless method.

When i put play in the pm menu (after using the stage builder), the screen put all black and nothing happens.

I dont know what can be, i am not using a gamecube memory, i formated the sd card with fat32, i moved all the 6 files too, i am using a 2gb mini sd card with adapter ( it worked with the normal 3.6 pm). And that, i dont know what is the problem. (Help please)

*Edit: I use a original copy of brawl.

Last edited:

AamtsuShin

Smash Rookie
Hello. I have problems with the mod. I use the hackless method.

When i put play in the pm menu (after using the stage builder), the screen put all black and nothing happens.

I dont know what can be, i am not using a gamecube memory, i formated the sd card with fat32, i moved all the 6 files too, i am using a 2gb mini sd card with adapter ( it worked with the normal 3.6 pm). And that, i dont know what is the problem. (Help please)
I've got the same problem.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's because you're using USB to load the game (I'm using USB Loader GX), and Legacy (or at least the Project M launcher) only works with a copy of Brawl as of now.
Would love to play this mod on something else than Dolphin, but at least PM works fine :)
PAL Wii users unite!

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Super Smash Bros. Legacy 1.3 is officially out.

Enjoy this trailer, ladies and gentlemen.

Edit: everything on the first post is updated to reflect the 1.3 update.

Last edited:

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
davidvkimball davidvkimball nice trailer, man. Can't wait to try it out. I don't know if I am the only one, but I was wondering if you could set up a torrent link also? My net speeds aren't the best. Anyway, great job!

Kulty

Smash Ace
Smash Bros legacy I feel will become the Project M version of Smash 4, since we now include Smash 4 stages...Can't wait to play the full release...

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
All you guys are hype and I'm just sitting here, Knowing that I got it before any of you

SonicFire131

Smash Rookie
NNID
SilverVen131
3DS FC
2766-9870-4374
I know that im probably not the first to post something like this, but no Lyn, Knuckles, or Isaac from the old dev build? and any hope for a SuperGirlKels alt for Sonic? or other Top Smasher alts for their mains?

Last edited:

Chaozrush21

Smash Cadet
NNID
dotmae
3DS FC
3007-8540-3431
Lyn, Knuckles, or Issac will probably never come OFFICIALLY (as soon aa this build is BrawlEX compatible you could add them to your build yourself as long as you're just going to use it as a personal build) to this build considering that could get the old PM Dev Team into trouble and other stuff might happen. I seriously have no clue who SuperGirlKels is, but if you can find a BrawlVault alt for her it might happen, but still might not.

Shiver-Star

Smash Cadet
omg I'm definitely maining that Kamina costume for Roy
Also, what's up with Yoshi's victory theme? It's just wrong.
Btw, do you mind if you could post a screenshot for every Retro character? I'd appreciate that.

Gunman1357

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gunman1357
I know that im probably not the first to post something like this, but no Lyn, Knuckles, or Isaac from the old dev build? and any hope for a SuperGirlKels alt for Sonic? or other Top Smasher alts for their mains?
Well I'm guessing Legecy isn't using the Leaks out of respect for the old PMDT, and because they wouldn't want to get the old team in trouble or involved with anything they're doing.

Last edited:

Gunman1357

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gunman1357
Smash Bros legacy I feel will become the Project M version of Smash 4, since we now include Smash 4 stages...Can't wait to play the full release...
Nah I wouldn't say that, When ProjectM4 Comes, it will come.

Last edited:

azzinothflame

Smash Rookie
I still cant play, i followed all the steps and i cant pass trought the pm menu. The screen is all black.

Last edited:

GrandeurCicero

Smash Rookie
NNID
GrandeurCicero
3DS FC
2809-7484-2520
It seems that when I try to use rainbow peach on wii, the game won't finish when trying to load a stage?

edit: rainbow peach seems to be the only one that keeps the game on "Now Loading"

Last edited:

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
I still cant play, i followed all the steps and i cant pass trought the pm menu. The screen is all black.
Just to recap, you formatted and copied all the files in the hackless version to you SD card, put it in your wii, inserted the disc, booted up brawl, went to stage builder and when you click "play" on the launcher, it just shows a black screen?

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
EVERYONE!!!!!!

DON'T FORGET TO REFORMAT YOUR SD CARD TO FAT32 BEFORE DOWNLOADING LEGACY 1.3

azzinothflame

Smash Rookie
Yes, i did all. I even tried the "Normal" pm with the same steps and it worked without problems. The only file i did not put in the sd card was the image inside.

Note: With "do all" i mean : Format fat32, extract files from the hackless zip, copy the file " project m" file ( for the dlc music) and erase some music to have the space. I moved all the 6 files , removed the memory card. Opened the stage builder, appear the black screen with numbers, green screen, then appear the pm menu, i put play... and permanent black screen.

Something curious is that in the pm menu, there is no "addons" bottom, there is an "about" bottom.

Last edited:

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
While formatting, don't quick format. That's all I can think of right now off the top of my head. You sure you aren't forgetting any details? Oh, and make sure the SD card isn't locked.

Last edited:

Abard.

Smash Rookie
Hey, so I'm probably missing something, but I don't understand what to do for step 5 for dolphin.
It says to open to .elf file of your choice. But it only says to download the sd.raw file.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

sporksparks

Smash Cadet
Hey, so I'm probably missing something, but I don't understand what to do for step 5 for dolphin.
It says to open to .elf file of your choice. But it only says to download the sd.raw file.
Download Gecko OS and use the .elf that's in the HBC folder. That should be the one you need

alex9918

Smash Cadet
When you download the entire dolphin it comes with the download.

Abard.

Smash Rookie
Download Gecko OS and use the .elf that's in the HBC folder. That should be the one you need
So I downloaded gecko os and got the boot.elf file where you said it was, but when I set the hook type to VBI and launch, it just launches Brawl. I put the sd.raw file in the right folder, so I am completely unsure of what to do. Thanks.

Chaozrush21

Smash Cadet
NNID
dotmae
3DS FC
3007-8540-3431
This is a few bugs I found so far. Keep in mind that I am currently using the 1.3, Wii, Homebrew, non HD version of SSB Legacy.

Classic Mode - Menu causes crash nearly instantly.
All-Star Mode - Menu is working, but causes a instant crash after pressing start.
Break the Target Mode - Menu is working, but causes a instant after pressing start.
Event Mode - Currently untested.
Subspace Emissary - Currently untested and probably will never be tested.

Disclaimer: I do not have the Dolphin build so some of the stages that lag might not lag on Dolphin. If you can confirmed that some of these stages do not lag on the Dolphin build please say so in the thread or PM me so I can add it to this!

Wario Land - Lags slightly with 4 players.
Bowser's Castle's Hidden Stage - Lags with 4 players.
Saffron City's R Stage - Lags with 4 players.
Arena Ferox's L Stage - Lags with 4 players.
Battlefield's R Stage: Lags a hell of a lot even with 2 players.
Onett's Hidden Stage - Incorrect Character shading.
Rumble Falls's Z Stage - Lags with 3 players.
Pyrosphere default and every alt stage besides the L alt - Lags with 4-3 players.
Miiverse's Hidden Stage - Lags with 3 players.

Bowser's Retro Model - Bowser's Nose texture is all over his mouth.
ZS Samus's Retro Model - No eyes.
Dedede's Retro Model -Textures are completely blue.
Olimar's Retro Model - Pikmin eyes and leaves are glitched.
Kirby's Retro Model - Kirby's mouth is in a constant "O" shape.
Peach's Rainbow Model - Crashes.

EVERY CHARACTER BELOW IS CONFIRMED TO HAVE NO N64 MODEL

Note: All models that has a [?] Sign next to them means that their Model is replaced, but they are just models from Melee Remastered and are not true N64 like models and will likely be replaced in the feature.

Wolf
Ice Climbers [?]
Lucario [?]
Jigglypuff [?]
Ivysaur [?]
Squirtle [?]
Pit
Meta Knight
Ike [?]
Marth [?]
Roy [?]
Olimar [?]

So to summarize everything, Solo Mode is nearly completely broken outside of Multi-man Smash, Training Mode, and so far Subspace. Charactes in Retro Mode are mostly broken and most of it is safe to assume is placehold and broken. Some alt stages lag, but half of the times it only lags slightly and requires 4 players.

I'll continue to update this if I encounter anymore bugs.

Edit 1: Added a few things to the Character section.

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
I haven't downloaded this thing, but based on the trailer I presume those rainbow skins are mine and the code to summon them is NintenNess'.

I'm also going to assume credit is given somewhere in the ReadMe for both of those things.

Further, both of those together look awful thanks to color spectrum effect of NinetenNess' code. A certain someone is working on having the code simply summon whatever is in the FitCharDark as is, which will be a substantial improvement. Just a heads up.
. . .
Now, there's no disclaimer of any sort in my rainbow pack (there is now!) because I never figured they would be used in any way that wasn't as a single skin, so this is cool...I guess.

My point here is that even though I never mentioned anything about asking for permission and the like before using my stuff, I'm still pissed that I found out about it after the fact. I'm going to be a bit of a ***** and request that they are removed until someone asks me about them. Yes, I know the Vault rules and minor disputes such as this are to be settled between authors.
(the SSE clones hardly look any different from my rainbow skins with NintenNess' code anyway)

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
This is the kind of thing that makes me not really a fan of custom builds that are just mostly compilations of stuff made by other people. When you just put whatever you find on BrawlVault that looks cool into a build without asking permission from the creator, you're inevitably going to run into scenarios like this. And in this case, it's kind of a big deal since you had promoted it in your trailer as a main feature of the build. Using other people's work in that sort of matter isn't cool and it can easily be seen as disrespectful to the people that spent a lot of their own free time working on this content.

I agree with Cynapse's notion that you should remove his skins from your build. (And probably also make a new version of the trailer that removes mention of them.) Just slapping someone's name in the readme file isn't always enough.

Quaza

Smash Cadet
Did this fix the issue of when you random a stage you sometimes get a random non-standard stage? Cuz that always pissed me off. It was removed from the "known issues" so I'm a little worried...

Xalusc

Smash Rookie
NNID
Xalusc
3DS FC
2723-9567-5878
Headband Puff and Awakening Roy? Please?

Suggestion: you could use PM 3.61 as the base instead... It's essentially PM 3.6 with bugfixes, Headband Puff and Awakening Roy

Top Bottom