• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anime Battle Arena (Animafia) - GAME OVER!!! Mafia wins the show!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ok im not the only one being made extremely anxious by the fact that a pause is necessary in the first place right?

Not just me?

:060:
Right there with you. Between the length of the pause and what Swamp said, I think White is making the endgame post.

Which, in that case, hoo boy are there some things I need to say.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
*drumroll please*
The Town has decided to lynch....
@DarkAuraful gets tortured by town. The town Cop has enjoyed this a little...too much.

Jailkeeper - Bishamonte - Town
You are a goddess of fortune, but fortune may not be on your side this time.

• Once in 2 nights you can choose a player to protect by placing them in jail, preventing them from using any actions with your whip. (can do this again at night 3 or 4, then 5 or 6 etc.)
  • If you jail a mafia member, that mafia stays in jail for the next night.
  • Attacks that normally just injure you will kill you immediately.
  • You come up as Town on alignment checks
Due to this Act... The last surviving Townie, not wearing the bulletproof vest and still sleepy after the Bishamonte, er, torture...got shot by the Mafia at the very begining of the night!
Cop - Re-L Mayer
Upon your long journeys to track down a highly wanted suspect you are sidetracked by being summoned into this TV show. Thankfully, there are your highly dangerous target especially against yourself is here since he just interrupted the broadcast, but the mafia might be a larger threat.

>You win once the mafia and a dark force is killed or lynched.

• Every night you can perform an alignment check
  • Every odd night you can also set a motion detector on a player, allowing you to see actions performed on the player until they die.
  • It is possible your alignment checks can be deceiving in more ways than one.
Not only did the cop fail to save the town, killing many of them instead, he also failed to track down his one big target.
However, this 'dark force' also failed to kill the Cop, the last remaining on his list, meaning Shinonome Labs have unleashed their TOP SECRET invention and burned the hell out of this demonic psycho!

The victim:

Necromancer - Usagi Z25 Z25

You have previously been attacked by mafia in your own town. This made you realise how much you enjoy the chaos. You love it. You crave it. At the same time you want to become friends with everybody! So much so that you found the secret location of this year's tournament and decided to enter it, even messing with the host. It just so happens that 2 of the mafia members that attacked your own town have been added to this years tourney.

You win if
> You kill the 2 players who are searching for you to kill you and;
> You help make the 2 mafia rivals you accidentally created, reversing their long friendship, go head to head until one of them kills the other.

• Every night you can choose to possess a player during the night. You then learn of their abilities and control them for the night.
  • Your possession will forget what actions they took on your behalf.
  • Your alignment is the same as the last person you possessed or currently possess.
  • You have 2 lives at night
  • If target's ability cannot be used by them your possessed version also can't and attempting will fail.
  • You don’t know your possessions alignment
  • Your powers grow weak in sunlight - You have one life during the day.
Pfffffff.

What a town...
@redfeatherraven Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei @Apollo Justice @ShinyLegendary NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy @Kirby Dragons
The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn
Even when I totally 100% for certain did not purposefully and unjustly for sure steal 1 kill from Mafia (cop) JUST to help this town out of my own selfish corrupted pity, they still managed to win!!!

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ~~~MAFIA FTW!~~~

Mafia Spy - Tsubone A Distant Demon A Distant Demon
You are a trained butler of the Zoldyck assassin's family. Using your training you are the Mafias intelligence.

• During the night phase you can disguise yourself as a Town. While you are part of Town you can spy on a user at night, revealing who they have talked with.
  • If you spy on the same user 3 times you can use your persuasive skills to recruit a town role into the Mafia, working directly under you in secret from your teamates. They will not be in the main Mafia PM. (You cannot reveal them the identity of other mafia members)
  • While you are part of Mafia your alignment check is Suspicious
  • Recruited member loses all abilities becoming a vanilla Mafia.
  • At start of the next day phase the town is notified of a traitor amongst them.
  • After recruitment you can no longer stay in disguise for the next 3 nights nor recruit again.
  • While you are disguised as town you cannot kill
Vanilla Mafia Traitor @AmericanDJ
  • You come up as suspicous!
Ex Role:

Doctor - Rintaro Okabe
You are a scientist with a lot of knowledge and many skills. You wish to help by protecting others and helping the dying.

• Can save 1 player every night and 1 every day, too.
  • This can heal a player instead of saving if not targeted to kill
  • Once during the game you can save someone from being lynched, replacing them with a player of your choice between the next 2 most voted players. All vote changes after you prevented a lynch will not count.
And the rest of the team, united in death...
@GoldenYuiitusin @Shishœ Pokechu Pokechu
Thank you everyone for playing! Sorry for the mistakes and hope y'all had a good time, for most of the game at least.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The amount of host errors (and outright host interference, going by the final update) killed the game for me faster than the Mafia did.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
lol i won????? didn't deserve it tbh this win goes purely to zeb goldy and shsih lol

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
and outright host interference, going by the final update
If it helps...

I didn't see any direct host inference.

At least...

I don't think I did.

Game was confusing at times.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
At last, you weren't killed by a host error :p
And also Apollo and Red.

Had White actually given me the correct information I wouldn't have accused Apollo, meaning red wouldn't have panicked and killed him to save me, meaning he wouldn't have died from killing a townie.

The host errors killed more people than the Mafia did.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
The amount of host errors (and outright host interference, going by the final update) killed the game for me faster than the Mafia did.
To be fair, it is White's first time hosting and at this point, when there was a guaranteed mafia victory no matter what, why drag the game on for another day?

Plus, so far every game, Swamp's and yours, has had a host error or two. No big deal. Wolfie557 Wolfie557 You might not believe it but you did really great for your first time hosting, even if there were some bumps in the road.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
And also Apollo and Red.

Had White actually given me the correct information I wouldn't have accused Apollo, meaning red wouldn't have panicked and killed him to save me, meaning he wouldn't have died from killing a townie.

Plot twist: the host was the dark force all along :troll:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well White I hope you learned a lot from this and if you host again you’ll use that knowledge to make a better game.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Said host-error saved you so that you can correct your mistakes :p
Granted, a more minor one nearly killed you in the first place. #Woops.
And also Apollo and Red.

We know. >:D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yay, we won!
I can't believe it but somehow we did it.
My first mafia victory and it's thanks to me suiciding, and this time I wasn't Sonic.

Pokechu, I may have lynched you but I didn't know I was scum, and hey, we won.
Golden, I may have tried to kill you but, hey, we both somehow still won.
Zeb, I may have tried to bus you numerous times but hey, we still won.
We're like one big dysfunctional mafia family!

If it helps...

I didn't see any direct host inference.

At least...

I don't think I did.

Game was confusing at times.
If Whit didint post "enjoyed it too much" my order would have been Z25 as I originally planned.

In fact, after the pause started I had already switched it back to Z25.

I mean. . .Opo already died on Day 4, but yeah. . .this final result is sort of awkward

Anyway.

I hope everyone enjoyed the show. After Opo voted for every mafia member in a row on day 2 and pokechu died, I cemented my position to turn this into a show and guarantee a town loss. Not a mafia win.

Ironically, the plans I used to act so aggressively ended in a mafia victory that one could argue we do or dont deserve

Regardless, I hope everyone enjoyed my performance. Day 4 was my piece de resistance and im pretty sad I got host error'd on my masterpiece. But it was fun to do.

On to the next one!
:061:

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wait...

Repeat what happened here.

Cause I don't remember.
The day I accused Apollo and Z25.

I had a very specific list of actions done to see who wouldn't follow them and who lied about their role. I tracked DJ and told Apollo to guncheck someone, then told Z25 to redirect Apollo to DJ.

When DJ's results came back it didn't show him being gun checked. I even asked White if he was gun checked, and White said he gave me all the info he could.

...Well, as it turns out, Apollo DID guncheck and Z25 DID redirect him, but White said he forgot to tell me.

Despite me even asking for clarification.
Despite me almost getting lynched because of it.
Despite red panicking and killing Apollo and then himself.

All because of a host error White didn't tell me about until AFTER that day phase...

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

I had a very specific list of actions done to see who wouldn't follow them and who lied about their role. I tracked DJ and told Apollo to guncheck someone, then told Z25 to redirect Apollo to DJ.

When DJ's results came back it didn't show him being gun checked. I even asked White if he was gun checked, and White said he gave me all the info he could.

...Well, as it turns out, Apollo DID guncheck and Z25 DID redirect him, but White said he forgot to tell me.

All because of a host error White didn't tell me about until AFTER that day phase...
Wanna add one more to the list?

I was in jail when I died. Dark actually did his job right all along. White goofed. :p

Last edited:

If it makes you feel any better, while you were pissed about that I was pissed about Apollo getting killed at all

And then I learned Apollo getting killed was a host error too lol. this was certainly an interesting game

D

Deleted member

If it makes you feel any better, while you were pissed about that I was pissed about Apollo getting killed at all

And then I learned Apollo getting killed was a host error too lol. this was certainly an interesting game
Host errors did mess up the town a lot though, never recognized that Apollo's death was a host error. People should give WhiteEaglePL slack, it was his first time hosting a mafia game. I am a little scared how mine is going to go as well, I can imagine people are going to be like "WHERE IS SHINY" or "SHINY MESSED UP UGGH THAT FOURTEEN YEAR OLD". That is why I will need a co-host. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

I did not read 80% of the day in main thread as I had 2 long shifts that day, plus sleep. So that's why the first error was clarifed b4 I went to bed but then the final mistake wasn't spotted and clarified for such a long time. I did that b4 i even counted all the votes, at least. >.< Sorry is all i can say.

Anyways. everything is in the graveyard.
(seriously, I cannot wait to read the graveyard for Day 4. I want to see the results of my labor)
what was day 4 again?

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Host errors did mess up the town a lot though, never recognized that Apollo's death was a host error. People should give WhiteEaglePL slack, it was his first time hosting a mafia game. I am a little scared how mine is going to go as well, I can imagine people are going to be like "WHERE IS SHINY" or "SHINY MESSED UP UGGH THAT FOURTEEN YEAR OLD". That is why I will need a co-host. :laugh:
You'd be too lazy liking every post to make some flavor text :troll:

THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T LET ME GET PAST NIGHT 2 :troll:

ok. enough gloating on a win I didnt earn

Also, my favorite quotes of this game. I loved these too much to not share outside the PM

Full disclosure, I debated poking you night one to unleash the salt.

But I decided otherwise and I'm pretty glad I did.
Should've poked you day one like I initially thought to. I would've done it for the pure salty chaos of it, but I would've hit a jackpot. I look forward to seeing your role in the graveyard.
Love when anime calls back to old episodes

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
At least Team Operation Red will be able to put their detective caps on again next game. :laugh:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If Whit didint post "enjoyed it too much" my order would have been Z25 as I originally planned.

In fact, after the pause started I had already switched it back to Z25.

I mean. . .Opo already died on Day 4, but yeah. . .this final result is sort of awkward

Anyway.

I hope everyone enjoyed the show. After Opo voted for every mafia member in a row on day 2 and pokechu died, I cemented my position to turn this into a show and guarantee a town loss. Not a mafia win.

Ironically, the plans I used to act so aggressively ended in a mafia victory that one could argue we do or dont deserve

Regardless, I hope everyone enjoyed my performance. Day 4 was my piece de resistance and im pretty sad I got host error'd on my masterpiece. But it was fun to do.

On to the next one!
You would have been ******* dead tonight, when I got down. Opossum was suggesting I check DJ but I was going to go after you.

I had enough of your lies, it was so obvious but other things got in the way and I needed to be on the cop's good side.

I thought I may have had to kill Opossum to Win, but I thought that be too damn obvious. Which sucks because that day we saved him could have been the day I won....

I'm confused though, My section and the Mafia one isn't loading.

How did the game end? Opossum died? So? I was alive, dark was and DJ, shouldn't we be able to win?

That post was ****ing amazing, not gonna lie.
Lol. I thought up that plan in like Night 2. I spent the next few days IRL hoping I would get the chance to use this stupid post. I even had the gifs ready. I THOUGHT I was going to need it when Opo called me out. The joke of using Phoenix was that he was an innocent man being accused (making Opo the accuser) but that wound up not happening. But the gifs were too perfect and I kept it. A few other details just happened to leak into a few-day-old plan. lol

How did the game end? Opossum died? So? I was alive, dark was and DJ, shouldn't we be able to win?
DJ was the traitor. I recruited them :p
And Dark got lynched

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Lol. I thought up that plan in like Night 2. I spent the next few days IRL hoping I would get the chance to use this stupid post. I even had the gifs ready. I THOUGHT I was going to need it when Opo called me out. The joke of using Phoenix was that he was an innocent man being accused (making Opo the accuser) but that wound up not happening. But the gifs were too perfect and I kept it. A few other details just happened to leak into a few-day-old plan. lol

DJ was the traitor. I recruited them :p
And Dark got lynched

You could recruit every night?

That's cheap af imo.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Holy ****.

So this is what happens when you don't die? :p

Top Bottom