• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Angled Firefox?

RPK

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if I saw it correctly, but today, I was messing around with the lagless firefox, and did it in the air 45 degrees into the ground. After hitting the ground, I didnt do the bounce animation, I immedaitely went up and 45 continuing the firefox till it reached its full length. I have no idea how I did it, or if I just saw something incorrectly

Last edited:

BradLeeTee

Smash Cadet
Yeah it's actually happened to me once except I was going straight down at a 90 degree angle then started going along the stage when I hit the ground. Do u remember if u hit ur opponent with the Firefox when that happened, becuz that's the only time it's worked for me and someone else. I swear it's just a glitch but if not It'd a awesome AT to learn if it wasn't so dam hard to pull off.

Rikke

Smash Rookie
NNID
SageDragoon
3DS FC
0473-8198-9847
not a glitch, and you hit the ground at an angle that semi parallel, hard to explain, but the angle is between horizontal and diagonal.

Eripor

Smash Rookie
NNID
Eripor
something around 105 degrees

Last edited:

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
I'm wondering what exactly are the properties of lag attached to Fire Fox and which angles the RCO lag is activated. Every time I do Fire Fox right going the ground, Fox ends the move falling on his back and can act out almost instantly, even though it's not exactly RCO lag.'

Thread on RCO lag:
http://smashboards.com/threads/fox-firefox-auto-cancel.399983/

Eripor

Smash Rookie
NNID
Eripor
Since we're on Firefox, any possibility as an edgeguard move vs rosa or pit's recoveries?

I'm wondering what exactly are the properties of lag attached to Fire Fox and which angles the RCO lag is activated. Every time I do Fire Fox right going the ground, Fox ends the move falling on his back and can act out almost instantly, even though it's not exactly RCO lag.'

Thread on RCO lag:
http://smashboards.com/threads/fox-firefox-auto-cancel.399983/
Generally (from what I've seen), the landing lag from specials that put you into special fall when used in the air can be evaded if you land a little before you begin special fall.

For example, if Sheik Vanishes in the air towards the ground, then three things can happen

-If she reappears on the ground, she will suffer the move's grounded ending lag
-If she reappears in the air, but too high up, she will enter special fall and suffer landing lag upon landing
-If she reappears at the right distance above the ground, then she will land before she enters special fall, meaning she will just get the landing lag from an empty short hop

The same thing can happen with Meta Knight's Mach Tornado.

Top Bottom