• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Angled Down SideB miss input club

bayonettavote

Smash Rookie
Anybody else here miss input the angled down side B once in a while (in my case once in every match) ?
I keep making down B instead.

Any tips on how to land it perfectly?

bayonettavote

Smash Rookie
If I had to take a guess, you're probably doing the input too fast.
I would say so. But at the same time, I don't want to do it too slow. So I guess it's about finding the right and balanced timing.

I also take my thumb away from the analog stick and then press B.

I heard there is a faster way to do two side Bs in a row.

I actually saw people miss input the side B in tournaments.
Here at 1:24 https://youtu.be/5tceMyKCYgk?t=1m25s

Last edited:

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
Coming from mastering Ryu's inputs for fun, trying to learn ABK consistently is more annoying to me for some reason.

EvilPinkamina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EvilPinkamina
If you're getting down b, you probably input the b input too early. I'd suggest teaching yourself the input by going into training mode and doing the hadouken input but holding side b noticeably before you hit b. Don't worry about speed at first, worry about accuracy.

mycrookedhairline

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4957-5395-2982
I just spam hadouken with ryu sometimes in training for the muscle memory. The rare times I mess up,it's in crucial moments ;_;

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Switch to b stick like I did!!

Not like Bayonnetta has quick smash attacks anyway to justify her c stick

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I dont find her CStick for Smash or Tilts being rather good (despite her goodlovely DTilt and FTilt anti air), Special C Stick benefits her more due you can do dABK much faster with it.

when playing online with some lag, I tend to input it wrong despite me having Special C stick ;-;

Kathuzada

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kathuzada
When I was learning how to do dABK, I would watch my thumb move to force myself to have the correct timing until I had it down to muscle memory.

I am curious about how you do this with the C Stick set to specials, I feel with her specials this could be a potential change to my controller layout.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
B stick makes it the easiest input in the whole world. You just hold down on the analog stick, and then side b your c stick in whatever direction you wanna go.

You'll never mess it up, and you'll start using it more guaranteed.

Last edited:

bayonettavote

Smash Rookie
B stick makes it the easiest input in the whole world. You just hold down on the analog stick, and then side b your c stick in whatever direction you wanna go.

You'll never mess it up, and you'll start using it more guaranteed.
That sounds like a good idea.

I will definitely try that out, thanks!

Talking about miss inputs.
In order to do the double UP B, do you guys prefer to set the jump button on Z with the gamecube?

I feel like doing in on the pro controller is much easier since you can just do a quick slide from Jump to B with your thumb.

But with Z, it needs precise and well timed muscle memory since you need to put your thumb down a button two times very quick.

Back to topic,
it's strange but I also don't have a problem with Ryu's Hadouken input.
Maybe it's because Hadouken does not require timing in Smash4 while dABK needs to be very precise. Hadouken just comes out of nowhere and it's fast.
But if you are not fast enough with the input on dABK the player can easily shield it.

And dABK is input in most cases right after a jump, which is technically a much harder input.
So it's Jump + immediate dABK, I think that's what makes it hard. And you don't want to spend time thinking, it has to be done fast otherwise the player will know you want to go for it after the jump.

Bayonetta is so precise!!!!
If we can master the muscle memory she will be very fun. It's easy to do all the cool tricks in training mode but once I'm in a real tournament, the pressure makes me do lots of mistakes, and I see it very often on other Bayonetta players too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom