• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Angel Ring: Good or Bad?

Nitrix

Smash Ace
To me, Angel Ring is a strong move but I never hear anyone talk about it. I assume people think it is a bad move, but making reads with it is pretty awesome. The small distance covered is very nice, and sometimes it helps prevent punishment even if it wiffs.

Dashing in the opposite direction and then ARing is really suprising. Cancelling a dive into an Angel Ring in the opposite direction is great too. SHARTing is pretty sweet too.

dskank

Smash Journeyman
anyone else notice that when u use angle ring on a slant enemies have a hard time di-ing out of it and they take more damage? its really useful to abuse of frigate

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
It is a very good move. I guess no one has talked about it because everyone knew it was a good move XD. But yes, it has all of the benefits people have mentioned: Good Edge Guard tool, hard to DI out of if used on slope, good Mind Games, etc. etc.

It's also a good alternative to wrack up damage on people. Especially if you space it just right against a wall, trapping your opponent. Not to mention it also acts as a reflector. The only downfall is the cool-down lag, which can leave you open if you let it go at the wrong time.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
The main problem is its actual range compared to your hurt box.
Its great following after a nair a low percents, edge guarding/ jump gimps, or baited retreats.

Its good for changing long lasting projectiles such as robs top, toons projectiles, and snakes grenades. (thats if he doesn't cancel its momentum)

A new AT: AR has a slow slide. You can change the slide animation and shorten its distance. ( sometimes farther)

Same way you do pivot arrows, its harder but you can do it with angel ring. It changes angel ring animation and makes it a instant slide. Baited opponents never see this coming to sdi immediately.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I know how to pivot AR, arrow, and shield! One can perform it the exact way as pivot arrows except w/ the respective move like side-b, then pivot the direction.

AR...hmm, idk; it's good in some situations like punishing low shields, dash shields(char-specific), approaches, and follow-ups, and ledge-guarding. It's risky sometimes, and opps can SDI behind to punish. Idk where to place the move.

Top Bottom