• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

angel ring clanks with nado

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
thats not completely true. Go have you and a buddy Fsmash at each other (different guys) so that they clank and keep doing this, at some point one persons attack will come out before the other does. This is because when two attacks cancel each other 1 person has a slight amount of lag put on their head. Right now I forget who gets the lag put on them, but its either the player with the stronger smash or the weaker one, and thats how you tell every time.

SkyRay

Smash Cadet
thats not completely true. Go have you and a buddy Fsmash at each other (different guys) so that they clank and keep doing this, at some point one persons attack will come out before the other does. This is because when two attacks cancel each other 1 person has a slight amount of lag put on their head. Right now I forget who gets the lag put on them, but its either the player with the stronger smash or the weaker one, and thats how you tell every time.
Contributing factor can also be whoever manages to attack first, haha. Which would usually be you if an unsuspecting metaknight doesn't know his attack is about to be canceled.

SSD

Smash Journeyman
Does it clash with a fully-developed tornado?

If only angel ring was a bit faster...

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Hmmm, there are two phases in AR that we have to look at. The first phase, when it first comes out, deals a wall of hitboxes. Unfortunately, none of these hitboxes can clang with any attack. If this were to happen, AR would be broken and beginners everywhere would be owning professionals in tournaments. The second half of AR, when it ends, widens the ring to a horizontal oval that can't damage or cause knockback, instead of the vertical oval shape it has when in the first phase that does cause harm, and creates a wind push effect throughout that horizontal oval's range. This wind push effect has an interesting property because it cancels some attacks to help you from getting punished by attacks when you are ending the move. However, you have to wait for the angel ring to stop spinning and start the ending command to phase 2 of it and that time period you have to wait from the last time you pressed B during the move to when the wind push effect comes out is notably slow, making this very unlikely for you to time it to clang with the tornado. There is also the question on how you would be able to clang an oncomming tornado when angel ring is pushing you forward into it because it takes even longer to get out the whole move and end it even with one initial command with B for the wind push effect.

The tornado also has to phases, the starting one, and the middle to end one. If only the starting one can be canceled, since the middle and end one has much more priority, how will you have angel ring out to cancel the first phase of tornado with the wind push since he is going to hit you first before you can end AR if you start AR when he starts tornado.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
well it seemed to be as i was finishing the charging phase of the angel ring and it clanked
it was grounded and i know a grounded tornado has lower priority but its something to pull out once in a while if it permits and the situation is right

Irsic

Smash Ace
Corrupt, that's how it only works when you start talking about frame date. Yes, one will come out faster because one of the moves, is in fact, faster. Go find two people with the same jab frame start up. Stand them face to face and repeatedly jab at each other. Their jabs will clank, and then cancel. If you do the timing right, they will jab cancel each other out, jab cancel each other out, jab..cancel each other out.

Works with Peach and Lucas.

Clanking does reset lag, when an attack clanks, you automatically revert to standing position, no lag.

madival

Smash Cadet
Even then this seems like the kind of thing that will happen, but not because anyone actually wants to do it. It seems to risky to try and clank with angel rings rather then try and knock him out of the nado. Something else entirely would be a better chance of stoping the attack rather then clanking with this because of initial time needed to get the rings going.If I have time to ring, I have time for something else. To close, he hits you before the rings start. To far, and he can just nado over you and your sitting there with your rings going the wrong way possibly.

madival

Smash Cadet
I keep running into things like this, alot of which seems to be here on the pit board. I can ,but why would I want to? pivot throw would work better in this situation. If I can angel ring, then pivot throw would be a better option I believe.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
AR only clanks when the tornado has little priority. If the MK presses B twice instead of just once, AR loses. It's possible that AR can clank with tornado, but there's no way this possibility could ever be taken advantage of.

Pivot grab isn't always the answer either. If MK starts while you're in the air, doing another move, or don't have the space to perform a pivot grab, then the pivot grab wont work.

S.D

Smash Master
Is there an undisputed BEST way to counter tornado with Pit?

I generally just mirror shield it or try to pivot grab it but does anyone know what is the most efficient way to beat it?

TsNmi

Smash Cadet
Doesn't sheild make MK bounce off of it? there's not really much punshing if that's the case.

Top Bottom