• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

and Wii U KLPI Christmas Tournament

Ponkapa

Smash Cadet
KLPI's Christmas Tournament 12/13/2014 at Louisiana Tech
Initial Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/dec-13-2014-klpi-christmas-wii-u-and-project-m-tournament-ruston-la.382262/

So, there isn't a prefix for Project M + Smash Wii U yet so I guess just Project M will have to do.

We had a total of:
-22 entrants for Project M
-27 entrants for Wii U

Project M Entry Fee: 2$
Smash Wii U Entry Fee: 2$

End split was 60/30/10 for 1st, 2nd, 3rd respectively.
Key: Nothing means they didn't tell me their main (Wahh :yoshi:)
:RANDOM: means they chose random throughout the tournament.
Note: I got almost no mains for this tournament :[ PLEASE TELL ME WHO YOU PLAYED AS!!!

1: Frosti ($22.80) :falcon::marth:
2: Mr. Fish ($11.40) :gw::fox::jigglypuff::roypm:
3: Fax ($3.80) :link2::ganondorf:
4: Se7en :fox:
5: Gr88 :falco:
5: BirdyBirds :marth:
7: Ponkapa :yoshi2:
7: YellowHawk
9: Woots
9: Gooz :wolf:
9: KinGly
9: TxB EMan
13: SSP Trip
13: Bestrin :ness2:
13: SSP Wero
13: Crag :luigi2::kirby2:
17: Absol :ness2:
17: Talon
17: SSP Smoke
17: Ezuka
17: Boney
17: Dialga

1: Fax ($32.40) :4littlemac::4link::4ganondorf::4ness:
2: Ponkapa ($16.20) :4yoshi:
3: KinGly ($5.40) :4ness::4yoshi:
4: SSP Wero
5: Se7en :4diddy:
5: Spots
7: TxB EMan
7: Frosti :4marth::4pikachu:
9: Ezuka
9: SSP Trip
9: Phoenix Wrong
9: Gooz
13: Woots
13: YellowHawk
13: Grip
13: VanobI
17: Talon
17: Lauren
17: Down B
17: BirdyBirds
17: The Incredible Shulk
17: Absol :4ness::4dedede::4rob:
17: SSP Smoke
17: Crag
25: Dialga
25: IB
25: Bestrin :4robinf:

Last edited:

Ponkapa

Smash Cadet
I'mma just shout out Gayle here for being awesome and running our bracket today! Woo!

Frosti

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts to all of the people I played today, to gayle for running the bracket like a boss, and to James for really pushing this tournament to make sure it would happen! And a big thanks to all my friends that believed in me and cheered me on to win! I think what I like best about our little scene is that everyone gets salty sometimes, but we have a lot of fun and in the end, we realize we're all smashers and friends! Since the tournaments won't be back until after the La tech break, I want to wish everyone happy holidays, and I look forward to getting to play all of you as soon as we get back! HYESZ!!!

KinGly

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts to Frosti and Se7en for keeping my ego in check in Project:M.
I have no Idea how I did that in 4! I had played ness two or three times before I picked him in game two, and we just went for a ride.

As far as who I played I played ness, mario, and Yoshi in 4, and Mario and ganon in PM. Thanks once again to all the TOs for running such a great tournament!

I'll try to update the Power Rankings tomorrow, and I'll post in here when they're up. I'll probably make one for 4 as well. Can't wait to play y'all again after break. Im'a be in the lab. For anyone who still hasn't seen it after all the times I've posted about it, here's the current Power Rankings http://smashboards.com/threads/la-tech-power-rankings-11-8-14.377000/

edit:
Oh, and In four Collin (Crag) played ROB, Luigi, and someone else. I'll ask him in the morning.

Last edited:

KinGly

Smash Journeyman
rather than sleeping and changing it in the morning, I decided I'd just get the Rankings out of the way. It's all up to date now. :)

BirdyBirds

Smash Cadet
shoutouts:
PM Tourney:
@Boney was fun, i really hope you practice and show up again sometime!
@Woots I loved playing your shiek and olimar. i'd like to practice with you because i don't tend to play with people with your playstyle
@FAX once again a fun match with you. i'd like to play you again.
@se7en good match and

Others:
@ Ponkapa Ponkapa thank you for putting on the tournament
@Mr. Fish wonderful finals with frosti, loved watching both of you play
@ Frosti Frosti congrats on winning the tournament. i really love watching your falcon play specifically. marth ditto friendlies was pretty fun as well.
@Gayle (the girl running the brackets) thank you very much!

@everyone else: thanks for coming! (or not coming, because 'everyone else' kind of means every single person i didn't name above. so about 7.125 billion people)

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
I'm just now seeing this thread, my apologies. @ Ponkapa Ponkapa - as for mains in Project M I main Fox and in Smash 4 I main Diddy.

Good games everyone.

Edit : S/O's to Gayle for being such a nice person and doing such a great job! Hope to see you again!

Last edited:

SSP Trip

Smash Rookie
Teams would be nice, and a change-up.

I played:4sheik:, :4rob:, :4marth:, :4zelda:, and :4falcon: in Sm4sh.

PM: :4falco: :ivysaur: :zelda:

Last edited:
Top Bottom