• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

And the best partner for Lucas in doubles is...

XOSugar

Smash Cadet
Lucas. This seems broken. Fully charged Samus neutral B recovers for the same about btw.

Sorry for bad quality. Just did it in a minute.

XOSugar

Smash Cadet
I can also confirm that at point blank range with no charging, this will still recover 23% as opposed to 30 fully charged. The difference is negligible.

XOSugar

Smash Cadet
30% - it's the max.
This. But it is a lot slower since PK flash arcs upward first. On another note, each of Fox's lasers and Megamans jab pellets recover 5%. That is very easy quick healing. The second you get a chance to breathe in a team fight, boom, 15%.

Also the down-b has a hit box upon release, so you can effectively neutralize dash attacks by just letting go of down-b. It's pretty lulzy.

Last edited:

Odd_0ne

Smash Cadet
NNID
MusicHero64
3DS FC
4124-5828-2172
In my exp, the timing to punish a dash attack with magnet is really time strict for me at least.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I still think Fox and Mega man are the best for pure utility. 5% for a laser is just ludicrous.
Thunderbolts heal like 14% and Pikachu is just all around really good. I kinda prefer Pika, especially with the combos we can pull off.

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this breaks the cap because Pikachu's thunder has multiple hits, right?
Yea, i thought you couldn't absorb thunder? Don't bash me, i don't know nothin.

BlakDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlakDragon
3DS FC
2938-7104-7763
What do you guys think of Lucario as Lucas's teammate? Lucas could perform the role of stock tank while Lucario plays aggressively & heals Lucas with uncharged aura spheres, both of which become more effective as his aura grows stronger.

Taiheita and Gomamugitya (Lucas and Lucario players respectively) were one of the best Japanese teams in Brawl, and defeated even double MK teams at the time. Although neither of those fighters play quite like their Smash 4 iterations, I still like to think those two can be a pretty scary team, at least in theory.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I like to think Lucas and Villager play as well together as Ness and Villager.

I wonder how much a pocketed PK thunder or fire heals...

ephOE

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zamiel1i
3DS FC
4356-0508-8373
Aside from healing, Ness is actually a decent partner for Lucas in doubles. They cover each other fairly well.

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
What do you guys think of Lucario as Lucas's teammate? Lucas could perform the role of stock tank while Lucario plays aggressively & heals Lucas with uncharged aura spheres, both of which become more effective as his aura grows stronger.

Taiheita and Gomamugitya (Lucas and Lucario players respectively) were one of the best Japanese teams in Brawl, and defeated even double MK teams at the time. Although neither of those fighters play quite like their Smash 4 iterations, I still like to think those two can be a pretty scary team, at least in theory.
No replies to this comment, my god. Taiheita and Gomamugitya are still godlike with Lucas/Lucario in Smash 4, even though Lucas has been nerfed in a lot of ways.

Top Bottom