• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**** and Pillage Extravaganza!! R.a.P.E.!! (The Game of Territorial Domination)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
This is a crazy *** game I made up one night. I came up with some rules, and had my friends look over em and tweak them to (hopefully) make sense.

In a nutshell, this is half solo crew battle, half Risk (actually this could be done in a crew battle)

If you like this, feel free to leave some feedback.
If you think this sucks, or dont understand wtf is going on; please leave some feedback, BUT TELL ME WHY

I'm not lookin to have a revolution in MM's or anything, this is just my boredom and imagination at work. D:

Object
The object of R.a.P.E. is to defeat your opponent (duh). There are two ways to obtain win. You may either
- Kill his captain

or

- Control his house

Good! Now that you have a mission, let the R.a.P.E. begin!!!

Definitions (to help clarify rules easier)

1. Player: the physical person who is commanding the R.a.P.E.!! (i.e. Azen, DaShizWiz, Wobbles, Ken, Wife, etc.)
2. Character: a participant in the game (i.e. Pikachu, Ice Climbers, Roy, Yoshi)
3. Fence: The stage in the middle. This stage is always pokemon stadium (unless agreed upon by both players)
4. Yard: One of two stages between the fence and the house. This stage must be one of the 5 "Neutral" random stages (Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, Kirby 64, and Yoshi's Story)
5. House: the stages on both ends of the map. Captain's starting space. Is either a non-banned slob stage, or the remaining yard stage
6. Battle: the match on a stage.
7. Battle stock: the ammount of stock a player chooses his character to use in a battle. Player may choose no more than 4, but no less than 2. This does not replenish after a match. Lost battle stock is subtracted from a character's total stock
8. Total stock: the total stock a character has. If this number becomes 0, the character is "killed"
9. Attack: to move to an enemy's territory and attempt to take it.
10. Defend: to prevent an enemy from taking one's territory
11. Retreat: to run away before a match is started. Retreating character loses 3 battle stock, or all remaining stock.
12. Defeated: a character who has lost all 4 battle stock in a match. This character must retreat one area (from Fence to yard, yard to house)
13. Killed: a character who is killed has lost all of their total stock. That character has been R.a.P.E!!ed, and is not allowed to be used for the remainder of the game.

Set-Up

** The Map **

____y_____ y
h______f_______h
____y______y

F = Fence (Pokemon Stadium)
Y = Yard (neutral, random stage)
H = House ("slob" stages [non neutral, nonbanned])

- Pick 5 Characters, Select 1 to be your "Captain"
*No player can select the same character twice
*Both players may select the same character
(i.e. Player 1 cannot choose Marth twice. However, Player one and two can both choose marth)
- Decide Whether to play with total 11 total stock or 13 total stock. Captain will ALWAYS have 5 total regardless.
- Flip a coin to decide who picks stages to place first, alternating picks until the 3 areas are full
- The fence is always Pokemon stadium, due to the change in stages (unless agreed upon)
- Yard stages must be one of the 5 remaining "Neurtal", non-banned stages.
- The House Stage may be either a non banned, slob stage; or the last yard stage
* no stage may appear twice on the map *
- Place 2 Characters in your House (one must be the captain), 1 character on both sides of your yard, and the 5th man at the fence.
- First match must always be on Pokemon Stadium (the middle stage, a.k.a. the fence)
- Loser is bumped back to a free yard stage, winner stays

Rules
- You must start with 2 characters in the House, 1 on each side of the yard, and 1 fighting for the fence.
- There cannot be more than 3 characters on one side yard stage at a time (No more than 3 characters on a Yard stage)
- If a captain is in the party (on the battle STAGE), he MUST participate

** The first match is always on Pokemon Stadium, using the 1 and 2 slots (or 3 and 4).

- A character is "defeated" if they lose their "Battle stock", in a battle. Defeated characters must move back one area
- A character is "Killed" if their "Total stock" is 0, and may not be used for the remainder of the R.a.P.E.
- A character cannot start a battle with a higher "Battle Stock" than "Total Stock" (i.e. Peach cannot start with a "Battle Stock" if 4 if her "Total Stock" is 2)

- A winning character may continue to fight in the battle, but he must continue with the same "Battle stock" he finished with. (i.e. if Falco starts with 4 and wins his match with 2, he may continue to fight, but starts the next match with 2)

Your Turn
- During your turn, you have 2 options.
A. You can move 1 character to one of your territories. You then forfiet your attack phase. (this would be a defensive move)
B. You may attack an enemy territory.
-You can attack with up to 3 characters, as long as you have a character to stay on your stage (meaning you need 4 characters to attack with 3)

-If your attack is successful, you may freemove 1 noncombat character. That character cannot move into a territory you have just gained.
**note** there is no 2 point attack (attacking from both sides of a yard)

Opponent Turn
- During your defense, you have two options
A. You can defend (fight)
- when defending, you must use up to, but not exceeding, 3 characters. If a captain is in on the stage, he/she MUST participate in battle.
B. You may retreat, at the penalty of losing 3 total stock (or your remaining total stock), and moving back one space
* note, if a character does not have 3 stock to retreat, that character is dead.

Moving
- All moving in the game can only be done by 1 character per turn, and can only be 1 space per turn.
- Defeated characters must move back an area (From Fence to Yard, Yard to House)
- Captains cannot leave the house until they are attacked in their house
- Captains cannot cross the fence. They may go to the fence, though.
- You cannot chain move characters, nor can you skip spaces.

Territories
- To attack an enemy territory, you must be able to move to it (It must be next to your spot)
* If you attack with one person and that person is the only one on HIS/HER territory, you may tack the enemy's territory (if you win)
* If you attack, but you have two or more characters on YOUR territory, one must stay behind. (i.e. if you have 2 characters on a territory, only one can 1 attack the enemy, the other must stay behind)
* Characters defeated in battle cannont take an enemy territory (i.e. if you win with Doc and lose with Falco, Only doc can move up since Falco lost)
- To take the territory, you must defeat all characters on that stage. If the defender has a character on that stage that didnt participate in battle, the attack cannot take the stage. (I.e. if the defender uses 3 characters, but has 4 on the stage, the attacker cannot take the stage)
- To defend a territory, a character must be on it, or in an area next to it (if territory is open). If the territory is open, the defender may only use 2 battle stock.

Battling
1. Attack first chooses his character and his character's battle stock first. Attack does not get to choose his controller port yet.
2. Defender chooses his character and his character's battle stock SECOND. **Defender chooses his controller port first**
3. If a captain is in a party (on the battle stage), the captain must participate in the battle.
4. You may use a maximum of 4 "battle stock" per match, but use atleast 2 when availible

**Battle Begins**

1. Before contact is made, SD as needed to set stock. Fighters must then return to their starting spot, and battle begins on verbal "Go".
** Before the match begins, you may use movement commands. (running, jumping, wavedash, dashdance, etc).
** You are NOT allowed to attack before go, NOR ARE YOU ALLOWED TO DO "preset" ANY SITUATION (i.e. a Peach is not allowed to pull before "Go", nor is a Samus allowed to charge before "Go")
** because you are allowed to move, you do not have to be frozen in your spot, but you must remain in your area (i.e. if you start pokemon stadium with slots 1 and 2, one player may not run under the other before "GO" is said)

2. After the battle,
-the winner MAY . . .
a. Use the same character again, retaining the "battle stock" from the previous match
b. Switch to a new character, using their remaining "battle stock"
- if the winner chooses to switch characters, he may not reuse the "old" character again in the battle

-the loser HAS TO. . .
a. move a defeated character back one area after battle (A defeated character is one who's lose all of his/her battle stock) *note: if an attacker is defeated, he esseintally "doesnt move" since you are moving into the enemy territory to attack*
b. choose a second character to fight, or have all remaining characters retreat (at the 3 stock penalty)

Extra stuff
A) Open territories
- if One player attacks an enemy territory with no characters in it, the defender may choose one character from an adjacent territory to defend it. The defender is only allowed to use 2 "Battle stock" to defend (the penalty for leaving a spot unguarded)

B) Ambush
- if player one has a territory that gets surrouned by player two's stages, then all of the characters in player one stages automatically lose 2 Total stock (I.e. if player one has a character on a player two yard stage, and player two takes Pokemon stadium, all of player ones characters in that yard lose 2 stock)

((Credits))
This match varient was created by

Dogysamich

with the assistance of

Jay
Archie4208

Inspired by the Solo Crew idea of

OneOutOfManyMore

Smash Rookie
I am going to have to try it, but really that sounds pretty fun. Good way to put an ammusing twist on friendly Smash playing for sure. Nice.

Linkster47

Smash Apprentice
Are you fighting on all the stages at once useing an AR? I'm confused. How can you have four people playing four people?

Zink

Smash Champion
It's simple, really. You play matches using 5 picked characters, one per battle. Winning moves you towards the opposing house. When you win at the opposing house you win.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
It's simple, really. You play matches using 5 picked characters, one per battle. Winning moves you towards the opposing house. When you win at the opposing house you win.
he just explained in four sentences what that guy explained in like pages.. lmao owned

Top Bottom