• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Analysis: Does Playing CPUs Make You Worst? Theory: Playing a Variety of CPU Doesnt?

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
Computers are great, until they stop beating.

I did notice though, that I can easily beat a computer YL with my Young Link, because I know it's strategy. Trying to beat a computer Roy, it really tripped me up, because I was so use to Young Link's computer strategy. :\

Kosstic

Smash Rookie
Personally I believe playing CPU's will only get you to a certain level (I think most people on these forums probably agree with this.) The problem with CPUs, even on Level 9, is that too man times I have seen them walk right into fully charged smash attacks when it is totally unnecessary. The other people I play with are of a pretty high skill level and even though they aren't the absolute best players in the world, they never fall into this trap that any level CPU will.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
If you are a beginner, playing CPU's to sharpen technical skills is better than not playing. It's also a good compliment to training mode b/c you can practice c-stick l cancels.

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
im being fussy, but again, alot of these posts are obvious.

please read every post from post #1- #29
BEFORE YOU POST ANYTHING
more more depth please

please please please
post something that addresses something beyond logic, beyond what is already obvious

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Alright, first, change all your "worst" to "worse". =) this just helps people concentrate better.

You say that playing a variety of CPU's will improve your adaptability. I don't think so. You haven't addressed my previous arguments, but I am bringing it up once more that the playstyles of CPU CHARACTERS are not different enough to teach you how to react. Nor will it help you break habits, because a habit against the AI is just that, not a habit against a certain characters. We've said habits are bad. In this game, it is just too easy to develop habits subconsciously against computers due to DI [or lack thereof] etc. Why would I subject myself to the chance of developing these negative habits?

btw airo please address my previous posts =D

Top Bottom