• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An ssb64 combo video - Apocalypse NOW!!!

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
so here it is. the result of all my toil over the past two months or so. i'm pretty proud of it, although i know some of the combos aren't that hard to pull off and what not, but the quality improves after about 2:30 or so. probably the thing i'm most proud of is that i think i used fast fall aerials in an original manner in a fair amount of the combos.

so please tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NhbrrJcFwk

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
wait...you didn't even watch it...the views are still at 0...

you hurt my feelings so much.

_kSo_

Smash Master
I like it. Most combos are at least practical in online play.
online play < console

Nice vid, m3gav01t. It's simply awesome. everything is unique, original and flashy all at that same time. It's amazing how much you've improved since we last recorded matches. I really wish I had more time to smash. But anyway great work on the video, and I loved the epic music in the back. It really set the mood for this AWESOME combo video.

oh and tigerbombz, valoem is right. Just mm him and watch what happens

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Variety in quantity and quality of playstyles and skill levels in online play > console.

No one became amazing playing in some ivory tower.

And I could always rephrase what I said, "Most combos are at least practical in normal and competative play." After all, who honestly uses those 30-second combos to kill people? Simplicity = win.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I thought it was just a little repetitive...I think at one point I swore I'd seen a combo done before in the vid :psycho:
Good vid overall though.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Well I never said it wasn't good :p I was just pointing out something I thought could be improved a wee bit.

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
no offense to m3gav01t but i don't think he'd beat tigerbombz in a mm...

sorry that's not why im actually replying to this thread:
does anyone know who icarternqd is? He frickin ***** me online and i hadn't even heard of him...

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'm pretty confident i would win, just as i'm sure he's confident he would win. the only way to tell is to actually play. i'm always down for a money match, and i'll be visiting friends in berkeley probably in july. so maybe we could do it then.

jayrico

Smash Apprentice
no offense to m3gav01t but i don't think he'd beat tigerbombz in a mm
The only one that can really assess who would win in a money match is isai because I think he has played them both on the console.

_kSo_

Smash Master
The only one that can really assess who would win in a money match is isai because I think he has played them both on the console.
I agree, but m3gav01t is one of the best players i know. If he wouldn't win, he'd certainly make him sweat. But i'm pretty confident m3gav01t has it in him. :p

tigerbombz

Smash Journeyman
no offense to m3gav01t but i don't think he'd beat tigerbombz in a mm...

sorry that's not why im actually replying to this thread:
does anyone know who icarternqd is? He frickin ***** me online and i hadn't even heard of him...
i like this guy! hes smart....oh yea..i played icarternqd yesturday..he thought he was leet n shiet so i fukign 3 stocked him with my new rasengan chidori combination n he left..GG!

wtf is up wtih everyone using my liine!!?

U STFUPPERCUT! *points to person above*

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
i beat icarterwhatever like a couple of times but not his fox...
he ***** with fox...

edit: KSO, did I play you last tournament?

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
alright, so would you folks prefer i put the best 10-15 combos in a .rar file or should i just make another, shorter video and throw it up on youtube?

thanks to the few of you that appreciated this vid. most of you seemed underwhelmed.

i'm going to record some new matches with kso and valoem soon.

_kSo_

Smash Master
to be quite honest, I love the video idea. throwing a bunch of recordings into a rar file seems so unprofessional. m3gav01t i'm in the process of making another combo video. perhaps you could be a punch bag? :) but seriously dude, you gotta see this CF on DK combo i pulled off. I improvised it, too. it was epic

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
I liked the video.I would've liked to see you play real players.My favorite was when you combo'd the kirby.

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
Dude the video is pretty righteous, but ppl are underwhelmed because they try to repeat what you did in a match and it didn't work. I guess we are all scouring youtube for combo's to learn and execute. but seriously in ze words of ze borat, ' veeeery nice!'

malva00

Smash Master
Variety in quantity and quality of playstyles and skill levels in online play > console.

No one became amazing playing in some ivory tower.

And I could always rephrase what I said, "Most combos are at least practical in normal and competative play." After all, who honestly uses those 30-second combos to kill people? Simplicity = win.
console is so much better than fake smash all ur saying is that it's easier to play with people online. console is quality online is quantity

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
I was referencing the large amount of people you can play online. Obviously the quality isn't as good as console, but then again, how could you care about the different styles you play? You beat everyone, online or console, AND you travel places to beat them. Online is for people who don't have the money, motivation and/or time to go places and smash on console.

Edit: I played icarter as well. His fox did me in but not his other characters.

malva00

Smash Master
dude icarter is eric cartman

and what u talking about i care about people's styles u don't know anything. and plus u get the better styles on the console not on fake smash where you can't even play ur own style unless ur style is nooblike so then the downgrade won't matter as much to you

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
and what u talking about i care about people's styles u don't know anything. and plus u get the better styles on the console not on fake smash where you can't even play ur own style unless ur style is nooblike so then the downgrade won't matter as much to you
This makes a LOT of sense. I regret that my city doesnt have many ssb64 players so a consol tourney or whatever is almost pointless to try to set up.

ive played both for years and years though, consol is just a different game than online. Online I wouldnt go so far to call it ''fake smash'' though I could see why it feels that way to you, Malva. It is different though and if I had to pick one thats ''better'' than the other, console by far.

On that note Im going to randomly state that I want a n64 controller adaptor like an ethiopian kid wants a big juicy steak.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
no man im totally icarter
No, I am Sparticus.

And yes, the console a lot better than online. It is way to hard to play online because of the delay. Especially if you have Vista.

On the plus side, and a complete tangent. I'm getting an iPhone.

_kSo_

Smash Master
On that note Im going to randomly state that I want a n64 controller adaptor like an ethiopian kid wants a big juicy steak.
buy one on ebay, they're like 7 bucks. freakin steak is like triple that price man. i bet an ethiopian kid could afford an n64 adapter

_kSo_

Smash Master
uh oh, get ready...

"Enter the Falcon" is expected to be released in less than a week 0.o

watch out joe there's a new cowboy in town ;)

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
where was my shoutout at the end of this vid
****! ****!! i completely forgot!!!

also, i've started work on a new vid using the top 16 combos from this vid and i'm going to add in some more good ones. there won't be any filler combos. in addition, gerry and i are going to start recording all our matches on a vcr and then take the best combos from that and put it in a vid.

Top Bottom