• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An interesting/flashy chain grab.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
OMG I did that to smaci with his Marth yesterday. >__>
It's like a B-throw to Nana then a dashed Popo f-throw.

EDIT: BTW... this can't work for bigger characters like Snake, and maybe even Lucas.. because the CG didn't work on them when I did training with smaci. xD

EDIT2: Well, it works for Snake and Lucas only if you do it correctly, and as for Lucas, you need to press Z early when Popo does a dashed f-throw.

No edit3. ;)

smaci92

Smash Lord
OMG I did that to smaci with his Marth yesterday. >__>

It's like a B-throw to Nana then a dashed Popo f-throw.

EDIT: BTW... this can't work for bigger characters like Snake, and maybe even Lucas.. because the CG didn't work on them when I did training with smaci. xD
i don't even use marth and I never saw you do this lol...maybe you did it while I wasn't looking XD

anyways, that chaingrab is amazing. :bee:

Teh Future

Smash Master
lol I like doing where you have nana grabbing the guy with popo behind her, dash to start fthrow and then pivot grab for the chain. It looks sweet but it takes nana like 5 second after you do it to reset for another throw.

Snare

Smash Lord
lol that's always a fun chaingrab, i just walk and turn around and grab, seems safer ><

lain

Smash Master
Sexy, but not applicable (as you stated lol)

maybe at high percents as a little crowd teaser. XD

KRDsonic

Smash Master
haha i actually made a video of something like this awhile ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_7p23uCIUA

i do a fthrow>fthrow>pivot regrab tho (slightly different)
I originally tried doing that to make it work but there was too much time between grabs IMO.

Oh yeah, I know it's possible to do a Fthrow > Nana pivot grab > Down throw > Popo turn around and grab. It's hard to get Nana to get the pivot grab though x.x

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
I originally tried doing that to make it work but there was too much time between grabs IMO.

Oh yeah, I know it's possible to do a Fthrow > Nana pivot grab > Down throw > Popo turn around and grab. It's hard to get Nana to get the pivot grab though x.x

There is a lot of time between the pivot regrab and the next throw. I tried starting a dthrow with Popo while Nana catches up for the regrab, but it shortens the distance gained. This makes doing the pivot useless in the first place.

At least it looks fancy :p

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
haha i actually made a video of something like this awhile ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_7p23uCIUA

i do a fthrow>fthrow>pivot regrab tho (slightly different)
You can also do that with d-throw from Nana then a pivoting d-throw from Popo and then repeat; it seems easier doing it on Lucas than other chaingrabs. :chuckle:

KRDsonic said:
Nana pivots from Popo's f-throw or Popo pivoting from Nana's f-throw?
I don't get how Nana can pivot it... 0.o If she can, she'd be doing an automatic throw since Nana will be far away from Popo. O_o Or you meant Popo pivoting and Nana f-throwing? :D

Oh wow that smiley wins! xD :chuckle:

/smiley abuse

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Nice vid ITF, never thought of Bthrow to Fair. O__o
But it did take a while for Nana to come back.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Nana pivots from Popo's f-throw or Popo pivoting from Nana's f-throw?
I don't get how Nana can pivot it... 0.o If she can, she'd be doing an automatic throw since Nana will be far away from Popo. O_o Or you meant Popo pivoting and Nana f-throwing? :D

Oh wow that smiley wins! xD :chuckle:

/smiley abuse
I mean Nana doing a pivot grab from Popo's throw. If you do it at the wrong timing then yeah, she does whatever throw she wants, but there's a certain timing where she's close enough that she's still under your control.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
KRD!

The diddy boards are going to kill me if they don't get the video they were promised!

XD

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I think they're talking about the single banana lock.

Anyways, neat cg KRDsonic, I'm going to have to try it out XD

Top Bottom