• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An infinite jump? Or just something I'm missing about SJR?

iamthelifeonmars

Smash Cadet
Okay I originally attempted to post this in the tactical forum, but somehow I ended up posting it in the marth forum (don't ask how it happened, I have NO clue), which was extremely embarassing. Anyway, someone in the marth forum informed me of this completely idiotic mistake and advised that I post it in the falco forum, so here I am. I'll just copy and paste from my previous thread.

"If you recover your second jump by buffering the ending lag of a move into a jump, why am I able to get the same result from a third jump (yeah, just a third jump after an initial DJ. i'm doing the second jump slightly lower than shorthop level) and then quickly tapping the c-stick to the right, all immediately before hitting the ground using falco? The reason I word it that way is because it's not making me forward air, it's just the second jump. I'm baffled... I can't provide a video but it's really not that difficult to do. Anybody here know what it is? It's pretty hard to believe that I found something new.

I'm definitely not mistaking it for something else, it's clear as day that it's an extra second jump, and it can be done infinitely (though i only managed to get it up to 5-6 times). Plus I have tap jump on and and I'm using the analog stick to jump when I do this, not sure if that makes a difference. I also didn't test if it was falco exclusive or even fAir exclusive, but as I said, you shouldn't have too much trouble getting it to work for yourselves."

EDIT: Found out the person who had told me I was in the marth forums was in the wrong forum. I really did post this in the tactical forum. Just apologizing for posting the same thing twice -_- I hate my luck

D

Deleted member

I'm not really sure what you mean by this technique... Could you post more clear instructions on how to do it?

iamthelifeonmars

Smash Cadet
I was just doing a fullhop ->second jump -> don't do anything during your second jump until you're very close to the ground. then tap up on the control stick and right on the c-stick in rapid succession. you will not actually hit the ground, and falco will perform his second jump a third time, fourth time, and so on. I'm sorry if my OP was a little bit unclear

EDIT: The first jump does not have to be a fullhop, and the height at which you use your second jump does NOT matter. This IS falco exclusive AND fAir exclusive. This is really confusing to me, and I'd really like someone to explain why it works. Can anyone tell me if this was already known?

Top Bottom