• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An In-depth Guide to Pit

Guide An In-depth Guide to Pit

Duelisti

Smash Rookie
Last edited:

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
In the guide, it states that Kalos is a recommended stage. Wouldn't that be a bad idea since Pit already has a tough time killing? Or are we assuming it would benefit Pit if we rely on gimps?

Duelisti

Smash Rookie
In the guide, it states that Kalos is a recommended stage. Wouldn't that be a bad idea since Pit already has a tough time killing? Or are we assuming it would benefit Pit if we rely on gimps?
The high ceiling may work in our favor since Pit has a tendency to get more horizontal kills anyway. His ability to go deep off-stage definitely played a role in the decision. Dark Pit would be even better for Kalos because his side B is more viable as a kill option and his arrows can work around the platform layout quite well. Regardless, I see your point and have decided to move it to situational stages because the other recommended ones are generally better for us.

I'm also reconsidering Smashville's (hazards on) placement but will leave it in recommended for now. I plan on expanding the stage selection section in the future with proper argumentation. Thank you for the feedback!

Duelisti

Smash Rookie
Hi, what does it mean "-X on shield" ?
It refers to frame advantage. For example, if a move is -10 on shield, the user is able to act 10 frames later than the player shielding it. If a move is +/- 0 on shield, both players are able to act on the same frame.

If a shield is hit, the defender is forced into an inactionable period for a specific amount of frames depending on the amount of damage the hit would have dealt if it wasn't shielded. This is called shieldstun and it's directly related to on-shield frame advantage.

Staleness of attacks have an impact on these values. All calculations are done with the assumption that the attacks are fresh. If an attack is stale, it's possibly less safe on shield.

For the sake of clarity, I've now removed frame advantages from the guide itself and made a separate chart on the subject.

I hope this answered your question sufficiently enough. Feel free to ask if something is unclear to you.

Phyras

Smash Rookie
Thanks,

I don't know if it count as a kill confirm, full hop sweet spot Dair into sweet spot Bair,
The Dair is at the start of the jump so it can't reach small characters.
I guess it have many spacing issues.

Duelisti

Smash Rookie
Thanks,

I don't know if it count as a kill confirm, full hop sweet spot Dair into sweet spot Bair,
The Dair is at the start of the jump so it can't reach small characters.
I guess it have many spacing issues.
Thanks for pointing that out! SH sweet spot Dair into double jump Bair actually seems to work on any character. Your suggestion feels more reliable on heavyweights, though. I've added these to the guide, much appreciated.

Top Bottom