• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An In Depth Competitive Guide For Samus - Smash 4

An In Depth Competitive Guide For Samus - Smash 4

Emerlad_Element

Smash Cadet
NNID
EmeraldElementLP
3DS FC
2767-1123-2046
Emerlad_Element submitted a new guide:

An In Depth Competitive Guide For Samus - Smash 4 - From the eyes of a bounty hunter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBEsrsRccIw

Hello one and all! The above video is an in depth guide on how to play Samus competitively in Smash 4. I wanted to do this because most guides for the character on YouTube are by people who don't main her and really only know the basics. So I thought I'd fill the void and make a guide going more in depth. I main Samus and love playing as the character but please by all means, feel free to leave any feedback; Negative or positive, it will...
Read more about this guide...

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
It's great that you're trying to fill the niche of a video guide, and every Samus main counts, there are so few of us, so feel welcome here.
I feel though watching through your whole guide, that you are maybe 6 months behind on the meta. There are a lot, a lot of things that you didn't discuss that are very important, too many to list in one post frankly.
You should start by reading Xygonn's written guide: http://smashboards.com/threads/outsmarting-mother-brain.398436/
Then read through the compendium and combo threads stickied to the top of the forum as well as watch some of the videos from recent weeks/months in the Samus gameplay videos thread.
There is a LOT to learn about this very complicated character. I would honestly spend a couple hours at least just reading and watching videos from this forum, then if you're truly dedicated try to make an updated video guide (a great idea ).

MegaRiff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaRiff
I agree with @ DungeonMaster DungeonMaster

I was expecting to learn some things, but you went over things that anybody could have gone over. It was just a general overview of her move-set. But thanks for sharing. It's definitely appreciated! It's just nice to know there is another Samus main out there.

Emerlad_Element

Smash Cadet
NNID
EmeraldElementLP
3DS FC
2767-1123-2046
It's great that you're trying to fill the niche of a video guide, and every Samus main counts, there are so few of us, so feel welcome here.
I feel though watching through your whole guide, that you are maybe 6 months behind on the meta. There are a lot, a lot of things that you didn't discuss that are very important, too many to list in one post frankly.
You should start by reading Xygonn's written guide: http://smashboards.com/threads/outsmarting-mother-brain.398436/
Then read through the compendium and combo threads stickied to the top of the forum as well as watch some of the videos from recent weeks/months in the Samus gameplay videos thread.
There is a LOT to learn about this very complicated character. I would honestly spend a couple hours at least just reading and watching videos from this forum, then if you're truly dedicated try to make an updated video guide (a great idea ).
Yeah, I just went over the things I knew in an attempt to fill the void :p Thank you so much for the resources though! I'll study up, practice them and make an update when possible; and @ MegaRiff MegaRiff Sorry you didn't learn anything. Thank you both for the feedback though! I really appreciate it!

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
A pretty good guide, probably the best video guide out there atm for beginners content wise. Editing wise I'd suggest using jump cuts to cut out long pauses, mistakes and editing percents etc. just to polish it up and keep it more concise

Emerlad_Element

Smash Cadet
NNID
EmeraldElementLP
3DS FC
2767-1123-2046
A pretty good guide, probably the best video guide out there atm for beginners content wise. Editing wise I'd suggest using jump cuts to cut out long pauses, mistakes and editing percents etc. just to polish it up and keep it more concise
I was gonna wait until I got a new editing software to do stuff like that because Windows Movie Maker is a little inefficient at times. Suppose it would be better to work with what I got. Thank you for the feedback though, I'll be sure to do that when I eventually update this video! Thank you for the feedback! :D

Fluidityt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cronot7
Good stuff. Super long though. Would do well to make an index so people can click to where they want to for review, etc.

Top Bottom