• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An Important Decision

Active Navy? Or reserves. . .

• GO ACTIVE! GERT YOUR @** OUT THERE!

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Go reserves, if they need ya they'll call ya!

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

-=Marth_n_Roy=-

Smash Ace
Well Last may i had just graduated from high-school (hell yes!) and after about 30 days of random tomfoolery i had knuckled down and started the dance to get my *** into Service.

Now i have one final decision to make. . .Go ACTIVE Navy, or Go navy RESERVES.
(either way, the branch is decided)

Sure i have a girl here in Tampa i do not want to leave. Sure i have NEVER left the state of Florida, and eagerly wait to see the world. Sure I'd like some college schooling just in case i need to switch back to civilian life.

I don't want the 'right' choice in this situation, i was the 'wise' one.

And the P-Room's sarcasm, jokes, and other weird idiosyncrasies that go along with the feed back.

Tera253

Smash Ace
isn't it "buckled down"?
anyhoot, try reserve if you don't want to get your butt out there right away.

as far as the idiocracy from the Proom, yes, it does come.
the worhtless spam thread TEra stated didn't even give her an infraction. what a world.
~Tera253~

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Even a reservist is likely to get sent "out there" at least a couple times. Well, I shouldn't say that authoritatively, I'm not as familiar with the Navy.

Anyway, the choice you make depends entirely on your career plans. Are you looking at being a career serviceman? Do you want to be an officer? You said you want some college education in case you need to return to civilian life.

If that's the case, then if I were you I would go to a 4-year college and hold off on joining until after graduating. This way, you have a degree for civilian jobs (since a HS diploma won't get you very far as far as jobs go). Additionally, you have the option of joining as an officer (Ensign)... the Navy also has programs to help fund your college education. Most colleges also have NROTC if you're interested.

-=Marth_n_Roy=-

Smash Ace
ah, but the problem is my lack of money. . .hence why the armed forces is the direction im taking for the beginning of my new life.

And NROTC, was going to be a plus for me, 4 yrs in there helps with a Commision
(and i had 3 yrs NJROTC for enlistment boost)

Gamer4Fire

PyroGamer
BRoomer
Don't join the military, that's my advice. Unless you enjoy living in a fifteen by five foot space for twelve hours of the day and sleeping in a rack that is only two by two by six feet the other twelve, the navy is not for you.

Top Bottom