• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An honest opinion- Chip's Young Link, revealed!

Chip.

you know what to do
All right, after a very long time, I have finally had a chance to reveal my Young Link. Now, I want everyone to keep in mind that these match vids came in about 3 or so months ago. I just had a chance to record some matches with my older brother Deva, who mains Link, during that time. Those matches are quite epic, and if you watch one then watch ALL of them. Rounds 1 and 2 got mixed up on You tube when they were downloaded so I switched them around on this thread. Deva used some of his other charachters whom I played against, so those of you who struggle with Falco may gets some help from watching this, same with the Ganon matches as well.

So, everyone, I hope you wholeheartedly enjoy every bit of these vids, but at the same time I want an honest opinion about my Young Link, it would be much appreciated ^_^!

Enjoy!

Chip (Young Link) vs Deva (Link) match 1: http://youtube.com/watch?v=DDLitdXg6E8
Chip (Young Link) vs Deva (Link) match 2: http://youtube.com/watch?v=TJybhKABjGM
Chip (Young Link) vs Deva (Link) match 3: http://youtube.com/watch?v=hS9tjqVapn4
Chip (Young Link) vs Deva (Link) match 4: http://youtube.com/watch?v=X0UxmNMRXT4

Chip (Young Link) vs Deva (Ganondorf) match 1: http://youtube.com/watch?v=2cpfnx1fp9k&mode

Chip (Young Link) vs Deva (Falco) match 1:http://youtube.com/watch?v=sdbIBfwUFpE&mode
Chip (Young Link) vs Deva (Falco) match 2:http://youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJ_9vr3Hs&mode=related&search=

Jash

Smash Lord
My boy Chip, where have you been man? Your a bit late, i already saw your Young Link videos but ill tell you what i think *ehem*. Chip, your Young Link is good, you seem to know how to handle your projectiles well and you seem to know how to combo with them to. Now ive seen every video so...lemme start off with The Link. You spam too much, it helps out but sometimes Link can hit you hard if hes playing aggressive and combo you while your taking out a projectile. My advice to u is to use what Link does not have.....speed. Use your agility to confuse him and mind game him with Projectiles *bombs mostly* then go and combo the hell out of him, that should not be hard to do. The Falco, you did really well actually, but why did you let him live so long? R1 at his first stock, he had about 150% and you kept spamming him, you don't wanna do that you wanna kill him dammit!! And i notice you like to edge guard him with Bombs or Boomerang.....i suggest not doing unless hes high up. If not then edge guard with a Arrow, but i suggest edge guarding him with Nair...works wonders. The Ganondorf, Chip.....what are you thinking? Don't EVER charge to Ganondorf are you crazy?! Thats like walking up a dead zone....and knowing its a dead zone. Stand back and spam, Let Ganon come to you with a slow Fair. Watch is movements carefully and wait till he Double Jumps, this is you chance to own him terribly with spamming Up airs. Edge guarding Ganon is BEYOND easy, just Dsmash all day. Young Links Dsmash is so broken that it goes UNDER ledges. This is it buddy i hope i helped you at all. Your doing excellent as a Young Link player keep it up bud.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
My honest opinion Chip is that your Y.Link is one of the best I've seen so far.I like that combo you pulled on Deva's Ganondorf between 2:38-2:54 I think.Your mindgames and tech skill are amazing.Ummm you and Deva are pretty close in skill.All I can say is keep up the good work.

Chip.

you know what to do
Thanks yo ;)

I appreciate the comments so far, everyone. Thanks for the advice Jash, just a couple things though. I've played quite a lot against Deva, hence my brother, so I probably know how to play against Links with my Young Link better than anyone. Or it least him anyway. I know how aggressive Link can play esp. around with his arials, but I know how to deal with Link fairly easy in any situation thrown at me in this matchup, in any stage too. LOL, I've got enough experience in this matchup to cover myself, but thanks for the advice anyway.

And against the Falco, I'd actually would have to say bombs are the best bet in edgeguarding if you want to use projectiles against him from a distance when he's recovering. But I agree, nair is possibly the best, though.

New Matches Coming Soon!

Chip.

you know what to do
These will help me with my falco problems as well..
These vids of mine are old, crappy, and yukky >_< Never view them again ^_^

I'm going to get a buttload of matches this coming month.

If Blunted Object from Canada comes I can get vids with his Falco too :laugh:

Red.

Smash Ace
lets get some friendlies of me vs u, chip...Deva and slyd r coming over tonight to have some matches recorded.. We could wait till dan 2 to have some friendlies recorded of me if u want or wait for a sporly.

RikyuXz.~

Smash Apprentice
These vids of mine are old, crappy, and yukky >_< Never view them again ^_^

I'm going to get a buttload of matches this coming month.

If Blunted Object from Canada comes I can get vids with his Falco too :laugh:
AW MAn, dude that would be so epic if you came here to vs eric/ if eric went there to vs you. I mean seriously that would make my enitre life pure win. (Especially since he is going to pwn me in a few hours. :laugh:)

Gaplka

Smash Cadet
Well, those videos are pretty good. You play better than me, but there's a few things that bother me. Like in the Y.Link-A.Link Short-Hop to an uncharged arrow could have saved ***. Also, there's way to many bombs flying around, (Stale Moves -2000). Nair would have helped a few times, and when I fight big Link I try not to let him on the ground.

Ganondorf Video:
At about 1:05 right as he uses his up B you could have rolled onto the ledge Which makes you immune to attacks and makes him not be able to grab on.
At about 2:18 was an awesome combo to finish him off
And the rest of the video was okay. Short hop arrow again would save ***.

I don'thave time to watch all of them, but those videos are kick ***, they could be a little better though.

Chip.

you know what to do
I don'thave time to watch all of them, but those videos are kick ***, they could be a little better though.
Actually they're horrible videos that don't demonstrate very accurate footage of my young Link. :/

I'll get new vids soon for everyone to watch though ^_^

thx for the compliments anyway :laugh:

Top Bottom