• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An Annoying Situation

DethToll

Smash Cadet
As a DK noob I find it troublesome getting back from the edge while the enemy is trying to push you off, particularly when they're killing my Spinning Kongs with the spikes (**** Falcos...) and since I suffer from the Fair Bad Habit, it just gets worse for me once I grab the edge.
Any advice I can get for some edge game with the big ape?

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
That all depends on where the other player is. If he's real close, i say go for the u air, to up b. The up b usually catches them off guard since they don't expect anything after the u air. If they're a little bit farther away, ledge hop up b. Just keep going forward. you'd be surprised at how well this works. If they're farther away, just ledge hop up and i'd say either roll, or put your shield up, cuz that falco is gonna try to get there quick

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
Make sure you practice sweet-spotting the ledge, try to see how far you can get DK to swing by the ledge and still manage to grab it, also memorize how low you can possibly be to upB so you don't Dsmashed or Daired by the Falco. It would also be good to practice ledge teching

technomancer

Smash Champion
Unless Falco jumps off the stage, you can magnet grab from far enough away to not get spiked.

Number 1 DK

Smash Apprentice
Falcon spikes are more deadly against DK than Falco spikes since Falcon can jump about 20 feet out horizontally, d- air, and then still recover, unlike falco who cannot recover from such a stunt.

There really isnt much to do against Falcon spikes except to use your f- B to stall in midair if you see him running out to spike. Works sometimes.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Falcon spikes are more deadly against DK than Falco spikes since Falcon can jump about 20 feet out horizontally, d- air, and then still recover, unlike falco who cannot recover from such a stunt.

There really isnt much to do against Falcon spikes except to use your f- B to stall in midair if you see him running out to spike. Works sometimes.
If you can time the up b right, when falcon jumps out to d air you, you can do your up b and it will beat falcon's d air. If he jumps out after you've alreadys started your up b, then i say influence towards the stage as much as possible and try to meteor cancel it, cuz otherwise you're toast.

Top Bottom