• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amy Rose The Hedgehog for Brawl!

vesperview

Smash Hero
Amy

Since Amy, the most important female character of the Sonic series didn't have a thread, I thought I would do one, I think she would be a very unique character and much more of a surprise than Tails or Knuckles, plus, I know you've heard this a lot, but female presence lacks in Brawl.

She made her debut in the 1993 Sonic the Hedgehog game for the Sega Mega CD, this is her early appearance:

Now she has grown into a full lady, she can perform devastating attacks with her Piko Piko Hammer:

She could have a very unique moveset despite people saying she would be Sonic clone, plus she has amazing moves in Sonic Heroes, enough to make her a moveset, say what you think about Amy!

:034:

Smash Hero
I cringed when I saw the title of the thread. I think that says enough about how I feel about Amy.

Besides, we HAVE a hammer-swinging type: the Ice Climbers. And if everybody here is right, King DeDeDe will be too.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Flying Dutchman? Are you the same one from Zelda Universe?

And I don't think Amy is going to make it in Brawl... not when Shadow or Knuckles are more popular.

:034:

Smash Hero
Flying Dutchman? Are you the same one from Zelda Universe?
The one and only.

Actually, I think Sonic will be the only playable character from the Sonic series. He represents Service Games (I like saying it like this, shut up :p) like Mario represents Nintendo, and Snake representing Konami.

I can see a few characters becoming AT or Boss though.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
No, there are to many better candidates that have not yet been confirmed.

And we have enough pink characters in the game.

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
She isn't really that popular. She's generally seen as a nuisance in most games she apears in, and honestly, as simple as sonic characters are, she's as deep as a baby pool.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Sonic only deserves one rep, and that's Sonic.

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
Amy will only get in if Tails, Knuckles, Robotnik, and Shadow are all playable, and thats too many Sonic characters including the blue one himself.

Robotnik/Eggman is to Sonic as Bowser is to Mario. I know we're at least getting a trophy of the guy, and it wouldn't surprise me if he plays at least a non playable role in the Subspace Emissary.

Tails has seniority over all secondary Sonic characters, plus he's cool. He'd be more unique than Amy with the ability to fly and even a few of his inventions, he's a kid genius after all.

Knuckles because he's awesome. I could see Knuckles getting in over Tails just for the fact that Gliding is a new gameplay mechanic and he'd be the only non-winged character to do so (Granted, Tails's flying could work similar to gliding, but still). I could definitely see his Final Smash involving the Master Emerald.

I don't like Shadow, but he is the *shudder* second most popular Sonic character currently. However he's too similar Sonic to warrant a stand alone character, plus he's emo. But if alt. costumes (not just a black color swap) are in than he's in.

Like others have said, we already have Nana of the Ice Climbers who wears pink and uses a hammer (and ice attacks), Kirby has a hammer, and unless Sakurai is still too modest about his own creations King Dedede is in. Amy fills no niche in Brawl other than "whiny *****".

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
I don't think its that bad of an idea if you put up a moveset. Too many hammers now to me: Kirby, King Dedede, Ice Climbers

Edit: Al Calnos ahh you posted b4 me and you have my too many hammers reason. I agree completely with you though, Al Calnos: Tails would have a better chance and Shadow is very clonish.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Only after Tails, Shadow, Knuckles, Robotnik (I will NOT call him Eggman), Samba de Amigo, NiGHTS, Billy Hatcher, Ristar, Aiai, Ulala, Joe Musashi, Akira Yuki, Axel, Toejam and Earl, XX and XY, Vectorman, Ecco the Dolphin, and all the miscellaneous characters from SEGA's arcades make it in Brawl.

Talendime

Smash Ace
I just hate her because of her voice and how annoying she acts in the Dreamcast version of Sonic (Adventure).

But I'd doubt Shadow even more because he is pretty much Sonic dunked in black paint wearing red contacts..

Talendime

Smash Ace
But I'd doubt Luigi even more because he is pretty much Mario dunked in green paint with an L on his hat.

With the grace that he is

1. One of the very first Nintendo Characters ever created.

2. Mario, the biggest video game icon in the world's brother.

3. Taller and skinnier, with a deeper voice.

4. Not a third party character.

5. Lacking green skin.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master

1. One of the very first Nintendo Characters ever created.

2. Mario, the biggest video game icon in the world's brother.

3. Taller and skinnier, with a deeper voice.

4. Not a third party character.

5. Lacking green skin.

1. One of the most popular Sonic characters ever created.

2. Sonic, equally the biggest video game icon in the worlds rival

3. Different hair, Anti-Hero, Deeper voice

4. That is true. There is nothing that counters that.

5. Lacking the same qualities as Sonic.

Top Bottom