• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amount of Samus's online

-Jax

Smash Apprentice
Down B might seem like a good option coming down, but really it's just to give you the horizontal distance to get way off stage and then recover to the ledge. The ledge is Samus's home unfortunately. She has no real comfort zone.
Glad I'm not the only one incessantly staying on the ledge, I was wondering if I was just being a scaredy-cat and putting Samus to shame. It's not that I want to be there, it's just that it feels so extremely safe there. On the plus-side, I don't think a lot of characters perform as well on and around the ledge as Samus does, though I'm not sure if that's something to be so proud of.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
So far I'm the only one I've seen use her as well. She's my main against little mac/duck hunt dog players.
Honestly, she's an incredibly counter to both of those. Her grab range is perfect against little mac along with those projectiles, and she really decimates duck hunt. She seems to have a few other great matchups, too.

pinkdeaf1

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0387-9018-0614
Honestly, she's an incredibly counter to both of those. Her grab range is perfect against little mac along with those projectiles, and she really decimates duck hunt. She seems to have a few other great matchups, too.
How does samus beat duck hunt?

Oh, and I main samus, by the way. This post belongs... somehow.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Don't know much about the priority on DH's projectools, but does Samus' nair/bair get rid of them in any way, shape or form? Also, what's she going to do as soon as she gets past them? Her "safe" approaches don't really have much going for her when dealing with DH's disjoints except Zair, I guess.

SonicTHP

Smash Cadet
NNID
SonicTHP
3DS FC
4897-6845-2284
I played against one Samus in For Glory today. They were a pretty good player but I don't think they mained her as I didn't see a lot of zair, and some occasional weird move usage. I won the match, but there were some matches where he played ZSS and Sonic against me and beat me. It was pretty fun.
There's a chance that was me, as I play all of those characters and I play Samus decently but never really incorporated Zair into my game...possibly but perhaps unlikely in the larger scheme.

In general I don't see a lot of Samus players but in my first foray into Team For Glory, I was actually teamed up with a good Light Suit Samus who went by Taachan (in hiragana). I've fought a few in the 1v1s as well, but no one has used her exclusively yet.

aozf05

Smash Cadet
Down B might seem like a good option coming down, but really it's just to give you the horizontal distance to get way off stage and then recover to the ledge. The ledge is Samus's home unfortunately. She has no real comfort zone.
I feel like I haven't had that many problems coming down to the stage. I used to always go to the edge but Down B has helped me land without relying on the edge so much. One way I do it is I fall one direction, opponent tries to chase me to juggle, then as I get close to his attack range or he jumps to hit me, I use down B and move the opposite direction. So if I was falling to the left, he goes left to catch me, I use bomb and move right, but his momentum is going left and there's a bomb to his right if he tries to give chase again. And most times if he catches my feint, the bomb will usually hit him and give me time to distance myself on the ground or hit him with a charge shot and turn the tables.

But then maybe I'm just playing against unskilled players.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I found a few Samus but none of them were that good. I would like to play against a good one so I can see what a good Samus can do in Smash 4.
I played one other Samus in For Glory and that was it. After I was getting the better of the exchanges, they just gave up and stopped playing. I mean, it wasn't like I was just straight ****** them. They must've just not wanted to play a super floaty slow mirror match...
People really should stop using the word **** so casually.

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
I found a few Samus but none of them were that good. I would like to play against a good one so I can see what a good Samus can do in Smash 4.

People really should stop using the word **** so casually.
Just your casual weekend rapin' what's the big deal??

I've played against two Samus players, both of which I ***** beat very easily. A few people will try her out if we go more than a few matches, but mostly people don't seem to like her new playstyle, which I think is ridiculous because she seems very streamlined in this game. Yeah she's lost some good tools, but she's also gained several.

I do really miss missile cancelling though :/

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Just your casual weekend rapin' what's the big deal??
That's a very irresponsible use and trivialization of a word that represents nothing but violence and trauma for many women and men. We shouldn't use it in this context. I personally use "rekt" instead, lol..

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
That's a very irresponsible use and trivialization of a word that represents nothing but violence and trauma for many women and men. We shouldn't use it in this context. I personally use "rekt" instead, lol..
There was sarcastic intent in there somewhere, you should read the rest of the post!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
There was sarcastic intent in there somewhere, you should read the rest of the post!
Sarcasm doesn't really bode well against a banhammer.

Nevertheless, someone got upset, it should be dropped. No need to further derail the thread as is.

the.tok

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2767-0503-3415
Never met another Samus online yet. But a lot of ZSS, which is not a good matchup for me :-/
I have yet to understand what I can / cannot punish on her. So many time I go for munishment, just to realize that she recovers sooner than I expected >_<

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
I've been trying to play around with ZSS because everyone is saying she is top tier, but she just hasn't clicked for me yet like she did in Brawl. I'm still partial to suited Samus because she's so fun, but it gets really frustrating when I encounter a string of players playing top tier characters, because there just simply isn't a lot you can do against a really good Sonic/Yoshi etc.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I met another on teams tonight. Never played with them on my team (as Samus), nor did I ever intentionally go Samus (strictly random).

It's infuriating watching someone who plays like their thumb is glued to the B-button perpetuate the stereotype that that's how you're 'supposed' to play her.

Gives the rest of us a bad name.

Not that it matters/you can do anything about it, in the end. Still enjoy crushing people that copy your character after losing to you numerous times.

BigBowsa

Smash Rookie
NNID
BigBowsa
3DS FC
0044-3467-0578
I ran into another Samus before work today!

was it one of you guys?

Jones534

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5086-1162-9738
I rarely run into another samus online but I did run into engarde once though. No too sure if I ran into any others from here though. My online name is fe7.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I played another today (by-guy if they happen to be on here) for a good 15+ matches. We actually both used the default alt at first so it was slightly confusing (until we both switched).

Our projectile battles looked like something out of anime, with the constant clanking/simultaneously charging and firing. Usually came down to whoever got an offstage shot/N-air for the final kill.

Saved a few replays, I'll go in depth/possibly record sometime later.

Dinoman21

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dinoman21
3DS FC
2621-2745-3543
Being a Samus main, my easiest match up are always Zero Suit Samus and little mac.

Wouldn't blame people for claiming Samus is bad.

It just takes a unique different approach to be able to use her properly.

SonicTHP

Smash Cadet
NNID
SonicTHP
3DS FC
4897-6845-2284
I just fought a set of Samus dittos with a player named DontH8onMii. I hope they come around here because they were really fun fights and I'd like to FC exchange.

Los4Muros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Los4Muros
3DS FC
2852-9328-5396
You may not get to see her much, but the few times you get to see her, you better be ready. I've encountered few Samus.
But I consider that low and mid players will always try using the easy characters like Sheik, Zero Suit Samus or Greninja. So the few times you get to see a Samus, it's from somebody who really knows how she works and has a few tricks under the sleeve.

I also like to watch battles and since now you can pick what character battles you want to watch, I always pick Samus videos just to see if I can catch some tips. And you'd be amazed. All Samus users are good as far as I get to see.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I ran into a player named Nono today who used Samus a few times. And he demolished me. Had trouble doing anything against him.

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
I swear that almost every time I see Samus is whenever I decide to play Samus myself.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
I rarely run into another samus online but I did run into engarde once though. No too sure if I ran into any others from here though. My online name is fe7.
Missed this post earlier. My IGN is the same as my forum name, so yeah, that was probably me. I tend to play with friends more than on FG (I'm still learning and whatnot). If you'd like to play again, I can't promise I'll be super good or anything, but at least it'll be an interesting learning experience. :)

Last edited:

otter

Smash Ace
Glad I'm not the only one incessantly staying on the ledge, I was wondering if I was just being a scaredy-cat and putting Samus to shame. It's not that I want to be there, it's just that it feels so extremely safe there. On the plus-side, I don't think a lot of characters perform as well on and around the ledge as Samus does, though I'm not sure if that's something to be so proud of.
I am the same way. She has tons of options rising from the ledge. She's always had a good offstage game, too. Eventually players will start taking advantage of the fact that you don't get regrab invincibility though.

MAOMAO!

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2552-3131-4574
I've met a few Samus players on For Glory. The one was a spammer, one was on par with me and we had really good matches, one was very good and I had my closest match ever (all smash games) against him/her, and the last one I saw, a few days ago, was very good.

Top Bottom