• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AMondAy Week 43 - Sandfall

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
AMondAys is a weekly feature on /r/SSBPM, the Project M subreddit. It features AMAs from various members of the Project M Development Team and allows them to directly interact with the community in an awesome way. This week features Sandfall.

---​

Hey everyone, I’m Sandfall! I’m a stage designer for the PMDev Team. I designed Infinite Glacier, the new Hanenbow, and I also revamped Yoshi’s Island.

I joined the team in July 2014, after releasing a rebalanced Pokémon Stadium. SOJ contacted me and asked for permission to use it. During our chat, I showed him my version of Hanenbow, and he asked if I was interested in applying for the team.

Since then, I’ve had a hand in almost every stage related project for 3.5 and 3.6. Most of my modding time is spent in BrawlBox, so I usually collaborate with another artist for model/texture work (usually /u/TOCKesq).
I also run the official stage discussions over on Smashboards. Overall, working with this team really has been an awesome experience!

Anyway, ask me anything!

---​

Want a question answered? Be sure to go to on /r/SSBPM in this thread and ask Sandfall anything!

SmashCapps really hopes Project M fans enjoy this AMA. To ask SmashCapps any questions be sure to follow him on Twitter or use his ask.fm!

Last edited:

CelloLuCC

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: I read post and this is NOT where you ask questions.

Last edited:

SDFox

Smash Apprentice
If were talking about charecters,
How many charecters can you add
and how are you taking requests?

PsychoGhost

Smash Apprentice
I'm assuming this is where you ask questions?

Sandfall, have you or the Project M team considered making a modified version of brawl's Pokemon stadium, specifically changing the transformations instead of removing them?

What stages in the future do you plan to create alternate forms for? (like the battlefield and other modified stages)

What do you think about the idea of adding an omega form of every stage like in Sm4sh, but like battlefield instead?
I can answer your first and third question. Disclaimer, I'm not on the DevTeam, but I'm familiar with their thought process and chat with Sandfall from time to time.

1. The thing that got him noticed by the PMDT was his Pokémon Stadium (Redux) stage. It modified the canyon and burning tree transformations. You can find it on Brawl Vault. Will it be in an official build? Probably unlikely, as they want those coming from Melee to be familiar. But who knows, it may become official!

3. I highly doubt they would do that. Llamajuice (also on the DevTeam) has stated rhat he wants variance in stages and doesn't want to rehash things over and over.

Hope this answers a few questions! :D

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
If were talking about charecters,
How many charecters can you add
and how are you taking requests?
You need to ask in the AmA on reddit. But he's not involved in characters if you actually read.

But the answer as it last stood is:
Finally to close things out, attentive users may have noticed we mentioned our limit of new characters earlier in this post. That limit as it stands is 7 new characters, it is the absolute max we have the potential to add currently. We will not have 7 brand new characters in the next release of Project M, and we may not ever create 7 new characters. The option is there though, and perhaps one day, in the distant future, we might reach that.

Riddlrr

Smash Rookie
"Want a question answered? Be sure to go to on /r/SSBPM in this thread and ask Riddlrr anything!"

Please don't! I can't answer any questions. And this is Sandfall's time to shine. Young, beautiful Sandfall... like a blossom...

Last edited:
Top Bottom