• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amiibo Tournaments?

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
Do you think it would be a good idea to have tournaments where pro players pit their Amiibos against each other? Equipment is banned, of course.
Remember that Amiibos can adapt to a player's fighting style, and will continue to adapt beyond Lvl 50.

Ashenwing

Smash Rookie
That would be actually pretty cool, honestly. Each amiibo will reflect the player's skills and use of AT. It'd be interesting!

cardboardowl

Smash Apprentice
Yes, as long as we don't pretend it's an actual competitively serious thing, lol.

Nothing wrong with good fun at tournaments, but we don't want people thinking this is the way tournament play is done after all, lol.
I don't think anyone is implying it would be a serious event

But I'd love to put my amiibo against yours for a dollar bet or something.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't think anyone is implying it would be a serious event
I have to be careful about these things after Reddit has blown up on me for saying "they aren't truly competitive" (talking about Amiibos) or saying "stages like Flat Zone X and Pokémon Stadium 2 will never be tournament legal."

Glad this place seems at least safe...
But I'd love to put my amiibo against yours for a dollar bet or something.
LOL reminds me of my $1 money match (best of 3 set) against my brother in Kirby dittos in Melee. I lost because I didn't know when facing the back of the stage Kirby's back grab throw can KO him. :facepalm:

Top Bottom