• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amiibo Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So.

Who else got burned by Toys R Us cancellations this morning? I had all of Wave 3 plus Pit with them and woke up to a nice pile of cancelled pre-orders.

Any idea why TRU cancelled, and then immediately made them all available on their site again? Looks like it was to enforce a limit of 1 per customer, but they've also effectively canceled the Buy 1 Get 1 40% Off deal. Pretty obviously a strategic profiteering decision.

Now I have to go overseas for Pit because he's not available anywhere. Thanks, #ToysRntUs!
They cancelled all in store orders!?
What happened exactly, I'm a bit lost.
And unsure how to feel because I have most of the waves coming in from both in and out of country now.
Dont fail me Gamestop... but why must I relyon every store for these!?

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
No details on why this happened yet. Some suspect a technical glitch on their site, others claim to have seen them point the finger at Nintendo not providing them enough stock to fill preorders so they took the "safe" route and killed everything.

I've yet to receive an e-mail from them regarding how they plan on fixing it, but they've responded to me and a friend directly about it on their Facebook page. They have some kind of resolution in the works, so don't panic and re-order everything yet (like I did...)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
No details on why this happened yet. Some suspect a technical glitch on their site, others claim to have seen them point the finger at Nintendo not providing them enough stock to fill preorders so they took the "safe" route and killed everything.

I've yet to receive an e-mail from them regarding how they plan on fixing it, but they've responded to me and a friend directly about it on their Facebook page. They have some kind of resolution in the works, so don't panic and re-order everything yet (like I did...)
Ah, right- you had them all preordered in buy one get one 40 off.
Not in store preorders.

As I've said before, nothing is safe until they are in hand.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Amiami has all amiibo back on sale (not wave 3) except WFT

That means Villager, Marth, Pit, Mac, Diddy, Falcon---

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I didnt see that thread when I made this one. Or anything like it, and felt it strange to not have one.
In theory, they could be merged, sure- wasn't looking to make this just about getting amiibo waiting out of the way, but actual information passed from one person to the next in regard to what is happening with the amiibo between all 6 main distributors, and then other vendors, as Nintendo certainly is not in a place to keep us healthily informed.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
So I don't live in the US and I really want those exclusives. Anybody know If I could get them online for a sane price?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I have Link, Samus, Fox, Zelda, Peach, and Mario. I am going to try and find Little Mac, Pit, and Captain Falcon. I am sure they will be rare.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
i have link marth mario yoshi pikachu dk kirby fox and just purchased captain falcon at target just need to find litle mac and diddy kong and im done with this wave

Mackdack54

Smash Rookie
So I canceled most of my preorders from BB and went with GameStop. I still can't get my hands on a captain falcon or pit though. My little max is processing so I'm guessing I will get him for sure.

Hopefully after Christmas this insanity slows down and the people that actually play games can get their hands on the amiibos,

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
I managed to reserve Villager at Argos. I'm going to pick it up first thing tomorrow. So freaking happy~ Out of the First Wave, I just need Wii Fit Trainer, Mario and Donkey Kong. Yoshi, Zelda and Peach should be coming any day now.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I made up a spread sheet yesterday of all the amigos I've purchased, where, when, cost, arrived, condition, tracking number, etc.
I realized this will help me know which I have in my possession, and which I've paid for and am waiting for, and where from. At this point I've utilized Best Buy (2), Walmart (3), Gamestop (4), Target (3), Toys R Us (1), Amazon (Us, Uk), and also Amiami.
Here's my current list:

In hand::4mario::4peach::4yoshi::4dk::4pikachu::4kirby::4link::4link::4fox::4fox::4samus::4samus::4wiifit::4wiifit::4zelda::4zelda::4diddy::4diddy::4diddy::4littlemac::4littlemac::4littlemac::4luigi::4luigi::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4pit:
Shipped or preordered: :4villager::4villager::4marth::4marth::4pit::4bowser::4bowser::4tlink::4tlink::4sheik::4sheik::4dedede::4dedede::4myfriends::4myfriends::4lucario::4lucario::4lucario::4metaknight::4shulk::4shulk::4sonic::4sonic::4megaman::4megaman:

As you can see, thanks to Nintendo's handling of this, I ended up with quite a few of some simply because wave two was my 'test a few intentional shipping locations' round, as well as had a few friends on the lookout for me in other states. Of course, I grabbed in in stores first as I trusted actually owning them more than theoretical ownership.
I did intend to own two each for artistic purposes, but not four. Luckily I got in on this with some friends.

BTW: who organized the faces for Smash 4 in the smiley section? They are in almost no order, I'm surprised the alt costumes are even next two each other.

Last edited:

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
Decided to take a break on my quest for pit until after christmas. However, I know that right about then the pit pre orders that weren't picked up go public at gamestop. Let's hope several people forget to pick up pit.

Mackdack54

Smash Rookie
My preorders at BB for pit and falcon say they will release on 12/302014. I'll let you guys know if BBactually comes through with them. So far they came through on Zelda and Little Mac.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I only have five characters right now. Samus, Fox, Zelda, Little Mac and Marth. Got really lucky on the last two. Also, is there am Amiibo trading thread?

Mackdack54

Smash Rookie
I'd be very interested in a trading thread. I'm getting doubles of some amiibos and would be happy to do some trading through the forums!

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I got two Amiibo for Christmas.

Trying to decide which one I'm going to start training first. Right now I'm mostly leaning towards Donkey Kong. Any suggestions?

Mackdack54

Smash Rookie
Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Other side note: Gamestop, at least near me, are getting shipments of the adapter in Jan 10th, and are taking preorders now.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
My UK villagers arrived at noon on boxing day. Good continued celebration.

Attachments

Mackdack54

Smash Rookie
What are you planning on doing with the extras? Is it merely for collection purposes? I'm getting doubles of some, but to be honest I really don't know why I'm buying them, lol.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
What are you planning on doing with the extras? Is it merely for collection purposes? I'm getting doubles of some, but to be honest I really don't know why I'm buying them, lol.
I originally wanted one regular set, and one box set.
I am using some for a political art project.

Though, I also am not entirely certain now that I know the UK boxes are different :sadeyes:

Mackdack54

Smash Rookie
I originally wanted one regular set, and one box set.
I am using some for a political art project.

Though, I also am not entirely certain now that I know the UK boxes are different :sadeyes:
Cool thought to use them in an art project! I think I'll jst gobble up what i can for the fare ones the. Try to,use them as trade bait or sell them for s reasonable price down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom