• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amiibo Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
With so much information going on back and forth as to what is happening with these guys, I figure having one main thread where we can find information in regard to what is going on with the official status may serve all collectors.

Feel free to put down information as it pertains to what is going on with the current state of the Amiibos, or to post where you may have found some of the more rare ones (discontinued). Get wind of a shortage due to preorders selling out? Add it here.
In this room we are here to support one another in trying to find the amiibo which Nintendo does not seem to care to put into a healthy supply.

Mackdack54

Smash Rookie
I preordered all wave 2 and wave 3 on bestbuy.com yesterday. Meta knight is a bestbuy exclusive too so I preprded 3 just in case there are none down the road.

Waves 2s daddy kong isn't available for preorder but he comes out Sunday I think. He shouldn't be too hard to find.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So what happened to those rumours? I've heard mixed opinions and I still ain't sure what the current status of it is.

Read: do I need to preorder Pit ASAP?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I've heard preordering (anything) at best buy is "just giving them your money and hoping they have your product for you," because they don't actually hold it in your name, but order a product for a number.
I'm not sure what this stands to reason as, but if it is true, I'm sticking with gamestop.

Toys r Us has its buy one get one 40 off, but as their amiibos are a dollar more in the first place, it comes out to two for 22.50, and they are out of preorders for Capt Falcon, King Dedede, and Lucario (the Toys R Us Exclusive, though they have gone back to having it occasionally). Wave 2 cannot be preordered at Gamestop, nor off the slips in store at Target

Zelda's amiibo has broken launch date at many locations, rumor has it Little Mac and Diddy is also in stores, but that Falcon, Luigi, and Pit got delayed in shipping.

As far as I know, still no word on where to get Rosalina. Wave 3, in Europe, is being released in two batches, one before US release, one after.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
So, I've noticed something about the Marth amiibo.

I have two, one from Argos, one from Amazon.
The one from Argos has a more orange-y skin colour, while the one from Amazon is more...pale. Anyone notice this?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Update on Amazon.co.uk prices for the amiibos(only listing those with official Amazon prices as sellers tend to fluctuate greatly. If the amiibo isn't listed here Amazon currently don't have any in stock/pricing up for them):

Mario: £10
Link: £10
Diddy Kong: £10.85
Pit: £10.85
Samus: £10.99
All Wave 3 preorders: £10.99
Pikachu: £14
Fox: £17.02
Wii Fit Trainer: £23.99
Marth: £31.99
Villager: £47.95

Villager is being sold at nearly five times the amount of Mario and Link by Amazon. That's their pricing. It's crazy over here right now. Yesterday they were selling him for £10, and today just wow.

Can't get over the insanity over Villager amiibos.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I've got so many WFT, I dont understand how I've found so many of them, and how they are so ... moderately priced, yet I only saw Villager and a terrible looking Marth, once.

So, I've noticed something about the Marth amiibo.

I have two, one from Argos, one from Amazon.
The one from Argos has a more orange-y skin colour, while the one from Amazon is more...pale. Anyone notice this?
And which one are you going to sell me, kind sir? I'm fine with either :p

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Today's Amazon.co.uk Amiibo pricing:

Mario: £17.02 (+ £7.02)
Link: £10 (Same)
Diddy Kong: £10.85 (Same)
Pit: £10.85 (Same)
Samus: £13.06 (+ £2.07)
All Wave 3 preorders: £10.99 (same)
Pikachu: £14 (same)
Fox: £17.02 (same)
Wii Fit Trainer: £23.99 (same)
Marth: £29.99 (-£2)
Villager: £25.52 (-£22.43)

That's an 11 hour difference to prices. Frigging hell Amazon. Mario shouldn't shift at all considering he's going to be one of the most overstocked ones.

Edit: It is now 7 hours later and the following have changed:

Updates:

Samus: £17.02 (+ £3.96)
Marth: £19.88 (- £10.11)
Wii Fit Trainer: £35.00 (+ £5.01)
Villager: £38.99 (+ £13.47)

Prices are fluctuating and deflating freaking crazily. Kirby's been added back as well at £16.99

Last edited:

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
I've got so many WFT, I dont understand how I've found so many of them, and how they are so ... moderately priced, yet I only saw Villager and a terrible looking Marth, once.

And which one are you going to sell me, kind sir? I'm fine with either :p
As much as I hate to say, both are wrapped up for Christmas. One of them is going to a friend. Forgive me, young sir. :(

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
Little Mac and Diddy have indeed been in certain stores around me. I'm going out ASAP Sunday to find Pit and Falcon. I hope they aren't too hard to find.

Also, I ran across a guy stocking Amiibo at Target. I started talking to him and, before I could ask, he said there were no Villager, Marth or Wii Fit Trainer. He said that he expects more to come in after Christmas, so take that for what it is. He seemed to know his stuff though.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Wave two is pretty difficult to find at the moment as well.
Clearly a sign everything must be preordered from this point on if you hope to get it, particularly with the shaky release dates, and the fact that most stores don't even see a stock of certain amiibo at all.

Shulk is still available at (seemingly) most Gamestop locations.
Lucario still out of stock online, but allegedly restocks at 5am certain days, EST.
Rosalina revealed as Target exclusive, already sold out online, have no idea when she became available.
Best Buy seems to be out of Meta Knight at most locations.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Update on the preorder exclusives:

Metaknight is available if you call a best buy location (or, presumably, go into a location) to preorder it
Rosalina has not released yet for preorder, but has changed its name on Target, which prompted wishlist reminders to be sent out to everyone waiting for her
Lucario is about to be launched with preorder cards in store (http://www.thetanooki.com/2014/12/1...including-lucario-now-available-at-toys-r-us/)

I've spoken to multiple NIntendo Club represntatives regarding amiibo. One told me that she was unaware of anything in regard to how they were being handled, but the second told me that once a new wave come out, the previous wave is not going to be getting a second look (ie, ones like Marth and Villager) until all future waves are out.

In regard to wave 2b, Luigi, Captain Falcon, and Pit, we are still at least a week away before my local Target gets them, as the human resources manager has told me they have not even been shipped to the local warehouse, wherein they are then dispersed to the individual retailer stores.

If you hope to get any figures, by the way, many store locations do not put them out right away (or at all). Of all locations that sell them (Walmart, Best Buy, Gamestop, Target, and Toys 'R' Us) in my local areas (NYC and Miami/South Florida), and other locations I checked in Baltimore and New Jersey, only one store, out of 50, ever even received a shipment of Villager or Marth. This is not counting Gamestop with preorders, and an additional 1-2 per store, which I imagine were the extras in the 4-figure boxes.
With the Diddy and Little Mac I received, they were each sent with just a single 4-figure box, meaning there were only 4 of each sent to this specific Target, which was reportedly the only one in the heavily populated county to receive them. As such, they never made it to floor, and I had to speak with three different employees myself (in person, after 2 on the phone,) to get to them.

In short- preorder for any you want.

GroundZero996

Smash Apprentice
Did Amazon just completely stop selling Amiibo? I guess I have to pre order all of these ****ers from Gamestop now, since that's the only store nearby where I can actually get an in-store pickup.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Did Amazon just completely stop selling Amiibo? I guess I have to pre order all of these ****ers from Gamestop now, since that's the only store nearby where I can actually get an in-store pickup.
You mean, with all the returns to bank accounts?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
http://www.amiami.com/

Often has cheap Japanese versions of the rarer ones go back on sale; this includes WFT, Villager, Captain Falcon, Little Mac-- and when I say cheap, I mean under 10 US dollars.

It takes roughly 2 JP business hours for them to process shipping cost, but once they do, you confirm the order.
Keep in mind, the packaging is Japanese, but amiibo are not region locked.

The quick EMS shipping to me, what is slated to be 3 days, for two figures, was about 8 dollars total.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Re-posting some hints I've dropped elsewhere...

KenboCalrissian said:
I'll let you guys in on a little secret...

So, this is Toys R Us's main amiibo listing. Look closer... at the bottom, see that extra listing for 'amiibo' with a price tag of $59.99? That's a separate listing for amiibos, and it sometimes has more options than the main page.

Last week, I was able to preorder Dedede and Toon Link by digging through there, even though they didn't appear on the main listing and they wouldn't even appear if searching for them by name. At the time of this posting, the two lists are identical, but occasionally you can get lucky. It's really weird, and maybe it was a big mistake I was able to take advantage of at the time - but keep an eye on it just in case it happens again.
KenboCalrissian said:

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Re-posting some hints I've dropped elsewhere...
In response to that Toys R Us article, I can confirm that not all locations have received the cards yet.
In Fort Lauderdale, they are received on Tuesday mornings. May not be that day everywhere, but I know it is here. (It's legit sad that in three states I'm on a first name basis with over half a dozen employees at different branches of Gamestop, Target, and Toys R Us).

ALSO to viewers of this thread,
I spoke with target.com representatives for over two hours. Three different representatives.
It was a more arduous journey than Bilbo Baggins faced, and all three could not agree on a full out response to if Rosalina was indeed ever available on preorder, but the predominant answer was that "yes she was, and there is nothing that can be done to alert you."
The odd man out in the forum claimed that it would have said if she were out of stock online, and that her release date preorder would be specified, most likely, as a Target exclusive, in the email newsletter.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Why are all of the Amiibo a dollar more through TRU?
They had a buy one, get one 40% off deal running for a while, so if you were ordering 8 at a time (like I did...) it paid off. Also, their supply seems to be a bit more consistent than other retailers.

The odd man out in the forum claimed that it would have said if she were out of stock online, and that her release date preorder would be specified, most likely, as a Target exclusive, in the email newsletter.
If you go check Target's listing for Cpt. Falcon, Marth, Villager, WFT, etc. you'll notice the button says "add to cart," is greyed out, and has a message "Sold out online" next to it. Rosalina's doesn't say it's sold out.

There are multiple reports online that she's already been made available and sold out "in record time" - I've seen accounts of it being sold out within 40 minutes yesterday morning, and people seeing her become available on and off this morning only to see her gone only 3 minutes later. However, there are conflicting reports that these are site glitches, and people who managed to get through and send an order had their money refunded. One article even mentions a 12/26 release date spotted in the source code behind the page, but that date along with everything else on the page is subject to change at any time.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
She's back.

Target really messed up making us wait so long. By the time she actually becomes available, we'll already have her.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I've managed to get the Zelda, Little Mac, and Diddy Kong amiibos from the first half of wave 2, but Amazon sent me an email saying that my preorder of Luigi, Pit, and Captain Falcon had been delayed, ugh :urg: I just want my Captain Falcon amiibo :(

GroundZero996

Smash Apprentice
They had a buy one, get one 40% off deal running for a while, so if you were ordering 8 at a time (like I did...) it paid off. Also, their supply seems to be a bit more consistent than other retailers.
Does that even work on preorders?

She's back.

Target really messed up making us wait so long. By the time she actually becomes available, we'll already have her.
I don't trust Amazon right now though... the way they've handled Amiibo so far has not impressed me. I won't be preordering anymore from them.

Also, did anyone else know that Best Buy changes you for preorders when you place the order? That seems kind of stupid.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Luigi is out in Toys R Us near me.
I asked about Pit and Captain Falcon, and was told that they are not yet in, and have been delayed to some unknown date.
Im not sure how, but Luigi is clearly part of a separate batch than the wave 2b.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Does that even work on preorders?
It did, but the deal is no longer in effect.

I don't trust Amazon right now though... the way they've handled Amiibo so far has not impressed me. I won't be preordering anymore from them.
Eek. What happened? I'm relying on Amazon right now for Marth, Villager, C. Falcon, and Rosalina.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It did, but the deal is no longer in effect.
Mine told me a blunt 'no.'
This whole amiibo thing reminds me how much I hate dealing with ignorant employees who dont want to help in the first place.
That's mostly my experience. It's why I prefer Gamestop, they get into the fun. *south florida blues*

crashbfan

Banned via Warnings
NNID
3DS FC
6666-6666-6666
Mod edit: Please do not make multiple threads about your artwork. Doing so will result in more heavier penalties. One of your threads has been moved to the Artwork Emporium so please use only THAT thread for showing of your team banners.

~Venus

Last edited by a moderator:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
AMIIBO?! :D check out my TEAM AMIIBO! Hello! I recently made my very first team banner in PAINT and I liked it so much I decided to start taking requests! If you want me to make a banner for you and your teammate, just reply with the following:
1. Your Team name (mine was "team AMIIBO!"
2. Yours and your teammates main
3.Yours and your teammates usernames
4. If your mains have alts., tell me what color.
5. Background color.
I was thinking the first request be free, and then the rest could be paid off with GC controllers
(since I'm desperately in need of working controllers!) I can't wait to get to work! Also, here's the first banner I made!
Appreciate the amiibo love, but I'm pretty certain advertising any profitable service, as well as being off topic, is against forum regulations.

crashbfan

Banned via Warnings
NNID
3DS FC
6666-6666-6666
Appreciate the amiibo love, but I'm pretty certain advertising any profitable service, as well as being off topic, is against forum regulations.
uh oh. can you please not report it?

(unless you're a pitiful ass MOMMA'S BOY)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
uh oh. can you please not report it?

(unless you're a pitiful *** MOMMA'S BOY)
I didn't report you, I was just kindly informing you. I assume the second half of your remark was in jest as well, though be careful because on the internet intonation does not come across very well and it could easily be mistaken for unprovoked aggression toward another user.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
So.

Who else got burned by Toys R Us cancellations this morning? I had all of Wave 3 plus Pit with them and woke up to a nice pile of cancelled pre-orders.

Any idea why TRU cancelled, and then immediately made them all available on their site again? Looks like it was to enforce a limit of 1 per customer, but they've also effectively canceled the Buy 1 Get 1 40% Off deal. Pretty obviously a strategic profiteering decision.

Now I have to go overseas for Pit because he's not available anywhere. Thanks, #ToysRntUs!

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
i just want a little mac for my little brother and no luck... on the day of release..crazy. I bet all these preorders are greedy collectors just trying to make money off people. For shame

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
i just want a little mac for my little brother and no luck... on the day of release..crazy. I bet all these preorders are greedy collectors just trying to make money off people. For shame
For the record, I'm a collector who found a Target with 4 Little Macs and 6 Diddies on the shelf, and only bought one of each rather than swipe them all and make a profit. I'm not in it for that.

Not all of us collectors are greedy. There's nothing wrong with wanting to collect them all.

I'm sure you specifically mean people who are buying up 10-20 each just to turn around and sell them on eBay for an inflated price, but please don't over-generalize.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
For the record, I'm a collector who found a Target with 4 Little Macs and 6 Diddies on the shelf, and only bought one of each rather than swipe them all and make a profit. I'm not in it for that.

Not all of us collectors are greedy. There's nothing wrong with wanting to collect them all.

I'm sure you specifically mean people who are buying up 10-20 each just to turn around and sell them on eBay for an inflated price, but please don't over-generalize.
of course not, just reference those ppl who buy like 10 of them to sell for crazy prices. No worries <3

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The general sentiment in Ireland seems to be "well these are a thing and I have no concept as to what they do".

Ergo, we seem to have plenty of leftover amiibos that nobody's been buyin'.

Apparently my local toy shop has some Pit and Cap amiibos that I really, really want, but I'm wondering if it's worth getting it now or trying to find a cheaper discount elsewhere?

Based on your collective experiences, how long do these things tend to last after release, on average?

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
The general sentiment in Ireland seems to be "well these are a thing and I have no concept as to what they do".

Ergo, we seem to have plenty of leftover amiibos that nobody's been buyin'.

Apparently my local toy shop has some Pit and Cap amiibos that I really, really want, but I'm wondering if it's worth getting it now or trying to find a cheaper discount elsewhere?

Based on your collective experiences, how long do these things tend to last after release, on average?
The cheapest listing for Captain Falcon on North American Amazon is already more expensive than the cheapest listing for Marth. Pit is steadily climbing and I suspect he'll surpass Marth as well. Both are pretty much guaranteed to be a good investment as they're already valued higher than retail.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The cheapest listing for Captain Falcon on North American Amazon is already more expensive than the cheapest listing for Marth. Pit is steadily climbing and I suspect he'll surpass Marth as well. Both are pretty much guaranteed to be a good investment as they're already valued higher than retail.
Yeesh.

Kinda tempted to run down right now and grab 'em if they still have any left in stock.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Update for all you guys with cancelled Toys R Us orders: My buddy's wife and I both complained on their FB page, and it looks like they've heard. They've left the following comment on our messages and others':

Hi Ken. We apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused pertaining to your amiibo pre-order. Please know that we are working on an email communication to all customers effected, which will provide instructions on how we plan to fulfill your order. We thank you for your patience as we work to remedy this situation and ensure you receive the product you ordered. Thank you.
In other news, Target announced there will be no more pre-orders for Rosalina - apparently, she sold out extremely quickly the moment she became available, and now she's strictly first-come, first-serve in stores. Glad I quit refreshing her page three days ago and opted for an overseas order...

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Finally got a hold of a Captain Falcon amiibo on Ebay for a fair price because Amazon wasn't shipping out the one I pre-ordered about two months in advance, after this, I think I'll be done with this whole amiibo thing :ohwell:

GroundZero996

Smash Apprentice
Eek. What happened? I'm relying on Amazon right now for Marth, Villager, C. Falcon, and Rosalina.
Amazon is no longer personally selling any of the wave 1 amiibos, they've let scalping BS run rampant on their site and I still haven't had my Zelda and Diddy order fulfilled. I gave up and snagged Zelda, Diddy, and Little Mac off ebay for like 40$ + shipping and I'm going to turn around and sell the Little Mac.

That reminds me, if anyone here wants to give me a reasonable offer on a Little Mac I might sell to someone here (if that's allowed, if not, forget I offered).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom