• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amiibo Smash AI difficulty.

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
We know that Amiibo can level up and go beyond a level 9, all the way up to level 50.

My question is this... how much harder do you truly think a level 50 AI will be when compared to a level 9? I used to "train" by myself against three level 9 enemies, sometimes even giving myself a handicap.

Do you think they will just have faster reaction times? Use some form of techniques that we have yet to discover? If you had to guess, in what way do YOU think the level 50's will be made to pose more of a challenge? We've heard of the AI "adapting" to the player, but if it's anything like the difference between a level 1 opponent and level 9... level 50 should be something of a terror, don't you think?

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
We know that Amiibo can level up and go beyond a level 9, all the way up to level 50.

My question is this... how much harder do you truly think a level 50 AI will be when compared to a level 9? I used to "train" by myself against three level 9 enemies, sometimes even giving myself a handicap.

Do you think they will just have faster reaction times? Use some form of techniques that we have yet to discover? If you had to guess, in what way do YOU think the level 50's will be made to pose more of a challenge? We've heard of the AI "adapting" to the player, but if it's anything like the difference between a level 1 opponent and level 9... level 50 should be something of a terror, don't you think?
the way i see it it really depends

See if u make it face ur friend who is a master at smash all the time tjhen it might be a monster but if you make it face a friend who is not very good its going to be mediocure if you mix and match then it could possibly be very good

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
I was thinking that the amiibo leveling system would be more RPG like.
But in relation to A.I. leveling, 5 amiibo levels= 1 ai level because level 10 ai was confirmed.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
You train your amiibo. It's a sparring buddy who learns your every move and tries to beat you.

On that note, have M2K, ZeRo ad a lot of other professional Smash players train an amiibo together and that amiibo will be the next M2K.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Amiibo will have stat increases. I think this has already been confirmed when they showed the Amiibo screen. They have specific special capabilities that get powered up. One of the ones I saw was an "easy power shield" type of power up. The AI may get better but they become more advanced with their over all stats. Speaking of which Mario also has an overall stat.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Amiibo will have stat increases. I think this has already been confirmed when they showed the Amiibo screen. They have specific special capabilities that get powered up. One of the ones I saw was an "easy power shield" type of power up. The AI may get better but they become more advanced with their over all stats. Speaking of which Mario also has an overall stat.
That's not exclusive to Amiibo; any character can utilize those items/power-ups. They're comparable to stickers from Brawl.

criticalhit1992

Smash Cadet
NNID
Falco1994
3DS FC
2707-2104-0489
Amiibo could actually be very helpful if you want to get even better at the game. Instead of just fighting Level 9 CPU's all the time why not train your Amiibo to an even higher level than that?

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
Amiibo could actually be very helpful if you want to get even better at the game. Instead of just fighting Level 9 CPU's all the time why not train your Amiibo to an even higher level than that?
That's what I'm saying. I'm curious for example, if you train your Amiibo using a level 9 CPU against it... how easily do you think a level 50 Amiibo might fair against a level 9 CPU?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That's not exclusive to Amiibo; any character can utilize those items/power-ups. They're comparable to stickers from Brawl.
To go even further, the equipment system in this game is going to like Kid Icarus: Uprising.

criticalhit1992

Smash Cadet
NNID
Falco1994
3DS FC
2707-2104-0489
That's what I'm saying. I'm curious for example, if you train your Amiibo using a level 9 CPU against it... how easily do you think a level 50 Amiibo might fair against a level 9 CPU?
I imagine a level 50 Amiibo would be near perfect. Like perfect blocking, dodging and even attacking. It would be like you're fighting M2K. The level 9 would stand no chance.

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
I imagine a level 50 Amiibo would be near perfect. Like perfect blocking, dodging and even attacking. It would be like you're fighting M2K. The level 9 would stand no chance.
That's what I'm kind of hoping for. If it can really "learn and adapt" it should be able to learn and adapt to overcome a level 9 with ease.

criticalhit1992

Smash Cadet
NNID
Falco1994
3DS FC
2707-2104-0489
Once the game is out for about six months or something and if someone wants to get into the competitive scene they could always level up their Amiibo and learn how to play the game the way those people play it. You never know. They could rise to the top if the trained hard enough.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If they are like Brawl AI they will also cheat by power-shielding a lot of things that aren't humanly possible and do it relatively consistently.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
M2K wasn't good at his first tournaments. Training with bots will not help you get better, because bots are predictable, they don't mixup, they don't mind games.
We don't know that about Amiibo, though. Hence this thread.

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
Still, bots can really help you training in avoiding attacks. Especially if you make it so basically one hit will KO you.

Back in Smash 64, my little brother and I loved to fight against "Martian Monkey's". We'd take turns fighting against 3 green Donkey Kong CPU's and gave ourselves the most handicap we could. It was great fun. XD Even their basic attacks had a chance to KO you with ease, lol.

Shikenshu

Smash Cadet
We don't know that about Amiibo, though. Hence this thread.
Computers can't think like humans, and don't understand how human think, they simply pick the best options in the current situation. Because of that, you always now what a cpu will do in X situation and the cpu will never adapt because he doesn't understand why it doesn't work anymore.

Still, bots can really help you training in avoiding attacks. Especially if you make it so basically one hit will KO you.

Back in Smash 64, my little brother and I loved to fight against "Martian Monkey's". We'd take turns fighting against 3 green Donkey Kong CPU's and gave ourselves the most handicap we could. It was great fun. XD Even their basic attacks had a chance to KO you with ease, lol.
However in this case, I can assume that the martian monkeys were always going toward you. A human will stop going at you if he can't reach you. At this point, what do you do? You will feel the pressure to approach and the human will probably punish your approach method if it's not safe. Your approach method will probably be unsafe if you only practice against cpu that always approach you first.

Kain6th

Smash Ace
Can you have your amiibo train other amiibos? don't know if this has been brought up before. but can i have my amiibo Mario train my amiibo Link? that would be cool if so

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
You train your amiibo. It's a sparring buddy who learns your every move and tries to beat you.

On that note, have M2K, ZeRo ad a lot of other professional Smash players train an amiibo together and that amiibo will be the next M2K.
"Squidward, Amiibos are taking over Nintendo!"

"Quick, call the Smash community!"

"Squidward, all the smashers are gone, only Amiibos are here!"

"Not the smashers!"

Top Bottom