• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Still no word on when Cloud and Corrin will be coming out. Gee, I never thought I'd say this but I'm starting to lose patience.

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Guess this is where I post this...
My buddy, who collected the entire roster of Amiibos, wanted to get rid of them so he sold them to me for $70. Now I have 53 Amiibos to name and train... Anyone want to help with the names? I kinda just hastily named a few of them but I'm looking for better names. I don't want dirty, profane, or degrading names, and with as few memes as possible.

:4bowser: Ragnagord
:4bowserjr: Juniorgord
:4falcon: Cranberry
:4charizard: Spyro
:4darkpit: Agony
:4diddy: Tiny
:4dk: Chunky
:4drmario: Dr. Dawkins
:4duckhunt: Courage
:4falco: Nevermore
:4fox: Kakko
:4ganondorf: Fomortiis
:4greninja: Slippy
:4myfriends: Ragnell
:4jigglypuff: HungryCube
:4dedede: Warhammer
:4kirby: Hup Hup
:4link: Linkle
:4littlemac: Sol
:4lucario: Aura
:4lucas: LUCA
:4lucina: Tiki
:4luigi: ChilyWilly
:4mario: ChilyBilly
:4marth: Mar Mar
:4megaman: Omega Man
:4metaknight: Ser Galaxy
:4mewtwo: Gilgamesh
:4miibrawl: Brawl
:4miigun: Metroid
:4miisword: FireEmblem
:4gaw: Arbiter
:4ness: PKBuzzBuzz
:4olimar: Dabuz
:4pacman: Pik-Man
:4palutena: Sacrifcium
:4peach: Q. Shadows
:4pikachu: Pichu Bro
:4pit: Grace
:4rob: Hex 524f42
:4robinf: Checkmate
:rosalina: Symphony
:4feroy: Saber
:4ryu: Trela
:4samus:Sierra 117
:4sheik: Wishmaster
:4shulk: Dunban
:4sonic: Spindash
:4tlink: Hyuga
:4villager: Manjensen
:4wario: Mint Berry
:4wiifit: Dawn
:4yoshi: Mr. Patch
:4zelda: Cia
:4zss: LiquidSuit

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Once again Nintendo store UK makes a speedy delivery, this time with Daisy. Especially impressive considering she's not out over here until November.

Dasiy 3.jpg

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
So, seems like folks have been posting pics of their collections here so I figured I'd go ahead and show mine off as well.

* Not Pictured: Gold Megaman (In Box) and Game & Watch Pose variants

I apologize for the pic quality in advance. I just wanted to take a quick pic with my phone (rather than getting out my actual camera and tripod, because lazy) and tried my best to take it at a decent angle that shows them all off. I also do my best on arranging them, as well as rearranging whenever I require more space. Sadly I do not know how much more arranging I can do at this point.

It sucks running out of space for these little guys... And I still have the 30th Anniversary Zelda Amiibo to worry about.

As well as the Final Three Smash Amiibo (Which is when?!?!) and the remaining four I need, too...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yesterday, I picked up a bunch of amiibo. 5 that I paid off, and 2 that I wanted/needed.

I got the Super Mario series Wario, Waluigi, Daisy, Boo, and Rosalina. The other two are Gold Mario and Robin.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Got the SMB Wario and Waluigi amiibos today, along with the code for Genesect. Rosalina wasn't there, which wasn't surprising, but I didn't expect that DK and Diddy would also be absent.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I got my Rosalina amiibo the other day.

Here she is with my Smash Rosalina. That empty space between them is reserved for the amiibo of a certain spiky haired swordsman.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
I have four of them now, and I never got around to using them. Peach, Palutena, Wii Fit Trainer, and Zero Suit Samus. I also plan to get the three Mii Fighter (they are my mains, don't ya know) amiibos this holiday season.

Edit: Acquired amiibo on :4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword: on the holidays, and :rosalina: just 36 hours ago.

Here they are...

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
A bunch of amiibos were announced in the latest Nintendo Direct.

Any thoughts? I'm surprised that we got alts for all of the final three Smash characters. Having a third set of amiibo for the Splatoon characters (especially the Squid) seems a bit redundant, but at least with the boy and girl, the design's changed a bit between games.

Skyward Sword Link and Pikmin (which I totally forgot was getting an amiibo) are definitely on my radar.

Not sure which if the two I want more, but I will probably be getting at least one of them.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The Cloud amiibos are definitely on my wishlist.

To think that they'll be coming out two weeks before my birthday.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So to review, the Direct revealed...

- Male Corrin
- Female Corrin
- Cloud
- Advent Children Cloud
- Bayonetta1 Bayonetta
- Bayonetta2 Bayonetta
- Majora's Mask Link
- Twilight Princess Link
- Skyward Sword Link
- Pikmin
- New Inkling Girl
- New Inkling Boy
- New Inkling Squid

That's a lot of new amiibo, and hey, Pikmin finally started its own line, which I've been predicting for a while. :p

Last edited:

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Right...it's convenient that the remaining three character amiibo will hit the shelves couple days after my birthday. I am going for the :4corrinf: and :4bayonetta2: ones myself. My goal is to collect all female fighter amiibo (yes, this also includes :4jigglypuff:).

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Well, I mean... I WAS saving up for the Switch but since Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta have been announced (and have Alts no less) as well as the new Legend of Zelda Amiibo I might as well go ahead and throw that plan right out of the window right now...

Not that I'm complaining. I finally get to have my babies! It's been so long. So very, very long... I'm so happy. The final three was all that I needed (aside from Metaknight, Rosalina, and Wii Fit) to complete my Smash collection. The Zelda Amiibo are bonuses!

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Right....pre-ordered :4bayonetta2: amiibo a couple days back. I really would not be happy if I waited 'til the release date and see them get sold out faster than y'all can sit through a Price is Right episode.

About the :4corrinf: amiibo...I anxiously await when they'll be available for pre-order. Looking to collect all the female fighter amiibo, I am.

So many new amiibo today. . .

Is the amiibo supply chain still crap?

The Samus/metroid 2 pack is already out of stock. Am I screwed, or will be there easy opportunities in the future that dont mean f5 mashing at 2 AM?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I feel like the amiibo stock situation is much better (though it depends on where you live - I've seen some people complaining about it, but even though I'm not interested in getting them, I've seen all of the Zelda amiibo, even the Guardian, in stores on a fairly regular basis), but I think I'll wait until after the release of the last Smash wave to say for sure.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
The Samus/metroid 2 pack is already out of stock. Am I screwed, or will be there easy opportunities in the future that dont mean f5 mashing at 2 AM?
Are you sure? I just Pre-Ordered the Metroid 2-Pack today, as well as the four new BOTW Amiibo from Best Buy.

Keep in mind to always check up on them. I would also recommend frequently checking r/Amiibo as well as they're always on top of the latest Amiibo releases as well as the Pre-Orders. I wouldn't know where I'd be without that place. It's quite helpful.

Last edited:
Are you sure? I just Pre-Ordered the Metroid 2-Pack today, as well as the four new BOTW Amiibo from Best Buy.

Keep in mind to always check up on them. I would also recommend frequently checking r/Amiibo as well as they're always on top of the latest Amiibo releases as well as the Pre-Orders. I wouldn't know where I'd be without that place. It's quite helpful.
Yesterday they were only available still on Amazon, and quickly sold out.

Bought the 2 pack from best Buy this morning. haha

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'll definitely be picking up Chrom (duh) and Tiki.

Still need to get the Alm and Celica two pack though. Haven't gotten around to it.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
So I have a question for my fellow Amiibo collectors. Hopefully someone can help me out here:

With the final three/six to be released this month I've realized I only have enough space for four more Amiibo, not taking into account how much space each individual amiibo will take due to size (Bayonetta worries me, as well as Clouds sword).

This means I either need to attempt to rearrange my amiibo and somehow generate extra space that way, or look for some shelves or something else that can aid in displaying them. I'm thinking I could get a wall shelf that will solely only either display the Animal Crossing Amiibo I have, or display only Zelda Amiibo among my other Zelda collectables. Of course, if there's a way to spend as less money as possible that would definitely be preferred. So, I guess my question to you guys would be this:

How are you guys displaying yours, and are there any recommendations and/or cheap ideas to gain more space?

Last edited:

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Well, I now have 10 amiibo (soon to be 11) arranged in a semicircle on my computer desk. My ultimate goal is to collect all female amiibo (but not :4bayonetta: rather :4bayonetta2: since I like that pose better) but since I'm as cheap as Mr. Krabs I plan to line them up on the floor against the wall.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Might as well give this thread a bump now that the Smash Bros. line of amiibo has finally been completed after 2+ years (for now).

Anyone going to go for all 5 variants? Does anyone have a display they'd like to show off or are planning on building?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just looked for Cloud and Bayonetta's default amiibos (along with Splatoon 2), and found them pretty quickly.

I am so glad that we're past the "first come, first served" method that the first few waves used, and we can actually find the amiibos that we're looking for in stores.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Top of the afternoon to you, family. I pre-ordered a :4bayonetta2: amiibo and received it a couple days before international release. Here it is...

I happen to like this pose better than her other one, by the way. Oh, and here it is with the other ones I collected...

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of, I went ahead and ordered a :4corrinf: amiibo this evening. Obviously I did this while it was at the advertised thirteen dollars since I've seen other vendors sell them for up to fifteen times the MSRP. Ouch!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I got lucky and was able to get all three P1 amiibos when I finished my shift at the store I work at (I work 3rd). We had four of each in stock surprisingly.

Got Bayonetta P2 and Corrin P2 online (the latter after refreshing the Add to Cart a few times). I missed out on Cloud P2 unfortunately. I though it would be easier to get it in-store, and by the time I got home they had sold out. >_>

Just need the former and Gold Mega Man to complete the Smash set.

D

Deleted member

I had my friend use his Prime account to get :4corrinf:for me (with me paying him for it).
They sent him :4corrin: instead.

Not real happy about that.

D

Deleted member

Oh dear. It's sad stories like these that make me concerned. I ordered :4corrinf: a couple days back but mine will take around three weeks to arrive since I don't have Prime membership. I hope they send me the right one.

Edit: You know, it sucks that this particular figurine wasn't available for pre-order at all...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Considering there have been multiple reports of Amazon sending the wrong Corrin, I hope you get the right one.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
I had my friend use his Prime account to get :4corrinf:for me (with me paying him for it).
They sent him :4corrin: instead.

Not real happy about that.
Considering there have been multiple reports of Amazon sending the wrong Corrin, I hope you get the right one.
Yeah, unfortunately it seems like the majority of people have been getting male Corrin instead of Female Corrin. Some have chosen to complain about it to Amazon and gotten enough in Gift Card credit to get one from a scalper while others have gotten shafted.

It honestly concerns me a lot considering the fact I got a backordered one (won't be getting it till 8/9 to 9/1).

It'd suck to wait all that time just to get the wrong one that I've already got ordered from GameStop. In any case, I'm still waiting for both Clouds, Corrin, and Bayonetta P1 to arrive tomorrow that I pre-ordered from GameStop. The wait has been killing me as I already got my P2 Bayonetta from Best Buy on Wednesday. Just waiting on them now. Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay, just checked on Amazon and found out they're going for six times MSRP. Those goddamn scalpers took all the :4corrinf:s already. :facepalm:

My apologies for saying that, everyone, but this is why life is never fair and no one gets what they deserve. Oh well, I at least had the foresight to order Friday night. Now, I'll take my chances with Amazon and mine should arrive as early as August 11 (I'm guessing mine is back-ordered too), and it better cost me $19.41 as it showed on my receipt. I'm praying for not only myself, but everyone else here.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Well, my babies finally came today, so here is my updated collection as of July 2017:

*** NOT PICTURED: Gold Megaman (In box) & Game & Watch Pose Variants

My collection has certainly grown since I last shared it. I did my best at rearranging them again and even used my actual camera to take a pic this time instead of my phone so the quality is a bit better. I had to sacrifice a lot of spacing though to cram them all in.

I guess I need to invest in a wall shelf next if this keeps up. Now I just need to wait on my back-ordered P2 Corrin...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Seems that Amazon is getting my :4corrinf: amiibo ready for shipping today and it should be arriving by the upcoming Thursday. I have to tell y'all, the waiting was an extremely difficult part. After I get this one, I will rejoice and sing a gospel song but I won't be collecting any more amiibo for a little while. Now, don't get me wrong; I daresay they're fine collectibles but they're not worth going into bankruptcy. Anyways, I'll report back here and show y'all when it arrives... :)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I finally got Male!Corrin, so other than Female!Corrin in general, I got the main DLC ones. Wasn't going for alt costumes/both with extremely few exceptions anyway. I did want regular Cloud though, mostly cause Advent Children I entirely skipped compared to playing some 7.

D

Deleted member

Now the worry is over
I can wave the doubt away
God reminded me that He's still able
God reminded me that He's still able
This is how I feel this morning since I've received my :4corrinf: amiibo yesterday night.

So... has anyone else acquired one recently and feeling the same way I am now?

Top Bottom