• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amiibo Figures Available for Pre-Order!

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I shall get one for Ike, Palutena, and Robin.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So that's 13 bucks (Not including Tax) PER Fighter.
~48 Fighters...
$624.00+TAX FOR ALL OF THEM
Mother of god...

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
I'm gonna wait for more information on them, as I want to know if all amibos are compantible with every game [like if Link works with Mario Kart] If not, the Mario characters would be best value, as thats where most of the amibos are at

Little-Mac!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedrawingdutch
fox is looking so derp
also look at that peach one, wonder where that transparent stick is going..

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I think I would only purchase the Mega Man, Robin, Lucina and Shulk when they become available as purchasing each figure is going to cost me an arm and a leg. Sakurai did suggest to only get the figures that interest you the most, unless you've got lots of expendable income of course. $12.99 is a fairly reasonable price IMO.

railgun

Smash Rookie
Dammit I want mega man!
I'll just preorder pika for now.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm only getting the figurines of :rosalina:, :4megaman:, :4link:, :4myfriends:, :4lucina: and :4littlemac:. I don't plan on collecting every single one of them as it is a big waste of money.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Samus is a sure buy for me. So glad these werent more :) Was expecting $20 for each.

However im yet to see a Ganondork and Sheik figure.

*cough* and a ridley one.

TrevonMarrast

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luigicheesecake
Link is currently the number on Amiibo on Amazon!

#ZeldaHype:4link::4link::4link:

Last edited:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
$12 is alot for just an unposable figure and a computer training buddy. I better be getting more than that.

Id love to see all chars as a figure. I want Mac, Pac Man, Megaman and Falcon. Some assist trphy amiibos would desirable, but I have no idea what theyd be for.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
I will buy the ones representing the game series I like the most. That being said, Link, Samus, and Pikachu are on order. Course, I love Fire Emblem so it baffles me why there is no IKE and only Marth... Ugh... And where's Lucina!? I needs me that Blood of The Exalted Amiibo. Still waiting for Princess Zero Suit Samus, Zelda, Sheik and Ganondorf. That Fox looks great, though. Might even pick up a Falco one if they do that.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Pre-ordering DK and Kirby asap. Now the wait is on for Dedede and Wario.

D

Deleted member

I agree, and just calling something "relatively affordable" more than once doesn't make it so.
These seem to be well-made collectable figures that have an actual effect on the game itself. Did you really expect them to cost anything less than $10 each?

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
These seem to be well-made collectable figures that have an actual effect on the game itself. Did you really expect them to cost anything less than $10 each?

I think a lot of people don't realize is other "high quality" PVC statuets for anime and video games can run you $25 to $90 dollars depending on size or whether or not they come pre painted. Compared to some other collectible figurines this is really cheap considering it has a freaking mirco chip in it that wirelessly transfers and stores data.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Not buying until I see this man-god: :4falcon:

Oh and:

:4sonic:<-- You know the drill...

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
Matter of fact... here's some off of Play Asia

http://www.play-asia.com/figma-the-...figure-link-re-run-paOS-13-49-en-70-4ypb.html

http://www.play-asia.com/nendoroid-link-the-wind-waker-ver-paOS-13-49-en-70-7onl.html

http://www.play-asia.com/figma-pre-...-samus-aran-re-run-paOS-13-49-en-70-4j26.html

http://www.play-asia.com/dragons-crown-elf-paOS-13-49-en-70-7dh5.html
And I don't even think she moves.

http://www.play-asia.com/dragon-que...metal-slime-re-run-paOS-13-49-en-70-3m3w.html
$18 for a blob. LoL

EDIT: Turns out the Disney Infinity Character statues hover around the same price as these. Agent P from Fineus and Pherb is around $9 but Jack Skeleton from Nightmare before Christmas is around $15 on Amazon. Hell, Syndrome is like $24 for some reason. Don't know about Skylanders Toys.

EDIT: The Skylanders figures that aren't sold out look to be $15 or more on Amazon. :/

Last edited:

madBowers

Smash Rookie
NNID
Adamsrewob
3DS FC
1177-9203-9654
I love collectables. I will definitely grab whoever I end up maining in this game.

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
I can't believe all the complaining I'm seeing here about the price. I imagine many of you don't actually collect figures, because 13 bucks for things like this is hella cheap. Usually figures of this quality, especially licensed characters, go for at minimum $20+.

PreciseMotion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PreciseMotion
*Releases Mario kart DLC with 16 racetracks, 6 Characters, 8 vehicles for 12$*
*Releases lame amiibo figures, 13$ a piece*
Nintendo's consistency .... *facepalm*

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I can see these selling extremely well if:

• Each Amiibo warrants a character being in other compatible Nintendo games, like Mario Kart and Xenoblade Chronicles X.
  • Automatically unlocks that character in Smash and gives you that character's alternate costumes.
  • Amiibos come in a bundle package for about $6 more.

The price range of $13.99 does seem to be alot when considering the size of SSB4's roster.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Of course not; however, worth is not the same thing as affordability. I personally think they are probably worth more than what they are selling for, but that has nothing to do with whether or not I can afford them or if I should buy them, having assumed fiscal responsibility for my household.

It's like the Kirby-guys showing up and trying to sell me a $2k vacuum. Yes, it's obviously worth the money but I simply can't afford it. Yes, I could put all my resources into buying it, but then I would not be able to afford something that holds more value for me. Then we come to the discussion of Value vs. Worth, which is at the heart of the issue but isn't really worth (pun intended) getting into.

Last edited:

PreciseMotion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PreciseMotion
I can see these selling extremely well if:

• Each Amiibo warrants a character being in other compatible Nintendo games, like Mario Kart and Xenoblade Chronicles X.
  • Automatically unlocks that character in Smash and gives you that character's alternate costumes.
  • Amiibos come in a bundle package for about $6 more.

The price range of $13.99 does seem to be alot when considering the size of SSB4's roster.
No, that second point is you made is the first step to a pay to win model , please.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
No, that second point is you made is the first step to a pay to win model , please.
Still, people would pay money to have some things automatically unlocked for them if they can just buy it. I don't agree with the practice, but it happens.

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
*Releases Mario kart DLC with 16 racetracks, 6 Characters, 8 vehicles for 12$*
*Releases lame amiibo figures, 13$ a piece*
Nintendo's consistency .... *facepalm*
You seriously can't be comparing digital merchandize to physical... Like, I shouldn't even have to explain why there is a difference in pricing. And I won't, because wow.

mithical1

Smash Rookie
NNID
mithrandir37
I am astounded that almost no one realizes what these are actually able to do. THEY LEARN DIFFERENT TACTICS DEPENDING ON HOW YOU FIGHT THEM! They are so much more than a figurine, or customizable character, or CPU. Easily worth more than $20 given their quality and functionality.

Here's an example: Say I get a Fox Amiibo. I fight against it with Samus. It gains experience and levels up. It soon becomes the difficulty of a level 9 CPU. But THEN I fight it further. It realizes I spam missiles and charge shot a lot so it starts to shine more often to reflect them back MORE EFFICIENTLY THAN A LEVEL 9 CPU. Then it realizes that I keep shielding the reflected shots so it learns to shine and then go for grabs more often. These things learn. And that's only what they do in Smash. Think of all their other functions in other games.

$14 for one of these is like the parking fee for getting into the best theme park in the world for free.

Shog

Smash Ace
I only want a Samus one I think. And I mean the suit, because no Retro ZSS Amiiboo. And I actually think they are expensive though. two hours work=one figure to me(~)

But the affordable post gets it better explained what I meant

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Top Bottom