• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amiibo feeding - Trying to figure it all out

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
Hello All,

So I bought a Marth Amiibo at the release and I've been training it in the spare time I actually have to play. It's not max level yet, but I've been enjoying watching the AI grow and its getting progressively harder to beat it (thought honestly, I'm not that great, so its not THAT impressive that it can beat me).

However, I have noticed a few things about feeding my Amiibo items that I thought I'd share and maybe get some help learning about. My amiibo is lvl 30 or so at the moment, and it seems like I have hit a cap in the total growth it can gain from fed items. Here are some things I noticed :

- In the beginning, feeding items gave bigger bonuses with fewer loses. A fed item would give +15 attack & -5 defense.

- As feeding continued, the ratio of +/- got smaller and smaller... a +15 attack now came with a -10 defense.

- The above was true even for items of comparable loss and gain. At one point I caught on to the fact that in order to keep a balance between attack/defense/speed, I had to feed like bonuses from each badge type. So I lined up 3 badges, one of each type that would give +10 , -3 . Across the board, that would then mean I should get a +7 to all stats once all three were fed. However, as soon as I fed the first one, when I went to feed the second, the item which would have given +10/-3 now gave +10/-5 or something to that effect.

- This led to the discover that there is a cap, at least as far as I can tell on my lvl 30 amiibo. Keeping a perfect balance of Stength/Defense/Speed, I finally got to 40 / 40 / 40 ... and now any item I feed makes an EQUAL change to +/- ... So a +10 boost to attack gives a -10 boost to Defense.

...this would seem to indicate there is a maximum cap of 120 points you can add to stats (at least when you keep them all positive). I haven't tried putting a stat negative, and I don't want to. I want my amiibo to be balanced and a tough sparring opponent. This leads to a few interesting questions however that perhaps people can help with...

1. My amiibo had no special abilities fed to it. Do these abilities take up a certain number of points? So if my amiibo has auto-heal, is the max Stat boost now only 100? ... and does it work the opposite way for negative abilities, granting a higher stat boost cap?

2. Or do the special abilities not affect the stat cap, instead giving only a negative effect to a stat until you can feed it boosts enough to get the values up to maximum again?

3. Does a lvl 50 amiibo have a higher stat cap?... like 60 / 60 / 60 as compared to a lower level amiibo's cap?

...all questions people might be able to help me answer. So if you've learned anything about feeding, please reply and hopefully we can figure it out. Or, if its already been figured out, someone can just flat out inform me.

Thanks!

Last edited:

ShasOkais

Smash Rookie
I believe I have the answers to your questions. My experience training and feeding my Samus Amiibo should make me qualified to answer at least.
My lvl 50 Samus Amiibo can hold a total of +120 stat, including negatives, along with 3 blue effects. My current build is +180 atk, 0 def, -60 spd, Vampire heal, Shield heal, and All around trade-off. I also observed that once I had fed it to a certain point, the ratio reduced. However I found that the ratio capped at 1:1. It may occasionally display another ratio, but if you are to delete the new 4th effect that the item gives before you apply it, the ratio returns to 1:1. That should answer both questions 1 and 3. To answer question 2, you are spot on with the evidence I've seen in my own experiences, and it seems like a reasonable conclusion. I cannot decisively answer it however.

I hope this answered all your questions. If not, I'd be willing to simplify or elaborate. If you have any other questions, I should be able to answer them. I've done a great deal of research into Amiibos because I asked myself all those questions and many more.

I'd like to leave you with a few notes of mine. There will never be a "fair" fight against an Amiibo. They have inherent buffs that players/CPUs do not receive. Perhaps the most noticeable being launch resistance. I do not know when they begin to receive these buffs, or if they scale with level though. Also, you may have noticed they can have builds that a player might only dream of having. Such as +200 atk, -40 def, -40 spd, along with any 3 blue effects. Finally, an Amiibo will ALWAYS have its special moves, effects and stat changes, even when custom parts are disabled. In conclusion, when an Amiibo is in play, the only "fair" fight is a 1v1 (without items or only Smash Ball, and on a non-changing stage) consisting of only Amiibos.

Last edited:
Top Bottom