• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amiibo Experiences

Rythmic

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zadester
Hey guys, so I've not really seen anything like this before and I thought it'd be quite interesting. Basically here everyone would be sharing experiences they've had with their amiibo.

As for me, I just got my first amiibo (Pikachu) today. It's level 40 and I can't beat it at any fights anymore >.< I think I've trained him too good!

EKcity

Smash Rookie
I don't know if this is the case for everyone but I had my Pikachu amiibo really well trained but when I was screwing around with friends doing amiibo vs amiibo and 8 Player Smash I found he got significantly worse. Do they learn past level 50?

Rythmic

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zadester
I don't know if this is the case for everyone but I had my Pikachu amiibo really well trained but when I was screwing around with friends doing amiibo vs amiibo and 8 Player Smash I found he got significantly worse. Do they learn past level 50?
They do learn past level 50, altough I havent really heard of an Amiibo getting WORSE. That must really suck...

WECsoul

Smash Cadet
NNID
WECsoul
3DS FC
0259-1277-6150
How does an amiibo learn certain combos? By copying your playstyle when you play against it with the same character?

Vash_VisionZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vash_VisionZ
3DS FC
4596-9838-7829
They do learn past level 50. If you haven't given some time to train you amiibos in 8 player fights, it will perform worse in that environment since it isn't used to it yet. Same thing with the use of items. My Marth one was the same way at level 45. Was a beast in one vs one, but I figured it would be good to give it some 4v4 experience as well, and the first few matches it got its ass handed to it lol. Its good in 8 player matches now.

Last edited:

Rythmic

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zadester
How does an amiibo learn certain combos? By copying your playstyle when you play against it with the same character?
Yes, to teach you amibo a certain combo (grab, throw upwards and then tair for example) you would need to play as the character your amiibo is. You act sort of like its mentor. However, keep in mind that you will need to do that combo repeatedly many times to the amiibo so that it can learn it.

yogo540

Smash Rookie
Yep, someone recently trained their Pikachu to spam Thunder. He used only Thunder to train it for 50 levels.

By the end of it, that Amiibo was using Thunder 2.5x more often than a CPU.

Top Bottom