• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amiibo Collectors

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
I thought it would be nice to have some discussion with those who plan on collecting Amiibo (I plan on getting all of them).

My big question right now is, as a collector, I like to keep thing in their original packaging. Will I still be able to use the Amiibo if they are still in their box? Is the NFC strong enough? I've never used Skylanders or Disney Infinity so I have no basis.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'd assume that, like Skylanders, the NFC is strong enough to be read through the package.

And if not, you can just get one for yourself, then collect the rest. I mean, if you have $70-80 buck to drop on them (I assume this beca

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
i plan on collecting them all too! iirc stores like target and toys r us have skylander platforms and you can place boxed figures on it to see what it does (help sell the product)

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
I'm planning on collecting most of the amiibos and this thought never even crossed my mind.

That being said, I do hope you can use them without having to open their package. If you do have to open them up, it will not be a deal breaker for me.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Depending on price point and whatnot, I plan on getting my top three or so, unless they're exceptionally cheap or exceptionally worth collecting/using. Mine will definitely be functional collecting, though. I have no desire to keep it in a box.

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
I'm also curious as to what will be the best way to display them.
I'm assuming those fancy plastic display rods won't be available to the general public.

Gravitational23

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gravitational23
My plan is to collect all my favourite characters and character s that I will main in the future.

JaredHaj

Smash Rookie
NNID
JaredHaj
I was wondering the same thing. They have really, really nice packaging and I'd like to keep them in it. Glad to hear Skylanders can go through the packaging. I also plan on getting them all eventually.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
The tentative Australian price is alarmingly high... so I'll probably stop after Pit and Palutena.

And Fox.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
I don't intend to get them all, but I probably will :p

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
You should be okay judging by Disney Infinity and Skylanders to keep them in the box.

Really looking forward to seeing some more information on the cross game thing, and seeing more than the initial line up.

I plan to get all the Mario crew at the very least...especially if I can use them in MK8 and Mario Party 10.

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
I plan on collecting every single one of the Super Smash Bros Amiibo's. I'm not sure what Amiibo collections I'll try to collect after that, or whether I'll collect all of them like I plan to with SSB. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

For Super Smash Bros though I plan to get a Kirby Amiibo along with my purchase of Super Smash Bros for Wii U, and maybe another Amiibo such as Little Mac (or if either of them announced, Ridley or Lip). I've put Amiibo's on my Christmas and Birthday lists as smaller gifts others can buy me, so I'll probably wait until after both of those before saving up further money and getting the rest of the SSB Amiibo's.

Here's a question for anyone who'd like to answer; other than the Super Smash Bros Amiibo's, are their any other Amiibo's you'd consider collecting if they were announced?

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
I plan on collecting every single one of the Super Smash Bros Amiibo's. I'm not sure what Amiibo collections I'll try to collect after that, or whether I'll collect all of them like I plan to with SSB. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

For Super Smash Bros though I plan to get a Kirby Amiibo along with my purchase of Super Smash Bros for Wii U, and maybe another Amiibo such as Little Mac (or if either of them announced, Ridley or Lip). I've put Amiibo's on my Christmas and Birthday lists as smaller gifts others can buy me, so I'll probably wait until after both of those before saving up further money and getting the rest of the SSB Amiibo's.

Here's a question for anyone who'd like to answer; other than the Super Smash Bros Amiibo's, are their any other Amiibo's you'd consider collecting if they were announced?
I hope they do more mario series ones, gonna need Waluigi.

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
I hope they do more mario series ones, gonna need Waluigi.
Thanks for answering. With Mario Party 10 and Mario Kart 8 getting Amiibo interaction, I'm pretty sure that you won't have to wait long for a Waluigi Amiibo.

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
I know I'm for sure going to collect all the smash ones, but beyond that I need A. Verification that Amiibos will span to future generations of Nintendo Consoles (I think that was mentioned...) and B. Better implementation then smash (I'll probably monkey around with the figure players a bit, but with smash I'm more about the collection then the application.)

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Depending on the price i'm gonna collect them all as well.

Skylanders work threw the packaging.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I don't think I'm going to buy all of them (unless I fall into a huge chunk of funny) but I will at least get my top 5 or top 10 characters if they are really awesome.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I plan to get the ones for the characters I play as, maybe some others for other games. If I win the lottery, I get all of them.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Originally intended to get all of them but instead I only plan on getting the figurines of my main characters shown on my signature.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I will focus on the characters I like most first. If Rosalina is available at launch, I will get her with the game, and then get other characters I like after. Probably at least one a month.

Top Bottom