• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amiibo 'bet' fights

edisside

Smash Rookie
NNID
edissde
Seeing as apparently two amibos can vs each other, the thought of pitting your amibo against another persons seems like a fun idea. Training your amibo at home and bringing them to a friends house or a tournament is only right.

Do you belive that this will catch on if money was involved? Something to keep it entertaining, especially if there is an audiance? Also the possibility of it being a small pass time at tournaments?

I personaly think that it would be a fun thing to do with a group of friends, adding small amounts of money and hoping to be the winner.

Anyway, please discuss :)

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
I highly doubt people will bet on Amiibo chicken fights. Plus I personally don't like gambling.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
I mean, it sounds like the most fun you could have with those things.

Tournament idea is a good one, but I also have NO idea how these things work...
Do you like... upgrade their stats? Make them jump higher/punch harder?
If so I will never think of them again, lol.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I mean, it sounds like the most fun you could have with those things.

Tournament idea is a good one, but I also have NO idea how these things work...
Do you like... upgrade their stats? Make them jump higher/punch harder?
If so I will never think of them again, lol.
Increasing the stats is possible, but it also seems to serve as a CPU character that can level up more than the average CPU in Smash, which could make for an interesting battle if youre lonely. Plus, they look cool

Goesasu

Smash Journeyman
I would probably bet on 2vs2. me and my amiibo against my friends and theirs amiibo.

Seems fun.

Renji64

Smash Lord
The betting aspect is the main reason i want to purchase one or two amiibos it could be fun and funny as hell.

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't bet money, but I would totally have Amiibo fights with people. It sounds awesome.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I could definitely see Amiibo cockfighting being a small side tourney. It'd be cool.

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Underground Amiibo fight ring?

Sounds like a great source of income. Definitely going to start one for my high school. Roll in the money, pay for some waitresses and food/drinks, and overall get to make money whilst playing Smash. Maybe I won't even be a competitor, I'll just be collecting dough and betting the food/drinks! It's perfect! I won't even lose that much money if I do Dollar Store cheap food! Who needs a job when I can do this?

Thank you, based OP. You've given me a reason to live.

(I'm totally betting on the Lvl. 50 Jigglypuff there)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It seems to me this is what amiibos are made for

Dog fighting/ **** fighting

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I hate stuff like sky landers and Disney infinity, so I'm not fond of amiibo, but this idea actually makes me want one.

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Suddenly, I feel like I want to watch the world burn.

So instead of betting money, winner keeps the loser's Amiibo.
That's rather harsh. Maybe the loser should get banished to the Shadow Realm instead.

D

Deleted member

OMG I can totally see brawl in the family making a joke about of this in a few yea- Oh right ;_;

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Amiibos´s clandestine fights sounds like a very legit and funny idea to me. Thats the only reason i would get one. To go tournies and sign mi amiibo in amiibo tournies.

Sounds super fun.

Unless theres one amiibo AI superior to the rest.. i see this as a very entertaining source, bets or not.

KFrosty

Smash Apprentice
I would love to get an Amiibo of someone I'm not good with, just to have some unique players in a team battle.

I think, as people, we can come up with fun ways to use them that may not be obvious to all.

Like, if it is an adaptive AI sort of thing, imagine teaching it to be the worst possible Amiibo out there.

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
Supposedly they have advanced AI that improves as they level up. 1-50. They learn from playing you. They adapt to whatever they play against. Having 2 means you have 2 adapting to each other as the level up. For instance if Mew2king trained an Amiibo it would be much stronger than if I trained one, That is how I understand it.

edisside

Smash Rookie
NNID
edissde
The reason I decided betting was a good idea was to make it more exciting, seeing as their is no real skill involved.

Just wanted to clear that up

Chaozrush21

Smash Cadet
NNID
dotmae
3DS FC
3007-8540-3431
I can see that being that being a side event at tournaments.The audience could send in there money on who they think going to win.Who ever amiibo win the tournament could maybe win a prize of 100$ or more. It could be a good source of income if you a really good smash player.Heck,I can see me doing that.

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
OMG I can totally see brawl in the family making a joke about of this in a few yea- Oh right ;_;
It took me a minute to remember....*sighs*

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Hell I would throw down $5-$10 down for an Amiibo tourney. My friend n I preordered Amiibos n we were gonna have them fight for fun or small bets

_Sheik

Smash Lord
It already exists.

https://youtu.be/K5CfCVnwMVs

People bet on two amiibos that the host owns. If the one with the most bets wins 1st place in a 5-Stock match, then the host will launch a contest that'd allow people to win ten or twenty bucks. If the second most popular character wins, the host MUST buy a new amiibo to add to his collection.

That commentary though. Dude should be commenting EVO.(The video and host are French)

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Amiibo Tournaments are extremely fun.

I've had a large group of friends get together and we had about 20+ amiibo at our little event, had a bracket against them all too.

Winner was a Toon link amiibo. (I had a Mario amiibo that finished 2nd)

and its literally a bonding moment with your amiibos too considering its to see who trained their amiibo better.

Jeeble

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jeeble
3DS FC
4227-0772-2000
My local sometimes have amiibo tournaments.
Just today I got 5th place with my Little Mac.

Top Bottom