• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Amazon leaked....

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
I just though about it !
The "Special Order" thing found in the annoucer hidden files could be a third mode among Master Order and Crazy Order, and could be refered as a Core Order (like the picture of Master Core in the menu for that mode)
I could see that happening, even though I have no idea what theses modes could be

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Hey everyone, I think I may have come across something in regards to the story board game mode while I was browsing VA panels on youtube. I know I can't post links so please go on youtube and look up: Matt Mercer Q&A- Matsuricon 2014 Part 01 - Alvin, Chrom.

At around 2:15 Matt Mercer (Chrom's VA) talks about Chrom in smash. This is post Robin reveal trailer and he already knows Chrom isn't a player. But he says something strange and interesting:

"I'm kind of excited because there are parts of the game that kind of deal with Chrom not happy that he's actually not in the game."

Before this Amazon leak I was all wha...? Because he obviously wasn't talking about the trailer in that moment 'parts of the game'. And before this whole story board mode leaked I sort of wondered if maybe Matt Mercer gave away something sort of unitentionally.

Anyways that was my random find, tell me what you think. It's certainly odd wording if he wasn't talking about some other mode. And apologies in advance if I goofed up, or double posted. I'm a bit nervous posting for the first time after lurking since E3 2013 lol.

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
Hey everyone, I think I may have come across something in regards to the story board game mode while I was browsing VA panels on youtube. I know I can't post links so please go on youtube and look up: Matt Mercer Q&A- Matsuricon 2014 Part 01 - Alvin, Chrom.

At around 2:15 Matt Mercer (Chrom's VA) talks about Chrom in smash. This is post Robin reveal trailer and he already knows Chrom isn't a player. But he says something strange and interesting:

"I'm kind of excited because there are parts of the game that kind of deal with Chrom not happy that he's actually not in the game."

Before this Amazon leak I was all wha...? Because he obviously wasn't talking about the trailer in that moment 'parts of the game'. And before this whole story board mode leaked I sort of wondered if maybe Matt Mercer gave away something sort of unitentionally.

Anyways that was my random find, tell me what you think. It's certainly odd wording if he wasn't talking about some other mode. And apologies in advance if I goofed up, or double posted. I'm a bit nervous posting for the first time after lurking since E3 2013 lol.
So the board game, is a story mode you think?

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
So the board game, is a story mode you think?
Hm well I was in the same boat as everyone else with the whole Mario Party vibe theme (And Candy Crush but lets not speak of that lol) but Matt's words make me think a bit otherwise. I just can't seem to place where these lines of Chrom he speaks of would fit. And the way he speaks of it makes me think 'voiced lines' but I could be wrong and possibly text since only a handful of smashers can talk anyways. Maybe Chrom's an exception who knows haha.

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
Hm well I was in the same boat as everyone else with the whole Mario Party vibe theme (And Candy Crush but lets not speak of that lol) but Matt's words make me think a bit otherwise. I just can't seem to place where these lines of Chrom he speaks of would fit. And the way he speaks of it makes me think 'voiced lines' but I could be wrong and possibly text since only a handful of smashers can talk anyways. Maybe Chrom's an exception who knows haha.
Candy Crush...? Whaaaaa?
That's totally not a board game... you mean Candy Land?

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Candy Crush...? Whaaaaa?
That's totally not a board game... you mean Candy Land?
lol yeah I'm mainly thinking of the board layout and how every ten levels there's like a different 'arc/episode' type thing but yeah kinda just got the app on my phone so likely not the best comparison to go for haha.

I do like the possibility of this board game mode having a certain nintendo theme every certain number of levels or 'section'. Maybe round off with a boss/stage hazard, just spouting ideas lol

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
What if the board game is similar to Mario Baseball? You go around collecting smashers to join your ranks before you fight the final boss?

Bob Sanchez

Smash Rookie

Very interesting. Hopefully this thursday direct sheds a lot more light on the new modes. I can just imagine a grumpy Chrom in a cutscene with Robin using his final smash lol

Top Bottom