• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Amazon leaked....

nathanrayman

Smash Cadet
Source:
http://www.amazon.com/Super-Smash-Bros-Nintendo-Wii-U/dp/B00DD0B0BM

Read the
Product Description.

"Battle it out as Nintendo’s greatest heroes on the Wii U console
Face off against the biggest roster of Nintendo all-stars ever assembled! Send your rivals flying with powerful attacks to earn all-new customizations and equipment that trick out your fighter’s moves and stats. Then power-up and train intelligent amiibo figures* to take on your friends!

The multiplayer showdown** you know and love is now on the Wii U console! Take on all comers as Mario, Mega Man, Sonic, and more gaming greats. Or tap an amiibo* to the Wii U GamePad controller to train it up by battling with or against it. You can even pit your amiibo against a friends’ to see how your training methods stack up. Whether you’re creating stages on the GamePad, competing in challenges crafted by Master Hand and Crazy Hand, or outwitting your opponents in a brand new board game mode, there’s no doubt that the ultimate Smash Bros. game has arrived.

*amiibo figures sold separately

** Broadband Internet access required for online play. Learn more at support.nintendo.com."

Last edited:

Metal B

Smash Journeyman
Battle it out as Nintendo’s greatest heroes on the Wii U console
Face off against the biggest roster of Nintendo all-stars ever assembled! Send your rivals flying with powerful attacks to earn all-new customizations and equipment that trick out your fighter’s moves and stats. Then power-up and train intelligent amiibo figures* to take on your friends!

The multiplayer showdown** you know and love is now on the Wii U console! Take on all comers as Mario, Mega Man, Sonic, and more gaming greats. Or tap an amiibo* to the Wii U GamePad controller to train it up by battling with or against it. You can even pit your amiibo against a friends’ to see how your training methods stack up. Whether you’re creating stages on the GamePad, competing in challenges crafted by Master Hand and Crazy Hand, or outwitting your opponents in a brand new board game mode, there’s no doubt that the ultimate Smash Bros. game has arrived.

*amiibo figures sold separately

** Broadband Internet access required for online play. Learn more at support.nintendo.com.
Yeah, Stage Builder =)
I hope with Online-Sharing and actually being good this time around.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
So... the true potential of Smash is a board game?

Last edited:

LuigiBlood

Smash Rookie
That is Smash World. The Italian name of Smash World is translated as "Board Smash". So I guess this is it. It outright kills the leak once and for all.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Is this truly enough to stand up to the character hype of the 3DS version? Will this truly convince the casual market to buy a Wii U and Smash Wii U over a cheaper system and the cheaper version of the game(I am getting Smash Wii U regardless, but I would like to see a turn for the better for the Wii U). Unless there is more... Such as an adventure mode or an equivalent to Smash Run... I don't see this being enough to draw in the casual market.....

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
Is this truly enough to stand up to the character hype of the 3DS version? Will this truly convince the casual market to buy a Wii U and Smash Wii U over a cheaper system and the cheaper version of the game(I am getting Smash Wii U regardless, but I would like to see a turn for the better for the Wii U). Unless there is more... Such as an adventure mode or an equivalent to Smash Run... I don't see this being enough to draw in the casual market.....
Smash Run sux tho.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I really hope Stage Builder is a lot more varied and unique compared to Brawl! Brawl had the right idea, but weak execution. Too few themes, too few variety in hazards and other kinds of things.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
So that suggests that Master / Crazy Orders and the Board game mode are separate. I assume the board game is basically Mario Party Smash Bros Edition, with the "minigames" basically being akin to the Smash Run final battles, which might be hilarious. I assume you can probably collect stats like in Smash Run, too.

Last edited:

Speculator

Smash Ace
Excited for Stage Builder, hopefully it won't be terrible again. Master/Crazy Orders sounds like some kind of event mode to me.

zferolie

Smash Hero
There could be more. I still think some characters that will be out first on wii u for a week unless you link up. Makes sense from a hyping PoV

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I don't know what to feel about this o.o

AIM0001

Smash Lord
This is a great find! When did they add this info to the description?? I pre ordered my Smash on Amazon last week and do not remember seeing this....I'm so hyped and intrigued and uuuh confused cuz this may mean the TOS is false and the leaks credibility for me personally has went down some...It all comes down to the leakers DLC info and stage roster list now.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Smash Bros as a board game? Sounds logical TBH: Considering how trophies can work well as the pawns (and by a character of your choice), I'd be all down for this. Perhaps we'd have fights go down like Mario Party's minigames and the one who collects most something (Stats?) would be the winner at the end. Hope we get many kinds of boards to the mix.

I think this would solidify the casual and wacky nature of the series to it's best core while at it. Now to hope they don't mess this mode up like Smash Run (lack of customization and options for the mode).

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I hope the Master and Crazy orders are sort of like MMO quests where they appoint you to fulfill some kind of task for rewards. Master Hand will give you simple and reasonable tasks like 'Win 5 games as Kirby' for a moderate amount of rewards while Crazy Hand will give you wacky tasks like 'Kill Wario 3 times by throwing him into Halberd's laser while playing as pink King Dedede' for a much higher amount of rewards. It has a lot of potential in my opinion.

Stage Builder I don't give a **** about though, doesn't matter if it has Gamepad functionality or has a lot more backgrounds and set pieces than in Brawl, if it limits the amount of space you can put pieces next to each other anywhere near as much as in Brawl it's a total bust again. Smash World being a board game doesn't sound super exciting either, it's bound to end up as very gimmicky which usually results in it having little replayability.

None of these things are why I play Smash though, so it's not like I'm questioning why I should buy it, with the 3DS version at hand I've learned just how much I value a console Smash.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Whatever the board game is, I hope it has online. (Pleaseeeee)
People liked that?
I sort of liked it, but not enough to play 25 times to get all trophies. It was much more enjoyable than SSE IMHO. In fact, I seriously hated SSE.

Last edited:

Raido

Smash Apprentice
People liked that?
The Mario, Zelda and F-Zero Parts were very cool. An adventure mode with more stages like this would be awesome.

But SSE is still the best!

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, stage builder on gamepad is a thing (they better have you access to stage assests because I would love having those for the possible Paper Mario one :) )

Smash is now monopoly ("choose a build" and "ticket selection").

And I think I got what the order meant.

Anyone play one of the first 3 Paper Mario game? (if you played the fourth, my sympathy). Because I think I can explain my interpretationof it with something I saw in the series.

Basically, you had the option to pay a fee to get a "curse" or a "charm" and you had the choice of usually 3 packs each of them offering different RNG for different time. They normally help you, but the help is the RNG.

Here, it would be a set of challenge where you have the choice between 2 RNG pack.

That's how I interpret it.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Very cool! I hope the board game, whatever it is, is fun. Could be a great new way to play the game.

Also, man, the GamePad will be a *much* better way of building stages.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
So does this mean 8 player Smash is also not happening because if you scroll down on the Amazon page it says up to 4 PLAYERS and not 8???

Raido

Smash Apprentice
It's much better than a smash bored game. Everyone i knew liked it when melee was released so I don't understand where that came from.
Please tell us more about the Smash Board Mode, since you've already played it.

rangergage

Smash Rookie
I really hope stage builder takes some cues from Mario Maker and has an intuitive interface.

Reader

Smash Apprentice
Why is Sakurai doing this? Smash bros Wii U will destroy all my social relations with people who don't play video games. A mix of smash bros and mario party will destroy my relations with gaming people. We're all doomed.

Top Bottom