• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amazing Edgeguard!!!

bottles vs mumbo

Smash Cadet
in a rolled up newspaper by the side of the road
watch 7:45 into the video
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=V0u3sUOShcI
UPDATE: This is a edgeguarding tecnique that toon link can do. it is not easy to do, but can be perfected with a little practice. It is a great way to get a kill, and can gimp many unsuspecting oppositions.
hopefully more tl's will use this. it is pretty well hidden from most players, for some obscure reason. btw most of the other tecs in the vid work for tl

credit to izaw for the video.

(original post below)

The last scene shows links zair edgeguard
i was wondering whether this can be used by toon link. if so, then it should be well known to all toon link mains. it would be a great way to get a kill, especially against characters like marth.

although this tech is already discovered it is not well known/practiced.

so to sum it all up:

1) watch the video
2) post if this can be done as toon link (zair edgeguard at the end)
3) spread the word

Sakki

Smash Cadet
Still a good video, i hadn't thought of that.

And i wasn't aware of the neat things link could do, gonna try to see if they work for TLink as well.

Link Lord

Smash Journeyman
In a place where people are tortured endlessly and
i was searching smashboards and i happend to come across a video made by Izaw

The last scene shows links zair edgeguard
i was wondering whether this can be used by toon link. if so, then it should be well known to all toon link mains. it would be a great way to get a kill, especially against characters like marth.

although this tech is already discovered it is not well known/practiced.

so to sum it all up:

1) watch the video
2) post if this can be done as toon link (zair edgeguard at the end)
3) spread the word
Yes. Anyone with a tether recovery can.

Izaw

Smash Ace
I can tell right now that, Yes. The Zair Edgeguarding works as good with Toon Link as it does with Link. And it's a great tech if you just learn to time it right. Master it and even Ike can't touch you ;)

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Not only that but this trick can be used to stall on the edge with invincibility fames in tact. It leaves your opponent guessing when you will get back onto the stage. True you can only do this trick 3 times but no one is stopping you from jumping up after the first or second stall. Your opponent may make an attempt at attacking you but due to your invincibility frames this will be either really difficult or impossible.

So this makes for a great edge guard and edge stall.

Izaw

Smash Ace
Not only that but this trick can be used to stall on the edge with invincibility fames in tact. It leaves your opponent guessing when you will get back onto the stage. True you can only do this trick 3 times but no one is stopping you from jumping up after the first or second stall. Your opponent may make an attempt at attacking you but due to your invincibility frames this will be either really difficult or impossible.

So this makes for a great edge guard and edge stall.
That's right, it's really good for mindgamez ;d

Top Bottom