• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amazing Discovery!

10electro01

Smash Rookie
Well today i was playing around with toon links bombs (i love doing his side taunt while next to someone and the bombs about to explode. I call it a car bomb since you cant see the bomb) and you know how if you throw a bomb backwords it goes faster and you have less lagg?

Well I jumped up, did the backwords throw and kept moving in the same direction as the bomb. Then I pressed A again and caught the bomb in mid-air.

I went and tested this out online and it is really good for mind games and getting some damage. Most people will shield to stop the bomb and this will leave them open for you to throw the bomb again or follow open with other attacks. Also if they get used to you doing this and stop shielding when you throw bombs, just let one or two go and they will have a bad day.

EDIT: I call it the bomb shuffle or the BS

10electro01

Smash Rookie
No i did think it was new because i have never seen it before. Sorry that I dont live and breathe toon link news.

Kilikan

Smash Apprentice
We dont give a **** if you live and breathe toon link news or not. The fact of the matter is, check the forums before you post, as is required of all SB users, and you will be fine.

Crew

Smash Apprentice
Kilikan, double check your tampon. It looks like your PMS is raging right now.

It's new to me. Then again, I don't check this site daily.

Cooper736

Smash Journeyman
We dont give a **** if you live and breathe toon link news or not. The fact of the matter is, check the forums before you post, as is required of all SB users, and you will be fine.
Said the Smash Child. Cut him some slack. He did what the rules told him to do, which was search for related threads, and couldn't find any. If you have the time to sift through pages of threads to find something like this, go ahead, but others of us have lives.

Back on topic, it's a decent find. My problem with it is if you catch your bomb traveling backwards, won't you be away from your opponent? How would you hit them?

Kilikan

Smash Apprentice
Said the Smash Child. Cut him some slack. He did what the rules told him to do, which was search for related threads, and couldn't find any. If you have the time to sift through pages of threads to find something like this, go ahead, but others of us have lives.

Back on topic, it's a decent find. My problem with it is if you catch your bomb traveling backwards, won't you be away from your opponent? How would you hit them?
Said the Smash n00b. I told him to be more thorough nicely and he retorted with sarcasm; i'm not going to candy coat something, especially for someone breaking the rules.

Crew

Smash Apprentice
Why, because I expect others to follow the same rules that i'm expected to? Get over yourself .
Look at you. This is a video game message board.

Get over myself? Speak for yourself champ, the self-acclaimed Smashboards police captain.

10electro01

Smash Rookie
Why, because I expect others to follow the same rules that i'm expected to? Get over yourself.

Said the Smash n00b. I told him to be more thorough nicely and he retorted with sarcasm; i'm not going to candy coat something, especially for someone breaking the rules.
I wasnt even talking to you when i said i dont live and breathe TL news, i was talking to zanmato. I didnt break the rules because I searched the word bomb in the TL forum and I couldnt find anything talking about what i found.

At cooper, Weel what i do is i face away from them before i jump, so when im jumping backwords im actually jumping towards them.

$nuggles

Smash Journeyman
Why, because I expect others to follow the same rules that i'm expected to? Get over yourself.

Kilikan stop being an ******* and just tell him it was posted before. I would hardly call this break the rules. Not everyone checks every single thread for small detail. Lighten up. I doubt even the mods care.

10electro01

Smash Rookie
Why are we even fighting about wether or not something has been posted before in a video game forum?

Kilikan

Smash Apprentice
Look at you. This is a video game message board.

Get over myself? Speak for yourself champ, the self-acclaimed Smashboards police captain.
I didn't "Self-acclaim" anything, much less "Smashboards police captain." You are completely backwards if you think that rules don't matter on a video game message board, because if there werent any then... Well... It wouldn't be a video game message board now would it? I told him to be more thorough, in an understanding and kind mannor the first time, and when he retorted I told him 'how it was'.

That said, I'll be the bigger man, and ask that you PM me if you want to continue this; because there's no reason to keep giving a topic unwarrented attention.

10electro01

Smash Rookie
I didn't "Self-acclaim" anything, much less "Smashboards police captain." You are completely backwards if you think that rules don't matter on a video game message board, because if there werent any then... Well... It wouldn't be a video game message board now would it? I told him to be more thorough, in an understanding and kind mannor the first time, and when he retorted I told him 'how it was'.

That said, I'll be the bigger man, and ask that you PM me if you want to continue this; because there's no reason to keep giving a topic unwarrented attention.

So in your mind "Just kill me now. This is old info." is understanding and kind? and i never retorted at you. I just told Zanmato that i did in fact think it was new and that I didnt know it had been said once because i dont live on these forums. When i post a topic i search the keyword from it, scan threads to see if i can find my idea, and if not i post it.

Crew

Smash Apprentice
I don't think anyone buys that BS.

I believe it was me who defended someone against an angry douche. I guess the bigger man is me =P

I'm done with this topic. Later. Cool find.

Stimpy

Smash Apprentice

You should have done that in the first place Kilibaby :[

MIRN

Smash Cadet
Actually, I find someone discovering techniques that they did not read about on a forum first commendable, but that's just me. I understand the need to keep redundant posts at a minimum, but it was not as if this was something widely talked about to the point that his post is detracting from the forum.

Anyway, good work Electro, and keep rockin' the TL. :)

Twilit

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the news, I just got here, didn't know that.

And yeah, Kilikan, you've got 47 posts, and have been here under a month. You do not have mod powers. I've been here 5 minutes and know that.

Kilikan

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the news, I just got here, didn't know that.

And yeah, Kilikan, you've got 47 posts, and have been here under a month. You do not have mod powers. I've been here 5 minutes and know that.
How many posts I have here and the amount of time i've spent here are completely irrelevant; did you even stop to read half the stuff that I and others wrote pertaining to the topic in the five minutes you've been here or did you just gloss over and decide you'd put in your two-cents? This is a dead-beat topic, and it's old information. The Character threads are supposed to be a compendium of knowledge and a place where people can ask questions, however that doesn't mean that we need to post the same thing everytime we dont see it in the first page or in our first search. The situation is over with, and in no way are you a part of it, so stop reviving old topics, PM me if you want to *****, and butt out. You've been in here five minutes and already you're looking to start a pissing contest? please..

Twilit

Smash Rookie
How many posts I have here and the amount of time i've spent here are completely irrelevant; did you even stop to read half the stuff that I and others wrote pertaining to the topic in the five minutes you've been here or did you just gloss over and decide you'd put in your two-cents? This is a dead-beat topic, and it's old information. The Character threads are supposed to be a compendium of knowledge and a place where people can ask questions, however that doesn't mean that we need to post the same thing everytime we dont see it in the first page or in our first search. The situation is over with, and in no way are you a part of it, so stop reviving old topics, PM me if you want to *****, and butt out. You've been in here five minutes and already you're looking to start a pissing contest? please..
No, actually, I did read all of your posts where you brutally flamed the kid because the Search Function didn't bring up something for him. You acted like you invented the forum, and decided to try to attack the kid for a simple mistake. You could have just as easily said "It's old news" and link him to the thread that it was informed in, let the thread die, and skip this whole thing. But you had to try and act cool by mindlessly insulting the kid.

I'm sure you've made mistakes, too. Everyone has, you don't need to uberflame them for it.

kilikan said:
many posts I have here and the amount of time i've spent here are completely irrelevant
kilikan said:
You've been in here five minutes and already you're looking to start a pissing contest? please..
Well apparently it is relevant when convenient for you.

Drack

Smash Apprentice
Ha, this is a fun technique.

Its nice that you do a fair as well.

Doesn't seem THAT useful (not much you can do when you're holding a bomb) but definitely a fun technique, old or not.

ExplosiveDuck

Smash Rookie
Kilikan, people like you are the people that ruin the boards.

He didn't break a rule because he couldn't find a topic regarding this technique. He was trying to help out the community by posting something he found that was new to him.

I didn't know about it, and I'm not the kind of person who will read every topic on the board to read the techniques, so thanks for teaching me something new about Toon Link.

And again, Kilikan, if you're not going to contribute to the topic at hand / the board in general then just don't post.

Finch

Smash Lord
How the hell are you supposed to search for this? I doubt "throw a bomb backwards and then catch it immediately" would come up with anything on the search function. Try getting the sand out of your ******.

Dewp

Smash Rookie
Saying that you'll be the "bigger man" defeats the purpose completely.

To OP: Nice little trick, sounds good for mind games.

TheNoga

Smash Rookie
I lol'd at "I'll be the bigger man"

I can't think of a bigger waste of time.

RikyuXz.~

Smash Apprentice
guys... chilll... its a stupid argument anyways. =.="
ANYWAY..(back on topic) Great find. I didn't know this before. It seems like it'll be a great addition to TL's metagame. Great job^^

ps: even though it might be already discovered (which i actually did not know) it informs other players of the move that didn't know before. So yeh.

And kilikan, its k. its just the TL forums man. its okay if you already knew. just give him some slack.. he's new on the boards ^^

zifn15

Smash Cadet
just to add on to possible "discoveries" it seams that Toon Link can pull out a max of 2 bombs at once. I saw this while bomb juggling (sorry if this is old news though).

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
Just to tell the most of you: post counts don't really matter. It only matters if you know wut the f*** your doing.

10electro01: I honestly think your being attacked coz yer a n00b. Don't worry, it happens to everyone hahaha
It's not a new find, coz it's just 2 Techniques put together (Item Catch and DI put together).
Kilikan: Dude, you didn't have to be an a** you know hahaha

Top Bottom