• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Am I The Only One Who ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Wulfe

Smash Cadet
NNID
WulfSight
Who uses Up B to spike people when recovering ? I'm almost positive i'm not , but I hardly see anyone attempt it . If you're right above the ledge and Up B we know you snap , but if they try to challenge your range will snatch them and send them straight down below stage . If this has been covered feel free to lock the thread , just haven't really seen it anywhere else . This can make recovering a lot safer, instilling fear tactics . It's a nasty spike .

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Who uses Up B to spike people when recovering ? I'm almost positive i'm not , but I hardly see anyone attempt it . If you're right above the ledge and Up B we know you snap , but if they try to challenge your range will snatch them and send them straight down below stage . If this has been covered feel free to lock the thread , just haven't really seen it anywhere else . This can make recovering a lot safer, instilling fear tactics . It's a nasty spike .
People tend to recover low vs me because Cloud can't really go low and because Cloud's N-Air is like the best gimping aerial in the game. I don't see many people challenge me straight out in the air, but regularly if they do they will eat N-Air to N-Air and die.

TheGoodGuava

Smash Ace
People tend to recover low vs me because Cloud can't really go low and because Cloud's N-Air is like the best gimping aerial in the game. I don't see many people challenge me straight out in the air, but regularly if they do they will eat N-Air to N-Air and die
Isn't nair a semispike at some point?

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Isn't nair a semispike at some point?
Not quite but I get what you mean. It can send at low angles downwards, and that's how you should be using it to gimp. If you're able to catch someone's double jump with the low angle knockback of N-Air it's basically a stock on most chars.

Guimartgon

Smash Apprentice
I've only done it in friendlies, otherwise I kinda just Nair if their recovery is telegraphed, if not I enjoy just sticking our auto-canceling Dair on the ledge every so often, this pops people up and may make them feel forced to recover horizontally, which, as Raykz said earlier, can be very easy to beat out. Both Nair and Dair are nice cause they don't make you lose control of the edge by making you go too far.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's pretty risky for me but I do make the attempt only when I'm playing with friends.

Otherwise, I only use his forward air for the unexpected spike or down air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom