• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Am I the only one who thinks that Smash Tour is fun?

Is Smash Tour fun?

• I <3 Smash Tour.

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • "Yes, Smash Tour is fun." Said no one ever.

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Smash Tour can be fun but there is still some improving to do.

Votes: 23 46.9%

• Total voters

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
I think everyone can agree that Smash Tour is very reminiscent to Mario Party. The Mario Party series in general is very fun because of how it is structured. At the end of every turn the players had to do a minigame.

I think that Smash Tour can have potential at being fun and like any party game, it makes no sense to be playing a it by yourself.

Based on the reviews Smash Wii U has received (which most of them are 9s and a few 8.5s and 10s), when the reviewer refers to Smash Tour, the reviewer states that Smash Tour is sub par compared to the other content the game has. Usually in these reviews, Smash Tour doesn't take a massive toll on the overall experience of the game (which I agree wholeheartedly) but still it could use some improvement.

In my opinion, I believe that although Smash Tour is fun (specially with four people), the mode could use some improvement. The way that I think it could improve would be by:

-Adding online play for up to 4 people

-Adding up to 8 players locally

-Making each turn end with a random fight instead of "if a Mii bumps onto another Mii, then everyone fights".

What do you guys think? Is Smash Tour fun or not? If you could improve Smash Tour, how would you do it?

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
It's okay. I don't love it but I haven't played with humans yet. I don't think it's a suitable replacement for an adventure mode.

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
It's okay. I don't love it but I haven't played with humans yet. I don't think it's a suitable replacement for an adventure mode.

I haven't played it with humans either but I really like the concept.

And yes, Adventure Mode will be dearly missed.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It looks like the opposite of Smash Run - questionable worth in single player, but a grand old time if you get four friends together.

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
It looks like the opposite of Smash Run - questionable worth in single player, but a grand old time if you get four friends together.
That's the thing though is getting people together to play this mode. In this day and age, its kinda hard to get people together to have fun because they always have an online game to play from their homes, which in itself is a very sad thing in our society.

I still remember back in the 90s where you could easily get people together to play a match or two of Smash 64 or WWF No Mercy or Mario Kart 64 etc...

Seems like the only way to get people together now is at college parties.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well that's exactly it's problem. You absolutely need to gather up some friends to enjoy Smash Tour, where as Smash Run is actually really fun in single player. And while it's flawed as a multiplayer experience, Smash Run is still fun in multiplayer. I mean, it's no LESS fun than in single player, it's just kinda pointless to play multiplayer in it when you could just be playing regular matches, since Smash Run forces you to play alone for 5 minutes even if you play with friends.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Smash Tour, with my 2 other friends, was pretty enjoyable as far as I was concerned. A bit underwhelming but honestly not that bad or hard to figure out if you experiment with it. It's mixed though, for sure.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
I just had 9 friends over this past weekend to play SSB4. Smash Tour was pretty fun as a group. Took a round or two before people got the hang of what was going on (this mode REALLY needs the option for a tutorial round a la Wii Sports, not text instructions). Once people knew what they were doing it got pretty heated. Folks (myself included) were getting awfully salty, just like Mario Party. It's no Smash mode, but it's definitely a neat, worthwhile diversion.

Oilpath99

Smash Cadet
I love Smash Tour, its so fun, especially with friends. I like it much more than Smash Run on the 3DS version.

Event Mode is still the best though.

FireOfExile

Smash Cadet
NNID
fireofexile
3DS FC
2363-5961-4897
I haven't played with friends yet but I enjoy it solo and I can imagine it being a lot of fun with friends.

I just wish I didn't suck at it. Because for whatever reason, I am absolutely horrible at it.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I did the challenges, it's such a disappointment everything is totally random and way way too fast.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I haven't played with friends yet but I enjoy it solo and I can imagine it being a lot of fun with friends.

I just wish I didn't suck at it. Because for whatever reason, I am absolutely horrible at it.
It's not that you suck, it's that the CPU plays really, really dirty and the "luck" based elements of the mode seem to be deliberately set up to screw over human players.

FireOfExile

Smash Cadet
NNID
fireofexile
3DS FC
2363-5961-4897
It's not that you suck, it's that the CPU plays really, really dirty and the "luck" based elements of the mode seem to be deliberately set up to screw over human players.
Since about a week ago I played twice with the same two friends. I lost both of them. I think I play it a bit too aggressively. I'm always trying to attack other players on the board whenever I get the chance.

I did do a lot worse to computers, though.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
The Mario Party series in general is very fun
I'm sorry man, but I don't think you and I will ever be able to see eye-to-eye.

In all seriousness, that's probably why I don't like Smash Tour. I hate Mario Party just as much, if not more.

Last edited:

Ferblantier

Smash Apprentice
In my opinion, Smash Tour is all of the randomness, screw-overs, and general BS of Mario Party, but none of the fun.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
One thing I've learned about Smash Tour: having Olimar in the Final Battle pretty much guarantees a victory, at least against CPUs. I have scored 10+ points both times that I got to use him. He is just a KO machine for some reason.

Ferblantier

Smash Apprentice
One thing I've learned about Smash Tour: having Olimar in the Final Battle pretty much guarantees a victory, at least against CPUs. I have scored 10+ points both times that I got to use him. He is just a KO machine for some reason.
Maybe it's the ridiculous grab range.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I didn't even use grabs really. Mostly up and down smashes. Any hits with a purple Pikmin are devastating. I think I may have had somewhat decent attack stats both times.

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
I'm sorry man, but I don't think you and I will ever be able to see eye-to-eye.

In all seriousness, that's probably why I don't like Smash Tour. I hate Mario Party just as much, if not more.

Just because we have different opinions does not mean that we cant speak face-to-face. Who knows, maybe we have a lot in common or maybe not.

As for your opinion, if you don't like Mario Party then you will most definitely dislike Smash Tour because I already stated in the OP that it needs work to be as fun as other Party games.

When referred to Mario Party being fun in general I was for the most part referring to the first 2 Mario Party games, when the series was at its prime (sorry if I wasnt clear on the OP). After Mario Party 3, the series has been in a constant decline with average to above average games and it simply didnt appeal to me anymore so I dropped the series years ago. You could say that Smash Tour makes me feel a little nostalgic but nostalgia alone wont make Smash Tour to be a big stand-out in my book, even thought it was fun at the beginning.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Pretty sure that's just you having a good Strength Boost in that run. Everyone is a KO machine with buffed Strength.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I prefer Mario Party 2 to Smash Tour. The tried to replicate the game's formula, but it didn't translate well into Smash Bros. I think this is more of due to a lack of variety in the matches. The only difference is usually just a different type of item spawning at the high rate. Also, this is more annoying than fun.
This is very similar to how they tried to replicate Kirby Air Ride into Smash Bros with Smash Run but Kirby Air Ride is still better imo. Although, I would glady have accepted a Smash Run in the Wii U version since it's still pretty fun and makes for a fun way to get money.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
I thought I would hate the mode when I first saw it, but I eventually gave it a try and had a blast with my friends.

I have some things that I'd like tweaked/added though:

-In the final battle, I'd love if the time could be increased. Sometimes we have so many fighters that we don't even get through 2-3.

-Also regarding the final battle, it'd be great if we could set it to stock only instead if a time battle. I really don't like timed battles, and I think it'd be fun to be able to toggle it to stock to see if the person with the least amount of fighters can pull out the ultimate comeback. (That and stock matches are just amazing in general)

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
Smash Tour is very funny when you play along with some friend. The amount of chaos and smashing can be quite enjoyable, but when you play alone against CPU is just frustrating. I've still 2 challenge to go, the kill the boss one and the metroid, and in like 10 games I've seen only 2 bosses and only 1 metroid...

HerrAlex

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerrAlex
I really enjoy Smash Tour. I have yet to play with real people (almost none of my friends are interested in Smash...) but it's fun trying to rack up fighters. Of course it could always be improved but I can't really see anything negative about it apart from being a bit messy.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm sorry but I really prefer Smash Run over Smash Tour because it's more fun and enjoyable while Smash Tour is the complete opposite of that.

And I feel like the Mario Party series is getting worse and worse in my opinion.

Top Bottom