• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Am I the only one who prefers Ganondorf to remain a clone?

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
His cloned moveset was the reason I fell in love with cloned Dorf. I orgasm at his ariel attacks. Espeically his spike. His attacks had good priority considering he wasn't a swordsman.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Probably. His cloned moves simply do not suit him at all - hes in no way connected to Captain Falcon, and as his own character he has so much potential (hes a Sorcerer and a swordsman, and hes empowered by the Triforce of Power; there are so many more things he could be doing than those basic physical attacks hes stuck with from the Captain). For him to be left as a clone is an absolute travesty.

Zevox

IPb0mb3r

Smash Cadet
His cloned moveset was the reason I fell in love with cloned Dorf. I orgasm at his ariel attacks. Espeically his spike. His attacks had good priority considering he wasn't a swordsman.
Acctilly he was origanaly a swordsman. try turning on the Ganondorf always has his sword. when you attack he uses the sword. like beem sword. and I hated the clone thing. moatly cuz he was from capten falcon. he was the easyest to KO. witch made ganon easy too.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Acctilly he was origanaly a swordsman. try turning on the Ganondorf always has his sword. when you attack he uses the sword. like beem sword. and I hated the clone thing. moatly cuz he was from capten falcon. he was the easyest to KO. witch made ganon easy too.
I know Ganondorf uses a sword in the Zelda sword or some other weapon in the Zelda games. I'm saying that his cloned moveset has good priority for a Smash character that doesn't uses a weapon

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
His cloned move set was horrible, and didn't reflect his character at all.

Honestly, the 2nd biggest Nintendo villain should really have his own move set. Most of his A moves are new, which is a plus. I'm especially fond of the new " SPARTAAAA" kick ( xP) We've only saw one of his B moves, and it's completely new. Hopefully the rest are new.If his signature energy ball is missing, then I'm extremely disappointed in Sakurai.

:034:

Smash Hero
I'm happy. They changed some of his moves, which is nice. He still has the Warlock Punch, probably. So I'm happy.

Zevox

Smash Lord
He still has the Warlock Punch, probably.
Ugh, I certainly hope not. Thats the single most distinctly Captain Falcon move they could possibly give him. If even just one more of his specials has been changed, I hope and pray it is that one.

Zevox

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
I was just about to make a thread like this! Ganondorf was my main in Melee, and I'm not sure if that would have been the case this time around if he wasn't a clone. He might not end up being my main this time around either way, but for the time being I'm happy about it.

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
I actually enjoyed Ganondorf as a CF clone in Melee. I really liked his moveset and his play style (which was different than CF). While he remains a clone, I really don't see a big deal. Rather, as long his play style is different than Falcon, he still is his own character, not a clone. While it is a bit disappointing to see animations re-hashed, clones aren't a bad thing really. You can argue every parent/clone character pair played quite differently (except maybe Doc and Mario) so they weren't really the same at all.

Quarter

Smash Cadet
I actually really love how similar he is to the captain, but he is different in so many ways at the same time.
I <3 his aerials.
4 realz

fuuzball317

Smash Apprentice
i like him as a clone, maybe with a couple new moves like a sword based move, but other than that, I loved his moveset from melee, he was a more powerful falcon

crotch protector

Smash Apprentice
while i enjoyed his clone moveset in melee, i thought that in brawl he would get what he deserves, and he deserves a **** load more than being the skip's second rate double.

Azura

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I prefer him as a Falcon clone too, Luigified or not. If he was given a sword I seriously just would not use him.

Blackadder

Smash Master
For any true Zelda fan, Ganondorf is supposed to be either of two things: A sword user or a magic projectiles user. In Brawl, he is neither. And as such he is incorrect.
I know where you're coming from. This is what gets me as well.
On one hand, it'd be more like him to use magic or a sword... on the other hand, I do like his cloned moveset. And in Brawl, it's a little different even.

I guess I'm fine with it. Means I should be able to pick him up and pwn instantly. But it'd be nice to have a sword...

fantasyfreak999

Smash Rookie
What I was really hoping for was that Samurai Goroh would take the cloned moveset and that Ganondorf would get his own moves, but my hopes were dashed when Goroh turned into an AT. I'm glad that the Falcon clone moveset is back, since it was very fun to play with, but I'm unhappy that it's still with Ganondorf.

Wizard99

Smash Journeyman
He's way cooler as a luigified falcon clone. imo
Still miss the giant broad sword though :(

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I really don't why they didn't de-clone Ganon, and include Black Shadow into the roster. Black Shadow would take on Ganon's old move set very well. Suits him a lot better than Ganon

It would have also given F-Zero 2 reps. He could have taken Wolf's place as the last clone.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I wanted him to use a sword, cause It opened a lot of possibilities for ganon to be even better in smash...

but after seeing him as a clone... I decided i dont care, I like ganon as he is in melee, and with the new tweaks in brawl, hes gonna be awesome...

also I think sakurai left him clone so the guys that used him in melee dont have to start from scratch again...

Emokirby4

Smash Cadet
No you're not the only one. Obviously Sakurai is with you. I don't mind the B moves being the same, but the fact that the Final Smash is the same makes me loose faith in the Brawl team. Mind you the game is going to be great, but it's a shame to see the Lord of all Evil racing in a Ganon shaped F-Zero machine.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
You could have ANYONE with his moveset, and you'd still love it. So why does it matter? Give Ganondorf a moveset that fits his character from the franchise. Anyone could take the cloned Falcon moveset...

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
As a melee clone he was great. In Brawl he might be worse but ill still try to main him. Like I said in another thread, Ganon's sword should been at least added to his aerials to make up for the lag.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf's moveset was wonderful in Melee. He was my favorite character to play after Link. Regardless of where the animations came from, his general style of play suited him perfectly. I don't get why everyone is so obsessed with swords...Ganondorf is a dark wizard, not a swordsman. He'd have just been Ike if he had a giant sword like in Twilight Princess. The only thing I didn't like were the specials, which were lame and useless aside from the down-B (I'm sad they didn't replace them with some more magic-y stuff).

Unfortunately, it looks like they took away everything that made it awesome for Brawl. I've been watching some videos, and it looks like the lag on his aerials was practically tripled, which defeats the entire point of his playstyle. Also he's ugly as sin.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Also he's ugly as sin.
. . . .

Did you even SEE Ganon's honker of a nose in Melee? He could stand directly across from Pinocchio and poke him in the eye with that thing.

Plus he has a receding hairline.

Brawl Ganondorf has nearly JET BLACK skin, a beard, stylish headgear, and armor. He's the definition of "beautiful".

DQP

Smash Ace
ya ganon is pretty awesome, but it is too bad he doesn't have a sword.
still, i'm used to ganon's clone-y nature, so i'm cool with that.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
If you like Ganondorf as a clone you don't like Ganondorf period.

Locke66

Smash Cadet
Ganon with the sword he used in TP would have been amazing... but I'm glad that he's still a clone. I would have dearly missed stomping people to oblivion if he was given a completely new moveset.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Same here... but I hope he isn't too different from Melee (as in slower... I know he is, but I hope he won't be the new Bowser)

True Fool

Smash Ace
I'm okay with it. I was kinda hoping that he would gain a projectile, but I don't hate his semi-cloned moveset. The sword would have been interesting, but I'm not sure if I would have preferred it.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
. . . .

Did you even SEE Ganon's honker of a nose in Melee? He could stand directly across from Pinocchio and poke him in the eye with that thing.

Plus he has a receding hairline.

Brawl Ganondorf has nearly JET BLACK skin, a beard, stylish headgear, and armor. He's the definition of "beautiful".
Too true.
Ganondorf's model in Melee annoyed the hell out of me. His mouth creeped me out whenever he did a Warlock Punch. D:

TP Ganon looks menacing. His model, combined with his TP voice is probably why he'll be my secondary this time around.

Top Bottom