• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Am I the only one who doesn't think the links are annoying?

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
As a game and watch main, I think they're pretty easy. Everyone says he is the perfect counter for him. I can punish their projectile walls with the turtle easily. And everyone knows they both need projectiles to win.

I think Zelda is far more annoying than Link/Toon link. Her smash attacks out-prioritize turtle, her up smash out-prioritizes key and Dins fire make her hard to approach.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Zelda can't hit you if you space your turtle well.

Toon Link is tough b/c there's not much you can do against his projectiles and GaW is rather light, so TL can finish him rather easily. Not to mention the fact, that he outranges you.

Link is easier b/c he dies earlier and lacks pace

Dj Chopin

Smash Apprentice
link is HARD. im serious. i was studying the matchup in some friendlies last night after i lost my ladder games to the same link that beat me last time (ranked lower than me i might add). he is heavy, his grab can actually punish turtles unless you land AS FAR AS POSSIBLE away from him after, which reduces the chance of doing as much damage with it in the first place. link does not have to work as hard as you in this matchup.

is olimar as good a counter to link as he is to toon link?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Link is very easy because he just dies once he's off the stage. Toon Link is harder, but you can D-throw D-smash him for easy kills. Zelda like Link has bad recovery and Bucket deters Din's Fire spam

Top Bottom