• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Am I Annoying? Or are they Salty?

kingdark519

Smash Apprentice
Hi, sometimes when I play with people, they get annoyed with me, and I’m not sure if it’s because I have some sort of behavioral problem, or if they’re just getting rekt. (Tis’ but a joke) For example, the other day, me and my brother were playing Ultimate, it was like our seventh game in a row, and I had won five of them, he was Plant, and I was Ness, I sent him down to the center of the stage with my dair, landed, then forward smashed him, which killed him at like 80%, I was shocked! We were in the middle of the stage, and it killed him anyway, I turned to look at him with my mouth agape, then he got mad at me. Was I doing something wrong? Or, did I hit a salt deposit? (Dab) anyone else have this problem? Let me know.
Thanks for any and all replies!

GhostM

Phantom
No, you aren’t doing anything wrong, it’s just that some people can get salty over losing a stock in game. Some people have a low tolerance for dying against their opponent that they get insulted and angry when they know they lose against someone else. It just depends on how they manage their cool. Some people will never get mad, while other people can get more salty than others. It’s basically like Call of Duty.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Before I even read the post, I knew that whatever the case was, there was more than a 99% chance that the answer was going to be that they are salty. Well having read the post, I can conclude that my guess was wrong because Ness mains are the bane of Smash Bro's existence! my guess was right because you were the better player, and your brother just couldn't seem to handle the truth in the heat of the moment.

This can be pretty typical behavior of Smash players especially those on the internet (primarily because the internet is a popular place for salty players to vent their anger). Not only do some people have unhealthily low levels of tolerance to losing in a video game, but there are some cases where the character being used can amplify their levels of salt even higher than before. Unless you're verbally rubbing it in his face during or after the match with intentions to instigating your brother, you're not doing anything wrong here. It's your brother who needs to get better.

That being said, I don't know how old you two are, but if they're still under the age of ten and you're much older than them, it would go a long way if you go easier on them, switch characters, teach them how to be good at the game, or even let them win a few time. You know, as an older brother. I have a younger sister, so I know that from experience.

Last edited:

kingdark519

Smash Apprentice
Before I even read the post, I knew that whatever the case was, there was more than a 99% chance that the answer was going to be that they are salty. Well having read the post, I can conclude that my guess was wrong because Ness mains are the bane of Smash Bro's existence! my guess was right because you were the better player, and your brother just couldn't seem to handle the truth in the heat of the moment.

This can be pretty typical behavior of Smash players especially those on the internet (primarily because the internet is a popular place for salty players to vent their anger). Not only do some people have unhealthily low levels of tolerance to losing in a video game, but there are some cases where the character being used can amplify their levels of salt even higher than before. Unless you're verbally rubbing it in his face during or after the match with intentions to instigating your brother, you're not doing anything wrong here. It's your brother who needs to get better.

That being said, I don't know how old you two are, but if they're still under the age of ten and you're much older than them, it would go a long way if you go easier on them, switch characters, teach them how to be good at the game, or even let them win a few time. You know, as an older brother. I have a younger sister, so I know that from experience.
Thanks for your input, for starters, not a ness main, I just like earthbound, so no need to crucify me yet. :p secondly my brother is 19, and I’m 18, mostly I think he just hates my Ness, most people do, not really sure why. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Thanks for your input, for starters, not a ness main, I just like earthbound, so no need to crucify me yet. :p secondly my brother is 19, and I’m 18, mostly I think he just hates my Ness, most people do, not really sure why. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's common to see Ness bring out salt in people. He's one of those characters who is really good at lower levels but almost always falls apart as you get to face people with years of experience at the game, so people playing Ness can unfortunately expect to see a lot of hate.

By the way, I'm still waiting on the release of a Mother 4 game.

kingdark519

Smash Apprentice
It's common to see Ness bring out salt in people. He's one of those characters who is really good at lower levels but almost always falls apart as you get to face people with years of experience at the game, so people playing Ness can unfortunately expect to see a lot of hate.

By the way, I'm still waiting on the release of a Mother 4 game.
I’m sorry... but you need to let go.... I know it hurts... but..... the pain, it will NEVER go away.... you will always hurt... because Nintendo hates us, hates Mother, hates OUR Mothers, you name it, they hate them. Jk this year is the 30th anniversary of Mother, and I THINK, it’s the year of the pig, so I’m praying.

Top Bottom