• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alternative way to double jump

supercake

Smash Apprentice
Most of you probably already know about this so Id thought to just throw it out there.
Lucas' double jump makes him flip in midair but this can be cancelled while getting the same amount of height and distance by using zair at the same exact time you do double jump. this will result in him jumping up but not flipping and lucas' snake coming out for a second and a half leaving him vulnerable so its not good to approach with but maybe it could be a funky way to retreat, altering the trajectory his jump takes making it harder to predict.

supercake

Smash Apprentice
well no but maybe it can be used as a mindgame or something if used occasionally.

Mzero

Smash Cadet
i use the jump and air dodge combo to get behind oponents rushing at me. it cancels the flip and doesnt leave u vulnerable

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I use Nairs on my double jumps all the time when the opponent is already dead to get around just because I hate how the flipping animation looks. In battle it isn't that big of a deal and can actually help when you're juggling with Uair because Lucas moves so oddly.

Fredd

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn`t performing a move, let it be _:air or dodging, not be so practical when you`d like to perform a different move during that time frame?

GofG

Smash Champion
Yes, I don't really see enough of a point to this to actually be worth using, unfortunately.

Top Bottom