• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alternative taunts

the great jonzales

Smash Cadet
well not sure if someones started this topic yet, but i couldnt seem to find it in my search :ohwell:

Alternative taunts!
we all know taunts are great and can even be mind games at times. but instead of the usuall hit the pad etc. i was wonderin if ne1 out there has some other unique taunts. this thread is aimed to house a collection of these so people lookin for more comic ways to infuriate opponents:) feel free to add and comment (dont put dashdancing as most peeps know that :)), vids would be nice, but i have no way yo put any vuds up at all :(.... neway examples i've come across

crouches
pretty simple. only a few can pull this off like DDD's crouch.
also Wario's crouch and crawl backward and Pika's both crawls aswell :) pretty comical

left right or wiggling (unless thats allready a term :))
Similar to dash dancing as a taunt, but instead of dashing just doing the first animation of slow walking. works really well with samus just looks like sh'es doing a crazy robot dance lulz and wolf, quite well with metaknight and kirby, havent really tried any others, but it works for quite a few characters.
done by lightly tilting the control stick left and right quickly, effectively wiggling it :)
( O )- neutral stick
( O )
( O )
( O )
( O )
( O )... etc.

slow walk
just walk really slowly works for certain characters only!
really good with pikachu and yoshi, their footstep noises just make it,
i think metaknight does quite well here aswell :)

Falcon dance.
just for CF,
k besides dashing there are three moving animations, (not including standing)
from standing there is slow, med, and fast.
when you alternate between med and slow quickly, when moving from right to left only, he looks like he's doin a worm with his elbow, u have to tilt the control stick lightly to the left and wiggle it,
pretty hard to do consistently but does look pretty good

there are a few others i know of but are hard to explain via word :) if ne1 wants to try these an put them as vids be my guest :) and feel free to add any. :)

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
Well some chars. have entertaining animations for some of their moves that can be used as taunts. Especially the up-tilt with chars. like Squirtle and ROB. It looks like they are raising the roof if you spam it real quick lol.

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
I dont really know any alternative taunts but, if you do absolutely nothing but messin' around on the other side of the map the people your playing will get really angry and try and fail at killing you :) .

Wolf of Ice

Smash Apprentice
I've seen some video of Dedede dancing. And his crouch anti-projectile thing that looks taunting.

Mainly I use Lucas's DSmash, turn around, and DSmash again. I use the Wiimote/Nunchuk with 1 set to grab, have the 2 Taunt and the insanely annoying to get right 1+2. So, DSmash spam!

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Something i like to do with Mk is after a kill (of course) is just hold A, and he does that fast slicing and dycing.
And for samus, i walk to the ledge, when it starts the animation of her about to fall off, idk it looks funny to me. And Mk fast walk, cause he looks like a man on a mission haha and he's all short and stumpy.

the great jonzales

Smash Cadet
lol nice, there's one with mk,
u kinda crouch really quickly and when u stand move forward, so, crouch, move forward crouch move forward crouch, really quickly, quite hard to do, looks like he's pushing himself along the floor with his hands:) oh n only works FROM left to right,
and ne1 tried out the CF dance?

Hellhawk23

Smash Rookie
I've seen computer players repeatedly crouch as if teabagging me...COMPUTER PLAYERS. I've seen it on more than one occasion. For a second it made me wonder if I was playing on Wi-Fi.

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
I have seen players who use Wolf alot like to do his shine, then alternate flipping right and left. It looks real cool when they make the timing seamless, it looks like he is fluidly twirling, trippy lol.

Top Bottom