• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alternate unlocking method

nightcape1

Smash Apprentice
Not sure how well known this is, but instead of playing through SSE, you can unlock Sonic by logging a combined vs. playtime of 20 hours. Basically, the same way you unlocked Mewtwo in melee. I just thought that some character might be unlocked that way, so I plugged in all my controllers and left my game on all night in an infinite brawl, and when I woke up and reset the match, Sonic appeared.

daytimeninja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gavgrego
Nice find. When I get brawl, I'll do this because I don't feel like playing through SSE.

lethminite

Smash Apprentice
ok, you've been a big help. however, you might be wrong.

their were basicly 3 ideas on how to unlock him going round.
A) run 30000ft (or some other number)
B) play an over ten min match (in homage to dieing after 10 mins on old sonic games)
C) your way.

you eliminated A, but what you did might have also caused B) to unlock it.

thanks a tonne for the help, all i need now is someone to play a 12:00 min game as their 1st game.

Umby

Smash Master
Sonic takes 300 Brawl matches to unlock. That includes Special Brawl. So you can simply run through the entire case in a couple of hours if you play Special Brawl with Stamina+Flower+Fast and set your opponent to 1 HP. All you'll have to do is hit the Start button the entire time.

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
Interesting, because me and my friend tried to do the beast Classic Mode 10 times way to unlock him, but we lost to him at the end (**** hammer..).

But, then we gave up and went to Brawl one on one, then started a match but stopped about ten seconds in (We left it at time and wanted to do stock). Directly after we quit the match Sonic appeared.

It was perplexing. :)

nightcape1

Smash Apprentice
These are all good suggestions. I figured it might be something other than the 20 hours thing, but I just wanted some confirmation. Pubik, that sounds really weird. Maybe it has to do with the power count, or the power time, or something like that. Regardless, this way is a lot easier than some of the other ways, just difficult to figure out exactly what triggered it.

mojo4395

Smash Rookie
I unlocked Sonic by beating Classic with 10 different guys and then beating him. That was the first thing I did when I got Brawl.

lethminite

Smash Apprentice
pubik, that happens for every character.
next person you unlock, lose.
then do a brawl, at the end of that, they should appear again.

Dark Anakin

Smash Rookie
I unlocked Sonic by setting the stock to 1 with 2 human players, and then just suicided off the level with Kirby everytime. After doing that 300 times I unlocked him. Its much faster than doing SSE, it only took me about 2 hours and its dead easy. Its the fastest way to unlock him by far.

Top Bottom