• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alternate Skins for Link, Fox, and Olimar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
So, I have looked across this website to make sure this thread wasn't already posted and I didn't see anything so hopefully I didn't miss it. Anyways, under the assumption that none of you have read or seen these, we have some cool information leaked out from Japan for a Smash Bros. preview over the weekend.

They said security was tight and workers at the kiosks were very strict about people taking pics/vids and whatnot. But fortunately there were a couple of people who got a good pic of some of the alts for characters Link, Fox, and Olimar. They're pretty awesome:

So, I guess this pretty much confirms that Wolf is not in the game (not that anyone is surprised). But the color alt for Fox looks pretty great for Wolf fans who may have been disheartened by his departure from the Smash series. Olimar's alt is cool for Pikmin 3 fans who played as the other astronaut characters who were aided by the Pikmin in their adventures, though I haven't played, I think it's cool that they included this as it's a neat and creative idea.

But the big one for me is that Fierce Diety Link alt. That is so awesome and I'm so glad that they included that skin alt for Link. I do have a feeling thought that that might be the overused skin for Link now.

What do you guys think?

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Its a nice nod to Majora's Mask, it would have been cooler if it was an entirely new model instead of just a recolour.

I still think Fierce Deity final smash would have done more justice, the coolest part of him is that sword.

Speculator

Smash Ace
I need to know in advance if Lucas is an alt for Ness so I can come to terms with it. If I found him there while flicking through Ness's colors on day one I'm pretty sure I'd just snap my 3DS in half.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
So, I have looked across this website to make sure this thread wasn't already posted and I didn't see anything so hopefully I didn't miss it. Anyways, under the assumption that none of you have read or seen these, we have some cool information leaked out from Japan for a Smash Bros. preview over the weekend.

They said security was tight and workers at the kiosks were very strict about people taking pics/vids and whatnot. But fortunately there were a couple of people who got a good pic of some of the alts for characters Link, Fox, and Olimar. They're pretty awesome:

So, I guess this pretty much confirms that Wolf is not in the game (not that anyone is surprised). But the color alt for Fox looks pretty great for Wolf fans who may have been disheartened by his departure from the Smash series. Olimar's alt is cool for Pikmin 3 fans who played as the other astronaut characters who were aided by the Pikmin in their adventures, though I haven't played, I think it's cool that they included this as it's a neat and creative idea.

But the big one for me is that Fierce Diety Link alt. That is so awesome and I'm so glad that they included that skin alt for Link. I do have a feeling thought that that might be the overused skin for Link now.

What do you guys think?
Actually the wolf color really doesn't worry me as much as it did tbh it doesn't look like wolf all that much. I'm still worried tho.

Last edited:

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
That Firece Deity Link costume is gonna be so awesome to use. But I would've preferred FD being a final smash or a full-model change instead of a re-skin.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Actually the wolf color really doesn't worry me as much as it did tbh it doesn't look like wolf all that much. I'm still worried tho.
If the wolf colors for Fox hurt Wolf's chances, then the Dixie colors for Diddy hurt her chances as well and a lot of people are guessing she'll end up being in.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
If the wolf colors for Fox hurt Wolf's chances, then the Dixie colors for Diddy hurt her chances as well and a lot of people are guessing she'll end up being in.
I just hope sakurai will care enough to add him thru dlc if he isn't in already, I was wanting another star fox character in, I wasn't expecting to lose one. The amount of starfox content in the game is pitiful :(

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
But, why does Pit still have a Dark Pit outfit if they both are playable?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
If the Wolf colour for Fox hurts Wolf chances, then the Wario colour for Mario hurts Wario's chances, and Kirby's Meta Knight colour hurts Meta Knight's chances.

Methacrylate

Smash Apprentice
So it changed Pikmin and Olimar to Pikmin and Alph... but it does not change Link to Fierce Deity or Fox to Wolf. Maybe not changing the name to Fierce Deity makes sense due to the character still essential being Link; however, the Fox naming should probably be changed to Wolf if this is an intentional alt as is done with Olimar and Alph.

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
So it changed Pikmin and Olimar to Pikmin and Alph... but it does not change Link to Fierce Deity or Fox to Wolf. Maybe not changing the name to Fierce Deity makes sense due to the character still essential being Link; however, the Fox naming should probably be changed to Wolf if this is an intentional alt as is done with Olimar and Alph.
Maybe they didn't change Fox's name to Wolf because Wolf might still be in the game.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
Its a nice nod to Majora's Mask, it would have been cooler if it was an entirely new model instead of just a recolour.

I still think Fierce Deity final smash would have done more justice, the coolest part of him is that sword.
That Firece Deity Link costume is gonna be so awesome to use. But I would've preferred FD being a final smash or a full-model change instead of a re-skin.
I agree, i would like to have seen a new model for the character as well. It sucks that only a few have gotten such drastic changes in their wardrobe.

A final smash would have been cool, but I like eye-candy and I would like to play the character with that design. lol
I need to know in advance if Lucas is an alt for Ness so I can come to terms with it. If I found him there while flicking through Ness's colors on day one I'm pretty sure I'd just snap my 3DS in half.
lol, just brace yourself cause I don't think he's coming back. What if Lucas isn't in it AND they don't have a skin?
I just hope sakurai will care enough to add him thru dlc if he isn't in already, I was wanting another star fox character in, I wasn't expecting to lose one. The amount of starfox content in the game is pitiful :(
If the Wolf colour for Fox hurts Wolf chances, then the Wario colour for Mario hurts Wario's chances, and Kirby's Meta Knight colour hurts Meta Knight's chances.
True, but even though I think Wolf is awesome, I don't think his fanbase was that large. I've seen a lot of people (wrongly) call him a clone which is just lame. But as much as I want him in there, I doubt he will be.

If there was a dlc Star Fox character, it'll more than likely be Krystal as she's been a frequent request by fans for a long time. Would love to see the both of them make in there. Would be a nice way to advertise the new Star Fox game next year. :)
Maybe they didn't change Fox's name to Wolf because Wolf might still be in the game.
I really do hope he's in the game, he's a great character. Star Fox needs to be represented more as his franchise is great.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I agree, i would like to have seen a new model for the character as well. It sucks that only a few have gotten such drastic changes in their wardrobe.

A final smash would have been cool, but I like eye-candy and I would like to play the character with that design. lol

lol, just brace yourself cause I don't think he's coming back. What if Lucas isn't in it AND they don't have a skin?

True, but even though I think Wolf is awesome, I don't think his fanbase was that large. I've seen a lot of people (wrongly) call him a clone which is just lame. But as much as I want him in there, I doubt he will be.

If there was a dlc Star Fox character, it'll more than likely be Krystal as she's been a frequent request by fans for a long time. Would love to see the both of them make in there. Would be a nice way to advertise the new Star Fox game next year. :)

I really do hope he's in the game, he's a great character. Star Fox needs to be represented more as his franchise is great.
Wolf is alot more popular than Krystal, her fans are just louder. Id take Krystal but wolf must come with.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
Wolf is alot more popular than Krystal, her fans are just louder. Id take Krystal but wolf must come with.
Well everyone I've seen talk about Wolf has either been in a "whatever" attitude or a "no-more clones!" attitude. I love Wolf, I think they should put him in the game.

I just really want both. Me personally I'm a Falco user, but still, it would bring peace of mind to me knowing they were in it.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
That's a much different color scheme than Dark Pit's all black. The grey and purple aren't on Pitoo's default scheme.
Right. Making a Dark version of Pit is not at all confusing when his previous Dark Pit self was made into a playable character.

That's excessively strange, FAR more so than the Wolf incident. This is where all the attention should be paid. If Dark Pit was elevated to character status, it means that costume for Pit was added after the fact. This was an incredibly dumb decision that almost makes me think Dark Pit was in fact a Sakurai fake leak. Almost. That's just wishful thinking though.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Wolf is the 3rd most popular Star Fox character. And with Krystal being absent from the tech demo of SF at E3, it's likely that she's been written out of the series. I like her, but a lot of people hate her.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
The thing is, the Wolf color was ADDED in after Wolf was in a game. Dixie Kong's color has been there.
Right. Making a Dark version of Pit is not at all confusing when his previous Dark Pit self was made into a playable character.
That's excessively strange, FAR more so than the Wolf incident. This is where all the attention should be paid. If Dark Pit was elevated to character status, it means that costume for Pit was added after the fact. This was an incredibly dumb decision that almost makes me think Dark Pit was in fact a Sakurai fake leak. Almost. That's just wishful thinking though.
Dude. I hate Dark Pit. I hate him with all my life. But that scenario is very, VERY unlikely, and I really don't think you can count on it.

For god's sake, I thought there was a different black color for him. If this is the Dark Pit people are talking about, it's not really that colors at all.

Last edited:

Kos-MosPlushie

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kos-MosPlushie
I agree with you that it's strange to have a dark color-scheme for Pit when Pittoo is in the game (If I had to guess, Pittoo will have a light alt. color). On the subject of Pittoo I'm hoping he will have a different moveset but since he's with the other clones the chances of this are incredibly low.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
The thing is, the Wolf color was ADDED in after Wolf was in a game. Dixie Kong's color has been there.

Dude. I hate Dark Pit. I hate him with all my life. But that scenario is very, VERY unlikely, and I really don't think you can count on it.

For god's sake, I thought there was a different black color for him. If this is the Dark Pit people are talking about, it's not really that colors at all.
I just don't think it means that Wolf is for sure gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom