• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alternate Costumes

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainghost07

Smash Apprentice
NNID
captainghost07
Switch FC
SW-3052-5727-4615
So in the direct we see that Mario now has his wedding outfit from Odyssey and his builder outfit from Mario Maker, LInk has his tunic of the wild, and Ike can change to Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. This makes me hopefully to see other characters get alternate costumes like Luigi can finally get Mr. L or Peach can get her wedding outfit from Odyssey. This could be a great opportunity for Nintendo to sell more costumes as dlc kinda like what they did for the Mii fighters. What are some costumes you hope to see in the base game or as dlc? I would like to see Swimsuit female Corrin as dlc or Metal Sonic for Sonic.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:ultbowser::ultpeach:- Wedding Outfits
:ultcorrin::ultike::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultrobin:ultroy:- ALL HEROES ALTS
:ultinkling:- Octolings
:ultlink::ultmario::ultpit::ultmegaman:- shorts...just shorts
:ultluigi:- Mr.L
:ultrosalina:- Cosmic Form
:ultsonic:- Boom Sonic

Next Door Dog

Smash Apprentice
Seeing as there are three Links in this game, they could represent an even wider amount of games throughout the Zelda series.
:ultlink: - OoT Link (no hookshot but oh well), Zelda II Link
:ulttoonlink: - Minish Cap Link, Spirit Tracks
:ultyounglink: - Slight changes to match his Majora's Mask appearance, maybe his Link's Awakening look? Not sure if that'd work better for YL or adult Link (same with his LttP version).

:ultsnake: - Big Boss, seeing as pretty much every color Snake has is based off him anyway.
:ultlittlemac: - Something resembling his NES look maybe? Never really been a fan of his '09 redesign.
:ultlucas: - Claus. Pretty much looks the same except for his hair.
:ultness: - Ninten. Similar reasoning as above.
:ultpikachu: - Bring back the cowboy hat.
:ultroy: - Eliwood would be cool, even cooler if Roy kept his Japanese voice and Eliwood spoke in English.

Though honestly I'd be happy with there being more colors. Some characters like DK have trash colors, and it hurts seeing him not get anything new.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
:ultsamus: SA-X. Pretty easy to make, just change the visor to always show her glazed over eyes. I also wish they'd update her Fusion colors to resemble the actual fusion suit.
:ultyoshi:Boshi
:ultfox:James McCloud
:ultolimar:Louie. Also if Alph is in, then Brittany ought to work on the same rig. Charlie and the President sound more appropriate as some kind of heavyweight echo character.
:ultganondorf:The old brown cape from Melee that I'm surprised isn't in his color set. I think you could also have TP Ganon look right on this new version of him. Some players just don't have nostalgia for the Melee design.
:ultpichu:Plusle and Minun. They got the cut from Brawl, but I think they're a fine fit for Pichu's body type. Just not as a tag team.
:ultryu:Ken. Because the echo fighter of Ryu ought to be Akuma.
:ultmewtwo:The armor he wore in the Pokemon movie when he was still under control of Team Rocket.

Last edited:

Jamisinon

Smash Apprentice
:ultcloud: a zack skin. or some kind of regular clothes cloud.
:ultfalco: more of an actual red jacket than the pinkish one he has (his Melee red)
:ultfox: his green jacket, red boots outfit
:ultganondorf: an outfit w/o a cape
:ultjigglypuff: green headband outfit
:ultlittlemac: different color hoodie outfits than just green or pink
:ultmarth: no tiara, no cape, no blue hair. any or all of those. lucina gets lots of different hair colors so I hated that in sm4sh marth still always had blue hair
:ultpacman: different colors than just yellow
:ultpikachu: a raichu skin
:ultroy: no red hair, no cape outfit
:ultryu: ken from street fighter costume
:ultsamus: an all red not orange and red costume
:ultsheik: costumes based on ocarina of time. her new design is all based off of BotW and I don't like the way the armor looks personally. I hope she gets two different styles of costume like Ike or Bayo have. IDC if it's based on her sm4sh design or melee etc just no armor plz
:ultsnake: old snake, big boss, naked snake
:ultsonic: NOT BLUE, it doesn't have to be knuckles or tails but there's no reason to not give him a shadow skin, then different color outfits. it's a problem in teams to only have blue outfits

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
:ultsonic: SA2 multiplayer outfit
:ultcloud: When he dressed as a girl
:ultsnake: Tux
:ultsamus: Fusion should come before light and dark suits
:ultlink: ****less or hylian tunic and hood
:ultzelda: I want to see her in Marin’s clothes
:ultness: pjs
:ulttoonlink: Okay spirit train is coming back you have a model of toon link in his train engineer outfit how hard is it to code in so Its wearable or outset
:ultluigi: Sm64ds mini game tux

You know what give me tuxedos dresses and swimsuits

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
The Alternate Costumes I Want To See In Smash Bros Ultimate (In No Particular Order)

Mario- Either His Mario Strikers Outfit Or His Referee Outfit From Punch-Out On NES

Sonic The Hedgehog- Either Sonic Wearing Link's Green Tunic (From The Sonic Lost World Zelda Zone DLC Map) Or Classic Sonic (From Sonic Generations)

Donkey Kong- Either Robot Donkey Kong (From The Donkey Kong Country Animated TV Series) Or Archeologist Donkey Kong (From Mario Party 2)

Cloud Strife- Either His Appearance From Kingdom Hearts 1 (On PS2) Or Steady Light Cloud From Dissidia Duodecim (I Do Also Hope Speaks English This time around similar to Marth)

Ness- Either Robot Ness Or Ness In His Pajama's (Both Are From Earthbound/Mother 2)

Ryu- Either Shirtless Ryu With A Beard (From Street Fighter 5) Or His Appearance From Street Fighter 1 (The 1987 Arcade Game)

Captain Falcon- Either Captain Falcon Without His Helmet Or His Appearance From The SNES F-Zero Instruction Manual Comic Book

Solid Snake- Either Old Snake (From MGS4: Guns Of The Patriots) Or Iroquois Pliskin (From MGS2: Sons Of Liberty)

Luigi- Either Dr. Luigi Or Mr. L (From Super Paper Mario)

Pac-Man- Either Mrs. Pac-Man Or His Appearance From Pac-Man And Ghostly Adventures T.V Series

Fox McCloud- Either His Outfit From Star Fox Adventures Or His Outfit From Star Fox Assault

Mega-Man- Either Mega-Man Without His Armor And Helmet And Wearing Casual Clothing (As Seen In The Archie Comics Series) Or Command Mission X (From Mega-Man X: Command Mission)

Link- Either Ordon Village Link (From The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess) Or His Training Tunic (From Hyrule Warriors)

Ganondorf- Either Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf Or Twilight Princess Ganondorf

Falco Lombardi- Either Outfit From Star Fox Assault Or His Appearance From Star Fox Adventures

Mewtwo- Either Mega Mewtwo X Or Mewtwo Wearing Giovanni's Armor (From Pokemon: The First Movie)

Princess Zelda- Either Her Appearance From The Beginning Of The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword Or Her Appearance From Hyrule Warriors

Samus Aran- Either Light Suit Samus (From Metroid Prime 2: Echoes) Or Fusion Suit Samus (From Metroid Fusion)

Yoshi- Either Yarn Yoshi Or Pirate Yoshi (From Mario Party 2)

Bowser- Either Dry Bones Bowser Or Moon Wedding Bowser (From Super Mario Odyssey)

Wario- Either His Appearance From Mario Tennis Aces Tennis Outfit Or His Super Mario Strikers Outfit

Little Mac- Either Blonde, Shirtless Little Mac (From Super Punch-Out on SNES) Or Shirtless Little Mac

Marth- Either Marth's Altean Groom Clothing (From Fire Emblem Heroes) Or His Appearance From Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon And The Blade Of Light

Luciana- Either Her Disguised As Marth With Her Wearing Her Mask (From Fire Emblem Awakening) Or Her Wearing Her Yukata (From The Fire Emblem Awakening Hot-Spring Scramble DLC Map)

Diddy Kong- Either His Super Mario Strikers Outfit Or Him Donkey Kong Jr's Shirt (With Diddy Wearing No Baseball Cap)

Lucas- Either Lucas Wearing A Pigmask Army Uniform Or Lucas Wearing Flints (His Father) Clothing And Hat

Princess Peach- Either Shadow Queen Peach (From Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door) Or Nurse Peach (From The Dr. Mario Series)

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So in the direct we see that Mario now has his wedding outfit from Odyssey and his builder outfit from Mario Maker, LInk has his tunic of the wild, and Ike can change to Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. This makes me hopefully to see other characters get alternate costumes like Luigi can finally get Mr. L or Peach can get her wedding outfit from Odyssey. This could be a great opportunity for Nintendo to sell more costumes as dlc kinda like what they did for the Mii fighters. What are some costumes you hope to see in the base game or as dlc? I would like to see Swimsuit female Corrin as dlc or Metal Sonic for Sonic.
I really feel like Swimsuit Corrin would be a bit too much for smash. but i dunno.

Anyway, my List

:ultbowser::ultpeach: Wedding Outfits
:ultluigi:Mr. L
:ultdk:Funky Kong
:ultmetaknight:NES Meta Knight
:ultmegaman:Protoman/Bass
:ultolimar:Alph
:ultpacman:Mrs. Pac Man
:ultdoc:Dr. Luigi
:ultpikachu:Detective Pikachu
Just a few ideas.

Last edited:

Milky2Milk

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hydgen29
If she’s not a new character, it would be cool to see a Dixie Kong alt for Diddy.

Last edited:

Vanguard227

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vanguard227
Switch FC
SW 4222 8780 9424
So here's my ideal alt. costume list. Some are probably not as realistic as others, but these are the ones I'd include in Smash if I was in charge of alt. costumes.

Some of the costume ideas I'll be listing could also work as echo fighters, so those will be in bold. The others that would be fully-fledged characters, and not just colour swaps, but are still an alt. costume of an already established character (Think Alph as some of Olimar's alts) They'll be italicized.

I'll try and list ideas for every character. Although if I think a character's current alts. are already good enough as they are/I don't have any ideas for them, I won't include them.

:ultbayonetta:: Jeanne (Already have a colour swap of her, but they could go the extra mile and have her entire appearance as an alt.)
:ultbowser:: Dark Bowser from Bowser's Inside story, his wedding outfit from Odyssey, Dry Bowser, Meowser
:ultfalcon:: Dark Shadow, Captain Rainbow, his original appearance from F-Zero SNES
:ultcloud:: Zak
:ultdiddy:: Dixie Kong
:ultdk:: his boxing outfit, Mario Strikers uniform, Funky Kong
:ultfalco:: His SF Assault costume, his Melee appearance
:ultfox:: Adventures outfit, Assault outfit, James McCloud, his Melee appearance
:ultganondorf:: His Melee appearance (I liked that version's cape more than his current red one.) Twilight Princess appearance, Hyrule Warriors appearance
:ultgreninja:: Shiny appearance, Ash's Greninja
:ultike:: His lord outfit, his Vanguard outfit, Greil outfit that's in Heroes, Hector
:ultinkling:: Octoling

:ultjigglypuff: : Her green headband from Melee
:ultkingdedede: : Buff Dedede from Star Allies (Masked Dedede is already his FS)
:ultkirby: : Yarn Kirby
:ultlink: : All versions of Adult Link as alts.
:ultlucario: : Mega Lucario (If he's not a part of his FS anymore), Shiny appearance
:ultlucas:: Claus (We got a colour outfit, but Claus' hair is different), Porky soldier outfit
:ultluigi:: Mr. L from Super Paper Mario, Mario Strikers uniform,
:ultmario:: His Mario Sunshine shirt and shades, his Tostarena outfit from Odyssey, Mario Strikers uniform,
:ultmarth: : Sigurd, Seliph, Leif
:ultlucina:: Chrom
:ultmegaman: : I would have said Proto Man and Bass, but they're in his FS now.
:ultmetaknight: : Dark Meta Knight, Without his mask, (Galacta knight is already a costume now)
:ultmewtwo: : His Team Rocket armour
:ultness:: Ninten
:ultolimar:: Louie
:ultpacman:: Ms. Pacman
:ultpalutena:: Medusa

:ultpeach:: Mario Strikers outfit, her wedding outfit from Odyssey, her biker outfit from Mario Kart Wii, Shadow Peach from The Thousand Year Door, Mario Tennis outfit, Mario Sunshine outfit
:ultdaisy:: Mario Strikers outfit, biker outfit from Mario Kart Wii, Mario Tennis outfit
:ultsheik:: Skyward Sword/ Ocarina of Time Impa. Hyrule Warriors outfit, Ocarina of Time original outfit
:ultpit:: Dark Pi... oh wait. His original appearance from the NES game
:ultpokemontrainer:: Any of the other generation Pokemon Trainers
:ultridley:: Meta Ridley (Although I think I saw a little glimpse of it in Ridley's reveal trailer, but I don't remember seeing it as one of his 8 alt. costumes in the E3 build. Makes me wonder if there'll be more than 8 costumes this time around). Omega Ridley
:ultrosalina:: biker outfit from Mario Kart Wii, Mario Tennis outfit
:ultroy:: Eliwood, Alm
:ultryu::
Ken, Bearded Ryu, Akuma, Evil Ryu
:ultsamus:: Dark Samus, Fusion suit, Light suit, Dark Suit, Power Suit, PED Suit, Phazon Suit
:ultsnake:: Naked Snake/Big Boss , Old Snake, Iriqois Plisken, MGS1 outfit
:ultsonic: : Shadow, SA2 Battle multiplayer costume, Soap shoes, Sonic Riders appearance, Classic Sonic (Although there'd be proportion issues.)
:ulttoonlink: : Outset Island outfit, Spirit Tracks engineer outfit, Triforce Heroes Links (With the coloured hair)
:ultwario: : Any of his costumes from Wario: Master of Disguise, Mario Strikers uniform
:ultwolf:: Star Fox Assault appearance
:ultyoshi:: Yoob, baby Yoshi aesthetics from The Thousand Year Door, Boshi
:ultyounglink:: Young Link with his weapons/equipment from Majora's Mask, Zelda 1 Link, A Link Between Worlds Link
:ultzelda:: Breath of the Wild Zelda
:ultzss:: Her green hair/Red suit from Metroid NES.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
Honestly, I can see them releasing alts as bargain-priced (~$.75-$2.00) DLC packs. It worked for the Mii costumes in Smash 4; now they just have to extend that to the other characters. This is how I see it working:

Mario Pack:
  • :ultmario:: Explorer outfit, New Donk Black suit, both from Odyssey.
  • :ultpeach:: Wedding Dress, Casual Dress, both from Odyssey.
  • :ultbowser:: Tuxedo from Odyssey.
Zelda Pack:
  • :ultlink:: Soldier Armor, Ancient Armor, both from BotW.
  • :ultzelda:: OoT Zelda, TP Zelda, and BotW Zelda in her royal dress.
  • :ultganondorf:: TP Ganondorf, and a "realistic" version of WW Ganondorf (HW pulled it off...).
  • Included in this pack would be TP Link as an Echo Fighter retaining the Smash 4 moveset with some tweaks, plus OoT Link as an alt (sorry, but TP and OoT Link being current Link's alts just won't work).
Metroid Pack:
Pokémon Pack:
  • :ultpokemontrainer:: Ethan, Lyra, Ultra Elio, and Ultra Selene
Star Fox Pack:
  • :ultfox:, :ultfalco:, and :ultwolf:: Assault outfits.
And so on and so on...

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I think Mewtwo is gonna get a Pokken Black Mewtwo alternate, since Pikachu got Pikachu Libre.
Since Ridley got Meta Ridley, maybe even Sonic will get Metal Sonic as alternate, and maybe Even Springman will get Springtron as alternate... Oh! Springman hasn't been confirmed yet.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I think Mewtwo is gonna get a Pokken Black Mewtwo alternate, since Pikachu got Pikachu Libre.
Since Ridley got Meta Ridley, maybe even Sonic will get Metal Sonic as alternate, and maybe Even Springman will get Springtron as alternate... Oh! Springman hasn't been confirmed yet.
Ribbon Girl and Springtron need to be Spring Man's Echoes, not alts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom