• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alternate costume ideas

ChaosBreaker

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChaosBreaker882
3DS FC
1547-5193-8299
What are your thoughts on what his alt. costume should be? i kinda get the feeling from mewtwo's final smash that lucario's is the regular kamehameha wave and mewtwo's is the galick gunEH...? EH...?

Attachments

ChaosBreaker

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChaosBreaker882
3DS FC
1547-5193-8299
some suggested that ****ty sir aaron costume from the lucario movie
but i'm partial towards lucario dressed in the gi and headband that the black belt trainers wear
or
to be honest i like the sir aaron gear, i was thinking about it myself before i made this XD but your idea would be sick too

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Ryu and Ken costumes seem the most appropriate, or what ViewtifulHoe242 said.

PLEASE, no Sir Aaron clothes.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
The best idea I could come up with is a King Kazma (rabbit fighter from an anime movie named Summer Wars) inspired outfit, and even though it really fits, it's not Pokémon related and will probably not happen. Plus, some people might be paranoid due to copyright stuff even though it would count as a parody, and it's just an outfit.

ChaosBreaker

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChaosBreaker882
3DS FC
1547-5193-8299
I would very much like to see Lucario wearing Riley's hat and necklace. Costumes based on other trainers that have famously had Lucarios, such as Maylene or Cynthia, could also be pretty neat.
makes the most sense out of anything i've read

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
I would very much like to see Lucario wearing Riley's hat and necklace. Costumes based on other trainers that have famously had Lucarios, such as Maylene or Cynthia, could also be pretty neat.
What about Korrina? She had two lucarios, one of which had a mega stone.

ChaosBreaker

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChaosBreaker882
3DS FC
1547-5193-8299
why not have a poll or something? we pool all our options and vote on them and the one that gets the most votes...idk we shove it down a pmbr members throat?
first of all someone should make concept art or models to give people a rough idea of what it should look like and to also attract more voters

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
i once had a lucaryu costume. it was alright.
Do you remember where you got it? I would love a lucaryu costume, because I make street fighter jokes all the time about lucario, and I even call him ryu.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i just found it browsing around the kc-mm site for a while. it was way back, like... around the 2.1 release, but i can't imagine it wouldn't be on there still.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i can't tell. don't have my sd card reader handy to dl and check it out. : ( can't tell by the filename, either, because i got rid of it once i discovered the awesomeness of anubis lucario.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
ummm... it's been a while... you go into... crap, gimme a minute...

edit: ok, go into the brawlmods (i think it's still there on 3.0/3.02), textures, fighters, lucario (in that order.) once inside the lucario folder, you'll need to find the lucario color you want to override with lucaryu (there's a thread somewhere on the smash workshop forums that'll have a listing of all the lucario colors and their corresponding code. it'll be something like "FitlucarioXX.pac" where XX is a number). you drop the texture you downloaded into the lucario folder, then just name it properly and it should just load straight up when you pick it in game.

it won't automatically show at the character select screen, however. there's some other steps to modding that that i don't know at all. i'd suggest asking around the customization forums for more advice on that.

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
ummm... it's been a while... you go into... crap, gimme a minute...

edit: ok, go into the brawlmods (i think it's still there on 3.0/3.02), textures, fighters, lucario (in that order.) once inside the lucario folder, you'll need to find the lucario color you want to override with lucaryu (there's a thread somewhere on the smash workshop forums that'll have a listing of all the lucario colors and their corresponding code. it'll be something like "FitlucarioXX.pac" where XX is a number). you drop the texture you downloaded into the lucario folder, then just name it properly and it should just load straight up when you pick it in game.

it won't automatically show at the character select screen, however. there's some other steps to modding that that i don't know at all. i'd suggest asking around the customization forums for more advice on that.
Ok. I'm in lucario's character folder, and I am curious, which file is which skin?

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
Ok. I'm in lucario's character folder, and I am curious, which file is which skin?
lucario00 is blue, 01 is red, 02 is green, 03 and 05 are not included in my current mod of PM so theyre likely default brawl/unedited colours, 04 is black, 06 yellow/shiny. it's likely that 05 is silver and 03 is the other colour i can't remember off the top of my head lol.
you can view these by opening the pac in brawlbox and clicking through modeldata, 3dmodels, fitlucario to see the cool little lucario skin.

to replace csp/character select ports if available go projectm > system > common5.pac. open that in brawlbox and doubleclick sc_selcharacter_en and then char_bust_text_lz77. lucario's csps are in MiscData[32] and you can click on them to see them and make sure you replace the right one. to replace, right click the file name (i.e. MenSelchrFace___), click replace, and then find the file, probably in the downloaded folder. then save
for battle ports if they are available, go projectm > pf > info > portrite and find the portrait you need to replace. lucario's are intface32X, with X being another number. the ones i have are 321, 322, 323 and 325. open in brawlbox, click textures, and then IntFace file in textures, replace as outlined above and then save
i just checked, both of those are located in the downloaded folder so just replace how i said and you're good to go. let me know if you have any questions!

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
lucario00 is blue, 01 is red, 02 is green, 03 and 05 are not included in my current mod of PM so theyre likely default brawl/unedited colours, 04 is black, 06 yellow/shiny. it's likely that 05 is silver and 03 is the other colour i can't remember off the top of my head lol.
you can view these by opening the pac in brawlbox and clicking through modeldata, 3dmodels, fitlucario to see the cool little lucario skin.

to replace csp/character select ports if available go projectm > system > common5.pac. open that in brawlbox and doubleclick sc_selcharacter_en and then char_bust_text_lz77. lucario's csps are in MiscData[32] and you can click on them to see them and make sure you replace the right one. to replace, right click the file name (i.e. MenSelchrFace___), click replace, and then find the file, probably in the downloaded folder. then save
for battle ports if they are available, go projectm > pf > info > portrite and find the portrait you need to replace. lucario's are intface32X, with X being another number. the ones i have are 321, 322, 323 and 325. open in brawlbox, click textures, and then IntFace file in textures, replace as outlined above and then save
i just checked, both of those are located in the downloaded folder so just replace how i said and you're good to go. let me know if you have any questions!
I'm going to replace the yellow scheme with Ryucario. so I would replace file 6, I don't want to mess with brawlbox, so will this mess with the victory screen?

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
well you wont have ryucario's ports on the victory screen or charselect, he'd only show up when playing i believe. if you dont have brawlbox installed i can try to do it for you later.

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
well you wont have ryucario's ports on the victory screen or charselect, he'd only show up when playing i believe. if you dont have brawlbox installed i can try to do it for you later.
what do you mean? as in I send you my files?

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
basically that or i download the vanilla files for what i need to replace and send them to you.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
mega lucario isn't feasible because legal reasons I think. but there is a mega lucario skin on brawl vault that I use. I'm pretty sure it was done by some of the same people who did the alt skins and it is super high quality. I'll fish up a link when I'm not on my phone

edit: here it is
if you need help installing it let me know i can help :)

Last edited:

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
np. i wish it could be an official alt costume but oh well.

RusselBuck

Smash Rookie
The best idea I could come up with is a King Kazma (rabbit fighter from an anime movie named Summer Wars) inspired outfit, and even though it really fits, it's not Pokémon related and will probably not happen. Plus, some people might be paranoid due to copyright stuff even though it would count as a parody, and it's just an outfit.
King Karma is great,I'm so down to see this ~

Top Bottom